Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nao Soul Stones won't stack?

UnessentialUnessential
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Help
I have three stacks of nao soul stones. One I bought from the NX shop (stack of 8) and two others (stack of 3 and stack of 2) they are not event nao stones (which i have a stack of 22) and have a "allowable trades left" of 1. (I also have a stack of 15 without an allowable trades)

I bought one of the stacks yesterday, but the other two stacks I found in my bank account from ages ago. The individual stacks can separate and stack back togeather, but not with the soul stones of the other stacks. ... What's going on here? Are there different soul stone item IDs or something?

Comments

• LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    They are most likely a different item ID. I have 5 separate Nao soul stones and they're all event related. 2 have allowable trades, 2 do not have allowable trades, and 1 that has an (event) tag tied to it. It's extremely messy on how they hand these out.
    Lokitinpawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    In one of my characters, I have 5 versions of Nao Soul Stones, a few were from different events and some from the Baltane box, and one stack is from the Shop.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Non-stacking items, my favourite space-wasters.

Non-stacking Nao stones, non-stacking shadow crystals, non-stacking upgrade stones, whatever nonsense is going on with these 1-day complete skill exp pots
    DGhWc.png

So far I've noticed that items will have different IDs (and therefore not stack) if
    - they have a slightly different description
    - they're an (Event) version
    - they're an (Event) version with a slightly different description
    - they're a 1-trade version with 1 trades left
    - they're a 1-trade version with 0 trades left
    - they're a (Tradable) version
    - they're a (Not Tradable) version
    - they can be stored on pets
    - they cannot be stored on pets
    - they can be stored in the bank
    - they can be stored in your bank only
    - they cannot be stored in the bank at all
    - they have a timer
    - they inexplicably have a different stack limit or a stack limit of 1

Anyway, I've given up on fighting it so I just maintain about 6-7 different stacks of Nao stones and Guardian stones in a bank tab. Any new ones I get can just stack wherever it wants to stack.
  • UnessentialUnessential
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Man, I wish nexon would just be more consistent...

Also I wish they would consider the player experience a lot more... They announce big things (not so big) but implement them poorly all the time.