Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Moment of Silence for the 3 Lost Heroes

NishikiNishiki
Mabinogi Rep: 605
in General Chat
I've been playing Mabinogi for 7 years now, and the server merge depresses me is because it erases Millitanian history and honor. The servers were named after Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari because they were the 3 lost heroes and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for them when it comes to this game because they're the first quests you go on. The first NPC's you meet, the first storyline that not only gets you into the game, but expands over half the game. When I think of Mabinogi in general I always think of those 3 characters. It's great that there's new stories and characters branching out but you always remember your first, and now their servers have been erased. Their valiant efforts to save Erin have been ignored and now they're nothing more than bad graphics that newbies want to push past. Tarlach and Ruairi did not die for this. Dishonor on all your cows.

this post is entirely satire
SpareohDanievictriaPlatinaKokiHeleoHisahimeTrees

Comments

• SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    No worries, Mabinogi could never forget about it's original heroes! We'll always have the little homestead plushies, and doll bags, and I can even transform into Tarlach with high enough Adventuring skill.

I think it'd be really cute if they do a kind of "remembrance event" in honor of the lost "heroes/servers" but there's also a lot of butthurt Alexinaians that might take that as "being left out" again. And the entire Nexon gaming development seems like it got hit by a tornado. I don't know when they're going to get Nao working properly, much less have time to organize a new event that can handle the chaos but that seems like a different topic for a different thread.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    3? Mari is still around. She's just the first to get to use a name change coupon. VIP privilege for being mascot.
    SpareohWolfsingerSaiDanievictriaAerenAlexLight
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    Rhey wrote: »
    3? Mari is still around. She's just the first to get to use a name change coupon. VIP privilege for being mascot.

That's favoritism right there XD But you're right
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Spareoh wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »

That's favoritism right there XD But you're right

I mean, considering what she's endured, having become Nao, I'll allow it xD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited June 10, 2019
    RIP 3 dead heroes.
    You will be joined with Eiry and others.
    Wolfsinger
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    Well Mari did not only get name change but also appearance change...and age change...and some...other changes....
    All the original male leads got wiped though.....
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 10, 2019
    Liida wrote: »
    Well Mari did not only get name change but also appearance change...and age change...and some...other changes....

Well Tarlach and Ruairi are "kinda dead". We don't know Ruairi's fate, he was really wrecked the last time we saw him, we might not even recognize the next time we see him. And Tarlach is now a kid with no memory of his past.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Greta wrote: »

Well Tarlach and Ruairi are "kinda dead". We don't know Ruairi's fate, he was really wrecked the last time we saw him, we might not even recognize the next time we see him. And Tarlach is now a kid with no memory of his past.

Ruairi "sacrificed" himself.

As in, took the coward's way out.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

In a neutral way of saying it, he could not reach a deal to renew is contract and therefore is no longer with the team.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

In a neutral way of saying it, he could not reach a deal to renew is contract and therefore is no longer with the team.

Or someone pushed him off the ledge, cause he was asking for it..
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger