Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina Should have been in Nao.

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Rhey wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

The population at the moment appears to be about 2.5x's Alexina. This high result is due to hype but I expect Nao to settle to about 63% of the active population.

I'd expect it to settle in the 50s and dip into 40s during the busy seasons of "other" obligations.

But those prize spinners better get an increased limit(quadruple should be fair) to top tiers R3-1 pulls...

I'd say less. Alexina hits 20-25% where Nao will probably stablize in the 30's. It'll be more, but not massively so. Even as I make this post (during hype) it's 25% alexina and 39% Nao. Nao will have more players because the three servers added together just equals more players plus a few defectors from Alexina will sell everything (or toss everything) and switch. A few will switch from Nao to Alexina, but not enough to counter it.

That all said, it's a band aid. It should lower their overhead cost of running the servers slightly and brings a level of hype for a time, but it doesn't fix their playerbase problem. I hope they get on that. The game is fun, just hard to get into for new players. The game is kind of stale endgame beyond gachanogi and farmanogi. Then again, a lot of games are like that.

But really why I quoted you was: yes they better increase them prize numbers on Nao! Like those big anniversary events where only a few people can win the top prize on the server lol We will be losing 2/3 of our prize opportunities because of the merge. I can already see Alexina players raging about Nao having more prizes though. I honestly doubt they'll code events any different for the two servers so really the most likely 'solution' is a full merge before one of those big events and they'll still not increase the prize pool.
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sorry, I meant Nao will be 63% of the active player base.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Maia wrote: »
    But really why I quoted you was: yes they better increase them prize numbers on Nao! Like those big anniversary events where only a few people can win the top prize on the server lol We will be losing 2/3 of our prize opportunities because of the merge.
    You do realize that’s the same situation with Alexina before merge right. So why should they when they don’t even increase the quota in Alexina even though the prize clearly gone faster in Alexina due to the bigger population
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited June 7, 2019
    The number comparisons in posts after Nao server got 10 channels are not correct. For example, when Nao is 39% full with 10 channel and Alexina is 25% full with 7 channels, it is equivalent to 17.5% full if Alexina had 10 channels.

I am almost tempted to post raid logs from Nao Raids discord server. If you have already not got this server then you should add it. After merger there has been a continuous raids activity till midnight. If you log in anytime, you receive non stop raids announcements. So one can always find something to do as a group. That is also a lot of gold coming in to Nao economy. On the down side, festia scores, RA and guild war have become more competitive. Today 10 black dragons from evening raids died in less than 15 minutes.
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    even with estimated numbers to prove that "3 servers equals the same population as nao" i think the fact that this kind of discussion to prove a server should be left out of the merge is kind of an issue on its own...
    no one would blame alexina or push alexina away if the servers were merged.(can you imagine if all 4 servers were merged in the first place and ppl posted in the forums to remove alexina players? i dont think so.) best that would happen is they complain as a whole about lagg and afkers.

and they already added channels... to help solve the issue of full channels. -just seems like they could of cut the middle man of issues not merging alexina in the first place- it just seems really stressful- im stressed out about it at least
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 8, 2019
    kirbystar wrote: »
    The number comparisons in posts after Nao server got 10 channels are not correct. For example, when Nao is 39% full with 10 channel and Alexina is 25% full with 7 channels, it is equivalent to 17.5% full if Alexina had 10 channels.

Yep, I noticed that too, how on the traffic counters in the wiki, adding the 3 extra channels to Nao had made Naos and Alexinas total activity (seen around the faces) seem closer, when in fact it was still the same situation; good call!

Since the housing channel is channel 26 that tells me that even the Korean servers could have more channels applied to them if needed. So it must be the same here. More channels, one server: let that be our credo. You can bang away at channel one to get in and once in do your shopping, and when you're done go to an emptier one; we've been doing this on Alexina for years; we're used to it.
    TheDumbOne
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 8, 2019
    *Reads Title*

"Alexina should have been in Nao".

tptasOn.jpg
    Crimsọn
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Alexina is doing fiiiiiiiiine.
    vcQFV4K.jpg
    DanievictriaLokitinPan
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Wow, Alexina got decimated.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    "Alexina has healthy population".

