Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Enthralling Performance Audio Glitch

TsumukuTsumuku
Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
in Bugs and Glitches
Hello,
So today is the first time I have really been on since the music update. I was in the process of making a spider farm when I came across this audio glitch. When using Enthralling Performance without a music score equipped, instead of the song ending when the time elapses, it continues on and repeats as part of Enthralling Performance. After this occurs and Enthralling Performance ends while the song is still playing, it does not also end at the same time, and instead gets stuck in a loop. Attached is a video of the situation

Recreating:
  • Rank 2 Enthralling Performance
  • Left Hand Equipment: Lyre
  • Right Hand: Empty
  • Playing any song that finishes within the Enthralling Performance time
If anyone would like more information, feel free to ask. I'll try to remember to check back here tomorrow.

Thanks for your time,
Tsumuku

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 17, 2016
    Tsumuku
    Tsumuku said:

If anyone would like more information, feel free to ask. I'll try to remember to check back here tomorrow.
    Just your Server and you'll be set!

I just watched your video, that looping and overlapping of the music from the Lyre sounds awful!
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    Server is Alexina.
    Korore
  • eikodeneikoden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,445
    THIS. Beyond irritating as one must seemingly restart the client completely to be rid of the repetitive music. On the other hand; has anyone tried to play a different instrument with "themselves"?.. about to try this. I figure if you can't beat 'em.. join 'em...
  • TsumukuTsumuku
    edited April 9, 2017
    Not meaning to bump and res a thread, but it seems this one is in need of a phoenix feather.

I had the same issue occur again yesterday. I was using the Enthralling Performance in Shadow Cast City to help train a skill when the issue occurred. If happens again, I will capture if necessary.

Possible of interest:
    I did reinstall the game after the update preventing the use of Mabinogi.exe. I switched to Steam.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    In need of repair this glitch

Shoog
  • KaguNyanKaguNyan
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Bumping; as it does not matter what instrument plays but the skill itself. Audio bug needs to be fixed please. I can't even log out for it to disappear. Restarting client and muting the game is not fun. Running steam but I doubt that makes any difference since the issue is within the game and not the client.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    on Alexina and have gotten this glitch twice. it happened in Tir both times when using r1 enthralling performance to gather foxes to train the dance skill. logging out does not fix it, only restarting mabi does.
    KaguNyan wrote: »
    Bumping; as it does not matter what instrument plays but the skill itself. Audio bug needs to be fixed please. I can't even log out for it to disappear. Restarting client and muting the game is not fun. Running steam but I doubt that makes any difference since the issue is within the game and not the client.

I play through steam as well and decided to make sure everything there were no files missing. to check right click the mabi icon and click properties then go to the local files tab and click verify integrity of game files. it noticed two files missing and downloaded them. not sure if this will fix the issue but it is worth trying.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Bumping, did a quick google search and found this thread... having the same issues, just got the skill myself and it happened to me.
    I assumed it was just because I had that one setting Repeat Instrument Playing or what not but now I'm not so sure

IGN: Mizuli
    Server: Nao
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    Bumping, did a quick google search and found this thread... having the same issues, just got the skill myself and it happened to me.
    I assumed it was just because I had that one setting Repeat Instrument Playing or what not but now I'm not so sure

IGN: Mizuli
    Server: Nao

Had the same issue last month when training the skill. It became a mess because more than one tune started to overlap the other and it became musical mess.

I believe it did not end until logging off.