Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Option to turn off Bugle Horn messages.

HarukariHarukari
Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
edited June 9, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Please. The spam w/ bugle horns on Nao is so bad.
Can we please have an option to turn these messages off?

People are literally have conversations w/ each other via Bugle Horn.
MaiaHisahimeWliaDraechSherriChoCrimsọnLeineiIonPikangieand 1 other.

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I think it might settle down a bit in a month or 2? But yes, really annoying.
  • HisahimeHisahime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I second (or third?) this.
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited June 10, 2019
    agree its annoying but id like to disable both player chat but also server info bar as well
    its true ppl right now abuse the screen chat like crazy and it does go in the way allot i dont really understand why ppl have to boast the cash and talk total crap for everyone to see =-=
    but server bar info is as equally bad i mean sure its nice to see what event is currently running but i dont need to see it like every 10 minutes...
    can we really get some option to disable those 2 id really love that
    HisahimeVeylaineHarukariDraechSherriIon
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh right, lol you guys just experiencing such issues now. :D I remember when this stupidity would happen in Alexina.
    And people say Alexina is the most toxic, but i see all servers as same honestly.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yes please! I don't need to know some guys life story via bugle. -_-
    Wlia
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Oh right, lol you guys just experiencing such issues now. :D I remember when this stupidity would happen in Alexina.
    And people say Alexina is the most toxic, but i see all servers as same honestly.

These always existed, but now the volume increased.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    This 100%. I've been back and forth on Mari and Alexina and it was never as bad as it is on Nao. People are flirting, roleplaying, advertising twitch channels, and trying to create fake hype for random things. I wouldn't mind it if I had the option to block certain people or not see it entirely.
    SherriWlia
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    How about this? Add a chat tab called "global chat" where everyone on a channel can just chat. I know this won't eliminate bugle chatter, but it would help. I think it would also promote socializing amongst your fellow mabinogians who you may not normally interact with. It would also really help anyone who needs guidance or has questions, almost like having discord's #help channel right in the game!

This would obviate those lesser bugles. To compensate, change bugles to work across channels, server-wide, and make them more expensive.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    edited June 11, 2019
    How about this? Add a chat tab called "global chat" where everyone on a channel can just chat. I know this won't eliminate bugle chatter, but it would help. I think it would also promote socializing amongst your fellow mabinogians who you may not normally interact with. It would also really help anyone who needs guidance or has questions, almost like having discord's #help channel right in the game!

This would obviate those lesser bugles. To compensate, change bugles to work across channels, server-wide, and make them more expensive.

Global chats get really cancerous though. "LF>GF" "*slurs*" people selling their accounts, political talk, etc. The gold seller bots, especially, will be putting a ton of messages on a tab like that. If it was going to be heavily moderated sure but every F2P global chat I've seen so far gets like that and I'm sure it wouldn't be moderated enough to stop it.
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    All my yes. I would even pay money for it. Maybe include it in the premium service if nothing else.
    You can still have your 30 to 90 cents per bugle as an option to block wouldn't prevent sales or use, and a lot of happy customers who don't want to see them.

I don't have a problem with the chat tab bugles since I can't see them with my 20/70 vision, but the flashing yellow warning messages taking up the top 8th of the screen for several minutes is severely distracting.
  • HisahimeHisahime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Maybe the entire bugle system should just be cancelled. I've seen things up there that I do not care to see LOL
    PlatinaKoki
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    It would be one thing if they removed bugles entirely but to have a toggle option for seeing them.... who would keep it on? Most people would eventually switch it off and forget about it. Then people who bugle would just be wasting their money (more than they already are).

Isn't this already a thing overseas? I'm pretty sure that we're going to eventually get a global chat of some sort and yes it will be virtually useless filled with bot spam and advertisements.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited June 11, 2019
    Cho wrote: »

Global chats get really cancerous though. "LF>GF" "*slurs*" people selling their accounts, political talk, etc. The gold seller bots, especially, will be putting a ton of messages on a tab like that. If it was going to be heavily moderated sure but every F2P global chat I've seen so far gets like that and I'm sure it wouldn't be moderated enough to stop it.

People can already do these things in local chat, guild chat, and party ads. So adding a global chat tab (that you are not forced to read) does not make things worse than they are and only has benefits.
  • SpiritshadeSpiritshade
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    True, I may have not paid much attention to the bugle abuse but it does get annoying when those who do just pollute the screen with such nonsense. An idea I'm thinking about is to have a "report" option available when right-clicking another player either directly or doing so on the chat log(s), including bots since, from what I've read on a news post from another game, they're automated characters soliciting real-world money for in-game currency. Some may be the real deal while others are just scams, but the bots have got to go instead of us continuously filling up our blacklists wit 'em. Either way, I assume such solicitation is against the ToS and could result up to account suspension, termination, or worse yet, legal action.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Personally, I'm usually so focused on my own adventures that I barely notice the bugle messages and the event ticker thing. They sort of fade into the background while I concentrate on getting from point A to point B or trying not to die while training and keeping track of my skill exp gains. The bugle messages are so spammy, they're not worth more than a fraction of a second's glance, really. They've just turned into meaningless flashing red and yellow graphics that show up for a short moment in my mind, like spell effects or the white flash that covers the screen when you score a crit. None of those messages are for or about me, so I learned pretty quickly not care.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 12, 2019
    I suggest...reporting them. If you notice someone in particular being annoying or disruptive. Report them.

Go find your "waifu" elsewhere. (Yeah that's a stab at someone we all know who has been incessant lately).

Lets please put an end to this irresponsible expensive form of SEXTING lest the feds get involved.

Thanks. :|

Special edit there...
    DanievictriaDraechPikangieSherri
  • PikangiePikangie
    Mabinogi Rep: 960
    edited June 12, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »

Yes!

Also, blocking the person spamming them, does NOT block their messages. So this is really bad especially if you have someone who is harassing others, being annoying, or spamming outright offensive/discriminatory/illegal stuff on Bugle.

If they really refuse to let us hide it, then they should at least have a report button available for those who break TOS or harass others.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Pikangie wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »

Yes!

Also, blocking the person spamming them, does NOT block their messages. So this is really bad especially if you have someone who is harassing others, being annoying, or spamming outright offensive/discriminatory/illegal stuff on Bugle.

If they really refuse to let us hide it, then they should at least have a report button available for those who break TOS or harass others.

A report feature is sooo needed.. I think the only way to do it rn is to send a ticket..? Unless they changed that too?