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    vcQFV4K.jpg

Take advantage of this moment to get all the good environmental resources that are normally hard to grab when the place is fuller. You know they'll come back.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    vcQFV4K.jpg

Don't forget Alexina's channel 8, channel 9, and channel 10 . . . oh wait nvm.
    Take advantage of this moment to get all the good environmental resources that are normally hard to grab when the place is fuller. You know they'll come back.

Nah let's just merge the servers and add a few more channels still.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited June 8, 2019
    Cfo wrote: »
    I logged in today and server was more empty than tarlach you can even say its tarlach 2.0. Everyone quit and started over on Nao. Nexon basicly gave everything they needed to start over without complaining. Pet gatcha, Abyss armor Gatcha, Etc. There is no point of playing Alexina anymore when you can just pay and get a good start already.

No thanks.

Market is already ****** up. We don't need Alexina's legendary (translation: ******) market prices.
    lyldiesum wrote: »
    ??? i see people all the time day and night. maybe you're just on the dead channels? idk i usually play on channel 1 or 3 and on both i always see people even in places that people typically don't spend time at like Tara (not including Shadow Mission area), Emain Macha, and even around Iria. obviously the more typical places like Dunby and Tir there's always plenty of people all around. only time i don't see nearly as many is around 10pm EST but even then it's still fairly populated and active. i've been on Tarlach before the server merge and i don't think i hardly saw anybody even on channel 1 in Dunby. maybe like 5 people at most anytime i was on there. the merge was simply to match Alexina's population since Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari combined is just slightly higher. idk the merge JUST happened we'll see how it goes from this point on. i think it's for the better honestly
    @lyldiesum
    Channel 1 on Tarlach had its Monster Spawn broken for a long time some years ago. Ever since then, the market channel has fluctuated between 2, 5, and most recently, 7.

If you went to 7, you would've seen a lot of people.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    NO. IT SHOULDN'T. I'm lagging enough as it is PLEASE DON'T. I'M SUFFERING ENOUGH
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sherri wrote: »
    NO. IT SHOULDN'T. I'm lagging enough as it is PLEASE DON'T. I'M SUFFERING ENOUGH

MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA MERGE ALEXINA!
    Sakura2503Wolfsinger
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Sherri wrote: »

lagg is easily fixed, vs making a new character or waiting to see if they bring server transfer options to the NA.
    Sakura2503Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    The best solution is one server with many channels. Before we had 28 channels; why not something closer to that? Then folks who like empty channels will have them. But any rare drop that happens anywhere is potentially available to the entire population. There will be those full channels full of shopping but it doesn't take long to get in. You go there you shop you leave, just like a farming going into town to buy stuff. Seems like a win win to me.
    Sakura2503
  • JarvorenJarvoren
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Yes... please.

Alexina is just... dead now. It's depressing and most people that I know have already jumped ship to start over on Nao (or returned to their old characters). Add more channels, limit x amount of characters per channel (lowering current capacity), and boom: we have a solution. I especially didn't like the fact that Nexon is basically rubbing it in Alexina's face by saying "NAO together". Nah, you left one server out who was already dying before the merge was even announced.

Today, I did the x10 AP event on Alexina and couldn't help but wonder if there was even a point. I could be starting over on Nao, but then I'd be leaving behind something that I've poured so much time and money into. There's no winning there and it's a shame.
    Sakura2503GretaWolfsinger
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited June 9, 2019
    now I am starting to get why they named the server Nao.

No
    Alexina
    Occupants

hopefully they will merge Alexina cause this is already causing a civil war between the players within a week of the merge. now is not the time to be divided, I have always been a supporter of a server merge including all the servers. leaving any server out only hurts the small mabi community we have left. at the very least it would be nice to get a direct answer if they have future plans for a full merge or not and how they plan to keep the two servers balanced if they don't choose a full merge.
    Sakura2503GretaRadiant DawnWolfsingerTheDumbOnePlatinaKokiCrimsọnPanJayy124
  • HelsaHelsa
    It will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. The conditions that drove them to merge the other three servers, eventually will be recognized by Nexon as being suffered by Alexina as well, and it will happen. In fact, right now, I suspect they're already thinking, oops! My guess is though, because of the naming problems, they may develop a repeat name capability first, for characters, pets, and homesteads. They may even enable multiple items in the dressing room. With that, and a boost in number of channels, and they can announce a merge, with far less anxiety.
    Sakura2503Wolfsinger