Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beauty Coupon Unlock

MeriMeri
Mabinogi Rep: 940
in Feedback and Suggestions
Instead of the way that it works now, beauty coupons unlock for the specific character that used them. And to answer for it cutting into the 6.00 hair storage coupon revenue, charge pon to go back to it (though more like 10 pon).

As for me, I bought hair storage when they first came out because it was on sale, but I don't buy them now. However, I like to change my hairstyle a lot. And I feel like I can't go back to my older ones even though they're on hair storage coupons. It'll cost me to save my current one, then cost to re-save the other one when I'm ready for another change. So I just don't. 6.00 is too much, plus the storage takes up too much space just for saving a few.

It's not really so much the 6.00, it's more the space and the fact that you might spend 100M for a hair coupon (or more!), and if you don't choose to buy a storage coupon, you're either stuck with the hair for a long time or you lose it the next time you want to change. Yeah, I could wear a wig for a change, but then where would I put my ears?

I don't know how profitable hair storage coupons are, but maybe a lot of others feel the same way that I do and don't bother much. But if we had the other option, people might change out more often. I know that I would.
SherriKadalynTHICCthighssavelives

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    You would think they would make more money if they did add this system. Not only would they make money from the beauty coupon gacha itself but also from people buying lots of Pon.
    I mean for crying out loud, MAPLESTORY has a better hair/eye/etc. storage system than Mabinogi does!
    Why can't we borrow from their ideas? :l

Also making all the Hair Beauty Coupons unisex would be nice too, that way both guys and girls can use certain styles and Nexon makes double the money. It's a win-win situation so why don't they do it? :c
  • HisahimeHisahime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I don't understand why we have to have the coupon system at all. I think all hairstyles should be Pon, and to make up for it, they can be a little pricier for the nicer ones. That way people would pay for the expensive hairs anyway.
  • MeriMeri
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    I wouldn't mind paying a little extra pon for the more sought after styles, actually. Not a bad idea. I don't like the coupon system either, but from an economic standpoint, I can see why they'd do it that way. But yeah, I tend to think they would more than likely make more money if it were unlocks and used pon to go back to a previous style.

Perceived value. Not that 6.00 is a whole lot of money, but when you're talking about a game, it kind of is. So 6.00 all at once for a one-time use coupon? Or spend 6.00 for 4--6 hairstyle changes. And if it's that easy to change, people are going to do it more often.
    Hisahime
  • HisahimeHisahime
    I thought it would be more fair if they just made a high-demand coupon hair like argenta hair like 20pon or something compared to the older styles that people usually don't use.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Nexon: we see you love your fashionogi

Nexon: gamble on hair eyes face and mouth.

Players: why!!!!!!
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I'm not paying 6$ every single time I want to change my hairstyle. If it was 1~2$ I would get extra hair coupons to change around and actually buy the storage coupon.
  • HisahimeHisahime
    Honestly I feel like what would be better is once you use a beauty coupon, that feature should just be fully unlocked for you to use whenever. But it's probably too unrealistic a suggestion.
    THICCthighssavelives