Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Some suggests for Mabinogi's futrue by fans

KoromoKoromo
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Feedback and Suggestions
1.make player's attribute upper limit for diffrent new/old dungeon
( decrease the power gap between player's,increase teamwork,more past dungeon is unuseful for high level players,and new player
difficult to get enjoyment with high level players,thay will feel great embarrassment and confusion in the game.
this measure will be increase dungeon's continuing value,rather than endless develop and waste,isn't that good?

2. increase part-time jobs reward from basic(part-time jobs is design for save new player money problem,but yet? it reward is so low for game environment,a lot of part-time job was complete useless,such us(bookshop,flowershop) ,i never find any usefuly of their

3. many productive skill wasted when level max,their only value is increase attribute rather than product, every product is outdated,unvalued,without any updates

4.too bored and difficulty's attribute's/Combat-Power limitation skill is must completed at every new player's game early(windmill/smelt),about smelt,remove the fail experience demand,make it only need succeed,
every skill don't to make impede for player's growthing , it's exp can lengthy,but don't limited for player choice

5.The most valuable thing is the early design of the game,(keyword with NPC's interaction,story,campfire,music-skill,part-time jobs....)rather than what the new kill monster's area,it can't make any attractive for new player,too more kill-monster style online game can substitute for mabinogi

6.It's time to turn FXAA on by default!(it's graphic growing is huge)

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited June 6, 2019
    1. So a power limit for all party members based around party leader? I can see this making some content more interesting. Very nice. Please make it optional.

2. Increased PTJ rewards. Here's a thread about improving Part-time Jobs: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/111250

3. I don't quite understand this point.

4. I totally agree that some early game skills rely too much on Combat Power, like windmill/refining, impacting a new player's experience in unintended and intrusive ways. I have suggested in other places that all CP requirements like "defeat a very strong monster" should be changed to "defeat a very strong (or stronger) monster." As for refining, I agree the fail requirements should be removed entirely.

5. I agree that mabi should improve the the core content that affects all players instead of adding more end-game combat content. The stuff you mentioned is very important for making mabinogi unique. (NPC conversations, PTJ, music-skill, lore, ...idk what you mean by campfire though)

6. I haven't tried FXAA so I can't give an opinion.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    What about some kind of slider control where you do a temporary blanket lowering of your stats resulting in an increase in experience earned. So make, your self artificially and temporarily weaker and get rewarded with more experience while earning experience.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I agree with doing something about CP-based training requirements. They make certain skills a bit annoying to train...particularly Windmill. Why? Because not only is it heavily CP-dependent, but it also requires you to hit/kill 4 or more enemies of a particular power class all at once. Sure, training in Shadow Missions (particularly Their Method) helps. However, the tedium of creating a party of 1 to be able to pile up KOed enemies in range of your attack, then trying to pile them up at a quick enough pace that none of them disappear on you, and Goddess forbid if you hit a target too close to one of the piled ones or defeat one and knock it slightly out of range! And don't even get me started on what a pain it is finding field enemies that fit the training requirements and appear in big enough groups and close enough clumps to be useful once you're strong enough that the first tier of Their Method provides you with zombies that are of equal CP to you but then the next level has Awful-level zombies when you need Strong!

Having enemies stronger than a requirement's stated CP requirement count toward skill training would be a big help, as would changing the wording on those multi-hit requirements from "several" to "four or more." Right now, the wording is really vague and confusing for a new player. Combine that with the aforementioned annoyances finding suitable enemies to train against, and...well, there's a reason why Windmill is cited by many players as the most tedious skill of all to train. Anything that would make that grind less soul-crushing would definitely help retain newer players.

Also, a tailoring pattern in one of the in-game shops for a larger inventory bag would be nice, one that can be paired with the 8x6 from the shop. Even if the pattern is really high level, has low durrability, requires a lot of high-level materials, and/or is really expensive, it would really help. Sure, there's that large bag with the time limit, but re-buying that thing every time is a real pain, and a new player isn't going to be too keen on paying money for inventory space from the cash shop or waiting for an event that gives out bags/pet whistles to get more for free. Having a thing to work toward that they can eventually make themselves will motivate them to stay and keep working at it. Plus, it would make the tailoring skill more valuable, because it gives a player at a high level tailor the ability to expand their own inventory size and the ability to create a high-value, high-demand product for the marketplace.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    I agree with doing something about CP-based training requirements. They make certain skills a bit annoying to train...particularly Windmill. Why? Because not only is it heavily CP-dependent, but it also requires you to hit/kill 4 or more enemies of a particular power class all at once. Sure, training in Shadow Missions (particularly Their Method) helps. However, the tedium of creating a party of 1 to be able to pile up KOed enemies in range of your attack, then trying to pile them up at a quick enough pace that none of them disappear on you, and Goddess forbid if you hit a target too close to one of the piled ones or defeat one and knock it slightly out of range! And don't even get me started on what a pain it is finding field enemies that fit the training requirements and appear in big enough groups and close enough clumps to be useful once you're strong enough that the first tier of Their Method provides you with zombies that are of equal CP to you but then the next level has Awful-level zombies when you need Strong!

Having enemies stronger than a requirement's stated CP requirement count toward skill training would be a big help, as would changing the wording on those multi-hit requirements from "several" to "four or more." Right now, the wording is really vague and confusing for a new player. Combine that with the aforementioned annoyances finding suitable enemies to train against, and...well, there's a reason why Windmill is cited by many players as the most tedious skill of all to train. Anything that would make that grind less soul-crushing would definitely help retain newer players.

All the +1's.

ALL OF THEM.
    Danievictria