Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PvP Scoreboard + PvP Tournament + PvP Rules

GembiGembi
Mabinogi Rep: 635
edited June 16, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everybody,

I know PvP isn't for everyone, but there is still a huge audience for it on both servers. I noticed that everyone tends to brag about each other's wins, but it's only shown through right-clicking the player to view their PvP stats. I see a community of players here who enjoy dueling each other, but the effort is so hidden to the point where I wanted to suggest a scoreboard for PvP along with a set of standard rules to go along with it so there isn't a huge complaint as to why someone who spams an unfair skill is #1 on the ranking list.

Also, a PvP tournament should be the results of the scoreboard. I would LOVE to see a location for a tournament where everyone can come to watch. There also should be rewards for winners like gold, enchants, reforges, or something that is WORTH the effort of practicing PvP. The #1 PvPer should have a right to a title until someone takes their spot. The tournament should be hosted every 2 weeks or once a month, and you sign up to register for it. (I might be thinking about this too much lol)

I think Mabi has a fun system with the skills for PvP, and they really should do something for it. I know people love to compete, and love to watch competition. These are my ideas, but I would like to hear what you would like Nexon to do if you have any ideas PvP related.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT:

Here are some of the rules I feel should be implemented into the tournament:

- Anyone participating will be at the same 'current' level. (Temporary cap at 200, plus 50 exploration during the tournament, and goes back to normal when finished)
- Any unfair skills will be 'grayed' out when participating in the tournament so no one can use them. (I cannot list all of them off the top of my head. It's also a big debate too of what should be and what shouldn't be used. I hope someone who knows a lot can list them on this thread.)
- The damage rate will always be at 1% so the duel can be fun and interesting to watch instead of ending in 1 shot kills.
- All gear/enchants should be accepted so it can encourage players to enhance themselves. How they do it is completely up to them. Sparks creativity. Anyone can beat each other if they know how to fight. (It takes practice.)
- Any temporary buffs from skills or potions are unusable/disable during the tournament.
- No pets obviously.
- No potion usage like HP, MP, or Stam
- It is completely RNG for who VS who until the last two winners are up against each other. If there are 16 players participating, its 8 duels. You don't choose who you fight. Then its 4 duels, then 2, then 1. More fun when you just have to fight some random, or scary people lol.
- If someone disconnects or force quits in the middle of the duel; its an automatic win for the other player. (This rule needs to be re-worked because this can be taken advantage of.)

I will add more rules when I figure more out.
  1. Would you like a scoreboard or tournament for PvP?7 votes
    1. Yes
       57% (4 votes)
    2. Nah
       43% (3 votes)
    3. I have a other idea for PvP
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I'm not into PvP. Sometimes EvG is fun to mess around with, but I hate PvP going on record as it's usually so unbalanced (especially the past few years with so many gmod skills/equipment). That being said, I love this idea. I personally wouldn't participate, but it'd be cool to watch (and obviously other players would probably enjoy it), and 100% support enforced rules within the tournament. Do you have a more specific idea what the rules might be like/how that might work, to make things fair?
    Gembi
  • GembiGembi
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    edited June 16, 2019
    Lokitin wrote: »
    I'm not into PvP. Sometimes EvG is fun to mess around with, but I hate PvP going on record as it's usually so unbalanced (especially the past few years with so many gmod skills/equipment). That being said, I love this idea. I personally wouldn't participate, but it'd be cool to watch (and obviously other players would probably enjoy it), and 100% support enforced rules within the tournament. Do you have a more specific idea of what the rules might be like/how that might work, to make things fair?

I completely feel you on the unbalanced part. For what I can think at this moment for rules that would be beneficial is:

- Anyone participating will be at the same 'current' level. (Temporary cap at 200, plus 50 exploration during the tournament, and goes back to normal when finished)
    - Any unfair skills will be 'grayed' out when participating in the tournament so no one can use them. (I cannot list all of them off the top of my head. It's also a big debate too of what should be and what shouldn't be used. I hope someone who knows a lot can list them on this thread.)
    - The damage rate will always be at 1% so the duel can be fun and interesting to watch instead of ending in 1 shot kills.
    - All gear/enchants should be accepted so it can encourage players to enhance themselves. How they do it is completely up to them. Sparks creativity. Anyone can beat each other if they know how to fight. (It takes practice.)
    - Any temporary buffs from skills or potions are unusable/disable during the tournament.
    - No pets obviously.
    - No potion usage like HP, MP, or Stam.

I am sure there is a lot more I could add here, but this is what I can think of at the moment.
    I will add more to this post when I think of more or someone mentions it in this thread. ^^

Lokitin
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Pvp in this game is by far the most unbalanced garbage pvp I've ever played (and I played Eudemons pvp... that says a lot).

The amount of time, effort and ultimately money that would be necessary to make pvp even remotely decent (let alone good pvp) would be huge, and frankly, a waste.

That time, effort and money would be much better spent on fixing existing bugs, raising the quality of a new story arcs, creating new core systems, improving past core systems, reworking old content and making it relevant, etc. etc. etc., basically anything that's actually in line with the theme of the game.

Pvp is not. It's plain and simple. Pvp in this game was an afterthought, and it remained like that practically since the beginning (with tiny improvements here and there, to the QoL of pvp, not to the quality of pvp itself, mind you).
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I rather they update jousting first.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

What did you have in mind?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

What did you have in mind?

At least update incentives such as having monetary awards or a weekly title with buffs. Perhaps this should be a different topic.
    Veylaine
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    dNPYsoh.png

They should fix this.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pan wrote: »
    dNPYsoh.png

They should fix this.

Stop showing your mods... :D