Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

$45 for 100% Ceruanus!

GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
edited June 4, 2019 in General Chat
I'm a little on the fence about it...

Comments

• aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    I'm not, that noise.

Increasing the price of gachapons and then adding pets into it. Excellent move.
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    edited June 4, 2019
    Of course Nexon would throw a few cools pets into a pet gacha, they've done it before. But I'm concerned that I wouldn't get the Ceruanus or Mir Dragon pet. Definitely going to give the unwanted pets to my siblings and online friends though
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    tempting but going to pass, Snowman and Patra is enough for me to hit stat cap and don't die as easyly "Yet"
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Eh, I might drop a $15 pack and see how I do. =T
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Leinei wrote: »
    Eh, I might drop a $15 pack and see how I do. =T

Same.

Might have bought 45$ pack if it had dyes in it.
  • NishikiNishiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    Yikes that's more than my car insurance. Either way, I haven't bought any gatcha since way back when the butterfly wings were released and I dropped $90 trying to get a SINGLE pair and didn't even walk away with enough sellable items to buy the wings in market. Play those games carefully D:
  • AlshianAlshian
    If i recall the price for the similar thing they pulled with the snowman was cheaper right? Even that pet was better than this one in terms of utility like Aoe aura debuff and some better stats for Divine link.

Could be wrong but Jacking up the price not something I enjoy...
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    edited June 5, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »
    If i recall the price for the similar thing they pulled with the snowman was cheaper right? Even that pet was better than this one in terms of utility like Aoe aura debuff and some better stats for Divine link.

According to this, the price is the same.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Raishii wrote: »

Ah thank you, I guess the price is the same but the value? Nope.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited June 6, 2019

Pretty sure that's how they've always done pet gachas. I mean, it's a solid deal. Only one of the list isn't ride-able and the others would typically cost somewhere around $10+ normally (save for Battle Pegasus since that's Saga 1 Prize). Also, I like that they make sure that if you don't get one by $45 dollars, you definitely get one of the Ceraunus Whistles for sure.

@Mabi6 I would ask around if others have gotten the gacha and ask their pulls.
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited June 7, 2019
    price is really same as before but i honestly dont like the amounts of dupes
    if i could some how merge the pets (same pets only of corse) so they either increase in stats or lvls
    instead having 10x same pet than id go for it but right now not worth for me..
    and nexon of corse only makes the black version guarantee and i only like the opposite wont bother trying that 5% xD
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 7, 2019

15% chance for snowman
    7% for megacat

It was arguably twice as much and yes snowman seems to have better stats for linking and area debuff. Megacat has "gotta go fast" run speed, outruns anything else and a weaker hide than deer (time limited and has cd). Megacat is versatile but not best in class for anything but speed and being big and flashy.

That said, did I get a megacat? Yes.
    Did I buy gacha? no.

I was very on the fence about it, only got one because a guildie sold me one cheap for goldz
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It's not just for ceraunus. You also get a bunch of other pets as well which you can sell for profit. I made like 50m from the pets I didn't care for. You can use that gold to buy the pets you want.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 8, 2019
    45$ + about 22$ for pet medals... And you might make more than 50m...
    Nah... Not a great deal imo.

• PrinniPrinni
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,825
    Ooh.. I've been waiting for this one to come but gacha has never (ever) been kind to me.
    Not so sure $45 is anywhere in my non-existent budget either, ahaha ^^;
    Unless someone would like to trade for art commissions, I might have more luck saving up gold for however long to buy one from someone.

In the meantime, anyone want to share what they managed to get?
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Prinni wrote: »
    Ooh.. I've been waiting for this one to come but gacha has never (ever) been kind to me.
    Not so sure $45 is anywhere in my non-existent budget either, ahaha ^^;
    Unless someone would like to trade for art commissions, I might have more luck saving up gold for however long to buy one from someone.

In the meantime, anyone want to share what they managed to get?

My luck is apparently decent when it comes to pet gachas for this game.
    The pets I got: Mir Dragon, Battle Pegasus x2, Scooter Imp, Phoenix x2, Red Eye Ceraunus, Gloomy Sheep, Paparazzi Sheep, Paparazzi Little Hopper