Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did Squire Conversations change recently?

ShunraikiShunraiki
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Help
I just got to Baltane just recently and got my special units. Got to meet all of them, picked the ones I liked and then found about the conversation likability mechanic and at first it didn't seem too bad. Found out that 2 of the characters I want have the easiest and then Elsie, who apparently has one of the hardest of the 6.. Fair enough, I'll just look through the internet for help and found a spreadsheet and a tool for guessing the pattern and tried it out... Only to have the 2nd pattern be a dislike.. I don't think it's random for each player but yeah I got the instructions on how to use the guide.. Are those obsolete now and they changed the pattern in the time that guide was posted and now?

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    That has never made sence to me, I honestly don’t think those ever worked right to begin with.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 9, 2019
    They work pretty fine, but you need to find the pattern which you were left off.
    You sure you weren't attempting to chat with her some time before?
    Can you also link the spreadsheet that you were using? I might have a better one if it's something else than the one that i used.
    I should get back to Baltane Squires as well lol. I totally abandoned them.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited June 9, 2019
    The pattern is correct, your understanding of how it works is wrong.

At specific likeability levels, a special conversation will occur that overrides the default pattern. For Elsie, the first keyword will grant you just enough likeability to trigger the first special conversation, so the second keyword is overridden by the special convo keyword (i.e. you had to use Training instead of Playing).

If your likeabilty has gone down because you missed the special convo, you need to go back to the normal pattern to reach that likeability level again, and then use the special convo keyword.
    Greta