Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina Should have been in Nao.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    "Alexina has healthy population".

That's what we said about Mari before her hunger.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 10, 2019

I never considered any servers as healthy. Alexina was only the least "ill" there, but still not healthy. NA community is really small and i always wanted for us to be in a one server, so there would be less competition, confusion and regret between servers. It still confuses me when i think about NA's choice with this merge.
    Sakura2503
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I never considered any servers as healthy. Alexina was only the least "ill" there, but still not healthy. NA community is really small and i always wanted for us to be in a one server, so there would be less competition, confusion and regret between servers. It still confuses me when i think bout NA's choice with this merge.

Indeed it was a head scratcher in a way.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Helsa wrote: »
    It will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. The conditions that drove them to merge the other three servers, eventually will be recognized by Nexon as being suffered by Alexina as well, and it will happen. In fact, right now, I suspect they're already thinking, oops! My guess is though, because of the naming problems, they may develop a repeat name capability first, for characters, pets, and homesteads. They may even enable multiple items in the dressing room. With that, and a boost in number of channels, and they can announce a merge, with far less anxiety.

unless theirs a post in the forums or main page stating they are considering another merge for alexina, i just DONT see it happening.
    my character and all my: pets/partners/items/rare items/stuff i paid for/guild and title/weapons/and friends are all in alexina

ppl shouldn't persuade others with something that MAY NOT happen, just to calm ppl down into a false sense of comfort. it MAY not happen, and its not evident it will happen. whats important is whats happening currently. and currently... theirs a lot to deal with.
    (sorry to be so harsh, but ive seen ppl do this all the time, then it doesnt happen)
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 10, 2019
    False hopes won't help, we need facts. For now we have a fact that Alexina is not merged and GM's clearly doesn't want us to merge any time soon. We need confirmation first.
    TheDumbOneSakura2503
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    It will depend on how the situation develops...if enough alexina and future population decided to move/start on nao then eventually...alexina will be so small to be by itself...
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 10, 2019
    Pan wrote: »
    [Content Removed]

And now your account gets killed for revealing your mods.

Also AP doesn't show anything. Rank the dam skills first lol. So you can prove how 5k ttl can be master of all talents or something.
  • LiidaLiida
    edited June 10, 2019
    skills are mostly easy to rank since we now have 2x event for a while as well...and pretty sure there are enough reforged training items + skill pots to go around too, even more so for people willing to dish out for those ace training badges. If people really wanted in 1 weekend they can fully train a talent...
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Ranking skills are too much work. Basically the character is done if were to be ranked. Dang it’s time to quit now because nothing to do.
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 10, 2019
    Liida wrote: »
    skills are mostly easy to rank since we now have 2x event for a while as well...and pretty sure there are enough reforged training items + skill pots to go around too, even more so for people willing to dish out for those ace training badges. If people really wanted in 1 weekend they can fully train a talent...

It's not all about wants. You also need dedication and time. Time is the least issue, because you can always squeeze in at least hour or two everyday, but dedication is another thing. I fully lost it after seeing the Alexina's position after the merge drastically went to worst as possible and i freaking called it. Excuses that the hype will die down is not just good enough because new players will seek for a server with bigger population which is indeed Nao and will be Nao forever and ever...
  • GretaGreta
    Ranking skills are too much work. Basically the character is done if were to be ranked. Dang it’s time to quit now because nothing to do.

Can you please quit faster?
    PanRadiant Dawn
  • LiidaLiida
    edited June 10, 2019
    Oh think new players also most likely will just go with the default server selection....Liida remembered a while back that the reason Alexi grew so big was because it was defaulted to be the default server selection when creating a new character for a really long time...before they changed to Tarlach...

It should help if they make alexi the default server for new char creation...but how much this will help this time around is an open question...

As for skill training its really not that hard..trained ninja and duel guns each in 1 weekend with just talent + event + skill pot...spent total...5-6 hours for each? Also we are talking about those high level alexi players who's starting over on nao. They should know the ropes already and probably have the dedication and will to go through it as well...getting over major talents prob only take 1 month at most and rest little bits can be done piecemeal...the real question should be how to re-gear everything...
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Liida wrote: »
    Oh think new players also most likely will just go with the default server selection....Liida remembered a while back that the reason Alexi grew so big was because it was defaulted to be the default server selection when creating a new character for a really long time...before they changed to Tarlach...

It should help if they make alexi the default server for new char creation...but how much this will help this time around is an open question...

As for skill training its really not that hard..trained ninja and duel guns each in 1 weekend with just talent + event + skill pot...spent total...5-6 hours for each? Also we are talking about those high level alexi players who's starting over on nao. They should know the ropes already and probably have the dedication and will to go through it as well...getting over major talents prob only take 1 month at most and rest little bits can be done piecemeal...the real question should be how to re-gear everything...

The fact that server #4 had the "new" tag for 5+ years didn't help at all.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Think you guys overexaggerate Alexina having the new tag for 5+ years.
  • LiidaLiida
    Oh forgot about the "new:" tag. Yea Alexi had the "new" tag AND was the default server for creating new chars for couple of years. Maybe not 5 but definitely around 4...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 10, 2019
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    It will happen eventually. It's just a matter of time. The conditions that drove them to merge the other three servers, eventually will be recognized by Nexon as being suffered by Alexina as well, and it will happen. In fact, right now, I suspect they're already thinking, oops! My guess is though, because of the naming problems, they may develop a repeat name capability first, for characters, pets, and homesteads. They may even enable multiple items in the dressing room. With that, and a boost in number of channels, and they can announce a merge, with far less anxiety.

unless theirs a post in the forums or main page stating they are considering another merge for alexina, i just DONT see it happening.
    my character and all my: pets/partners/items/rare items/stuff i paid for/guild and title/weapons/and friends are all in alexina

ppl shouldn't persuade others with something that MAY NOT happen, just to calm ppl down into a false sense of comfort. it MAY not happen, and its not evident it will happen. whats important is whats happening currently. and currently... theirs a lot to deal with.
    (sorry to be so harsh, but ive seen ppl do this all the time, then it doesnt happen)

It was said for 12 years that a merge would never happen; it did. The reasons triggering it will eventually happen, if it hasn't already, to Alexina. It is inevitable that Alexina will be merged in; the only question is when. What is said in these forums is nearly irrelevant, for or against, since Nexon has shown that it makes its decisions in a black box.
    [Content Removed]

And now your account gets killed for revealing your mods.

Also AP doesn't show anything. Rank the dam skills first lol. So you can prove how 5k ttl can be master of all talents or something.

Not necessarily Greta, what Pan is suggesting is that, if this is a new character, they made as much as 48,000 levels of AP in two hours. At a max of 250AP per rebirth, that's 4 years of no-life grinding for AP in two hours. Yes, they may still have to work on the skills, but for most skills what holds you back from raising them quickly is earning the AP to do so.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    It was said for 12 years that a merge would never happen; it did. The reasons triggering it will eventually happen, if it hasn't already, to Alexina. It is inevitable that Alexina will be merged in; the only question is when. What is said in these forums is nearly irrelevant, for or against, since Nexon has shown that it makes its decisions in a black box.

with that logic, server transfers could be in the future, or KR content we didnt get or hasnt come out yet...-note: it took 12 years....
    it may take 12 more years to get alexina merged... "it will eventually happen" is not an excuse for whats CURRENTLY happening...

(but i do agree on the fact that nexon doesnt always listen to countless forum posts and feedback made...if they did... the merge would be much earlier, gacha wouldn't be the only payment method, NA would run its marketing and distribution of items different to KR... )

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

with that logic, server transfers could be in the future, or KR content we didnt get or hasnt come out yet...-note: it took 12 years....
    it may take 12 more years to get alexina merged... "it will eventually happen" is not an excuse for whats CURRENTLY happening...

(but i do agree on the fact that nexon doesnt always listen to countless forum posts and feedback made...if they did... the merge would be much earlier, gacha wouldn't be the only payment method, NA would run its marketing and distribution of items different to KR... )

It could take 12 years before Alexina is merged in, but I suspect it will be a LOT sooner than that.
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabi runs for another 12 years '-'?
    Maybe if they figure out an engine upgrade with lots of new content/mechanics and wholesale transfer everything over...

Don't see how mabi engine as is can outlast another 12 years...its like saying US can outlast Trump presidency..
    TheDumbOne
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    It could take 12 years before Alexina is merged in, but I suspect it will be a LOT sooner than that.

i hope ur suspect is susright