Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Teleport To Party Member Button

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited June 17, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
So I was thinking...
Remember back before you ever had those super fast nimbus pets?
Before you were uber cool and a super strong demigod after hours of grinding for gachapons and mastery?
I was wondering if maybe Mabinogi could use a button where you could be teleported to a party member.
Given that the system AI can determine that enemy AI is not combative, a new player could be teleported from floor 1 to floor 2 where their veteran party member is waiting.
(If the AI detects either the user or target player in combat mode, then the teleport function would be cancelled.)
I can't help but wonder how useful such a feature could be, especially in shadow missions where you have multiple mob spawn locations.
What would be super cool is if the teleport feature was an action with a cool down, like continent warp.
This way players aren't abusing the instant movement feature through constant utilization.
-Darkpixie99 of Nao

What do you guys think? Does Mabinogi need more convenience in parties or raids? Or are you already fine with utilizing your pets?
Note: Please remember before any FUD comments, that Nexon KR is filled with geniuses who can prevent any potential exploits before the feature would be released.
Sherri
  1. Teleport To Party Member, what do you think?5 votes
    1. Useful
       100% (5 votes)
    2. Not Useful
       0% (0 votes)
    3. I Prefer Pet Speed
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Do families still have the summon family member option?
    That said, I haven't seen the other teleporting function, wings of goddess in a while.
    And there's the warp imp for those who have them.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited June 17, 2019
    Do families still have the summon family member option?
    That said, I haven't seen the other teleporting function, wings of goddess in a while.
    And there's the warp imp for those who have them.

No, you know what... I don't think families can teleport to each other.
    It would be nice to see this idea used for the Family Tree, if the Party System can't quite be toggled with yet. (Accursed spaghetti code.)
    Unfortunately, the Warp Imp is merely a save location, then teleport back later kind of deal. (Everyone uses one as a TNN shortcut.)
    It won't teleport the player across dungeon rooms to another player who is ahead of them.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Family summon's still exist.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited June 17, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

It does? I haven't been in a family tree for years, so I wouldn't know for certain.
    *Edit
    According to Nexon's guide:
    Additionally, the father of the family has the power to summon any family member to their current location.

So not quite all the family members can summon one another.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    How about making it a skill? It could fit in many talents. Magic, holy arts, alchemy, music, ninja.
    Darkpixie99Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited June 17, 2019
    How about making it a skill? It could fit in many talents. Magic, holy arts, alchemy, music, ninja.

Oh yeah, it would! I keep thinking of Flash Step as a skill, instead of Teleport. (I think the chain talent already has a type of teleport skill too.)
    Although dashing to locations in quick bursts tends to be more popular than teleportation/portal jump skills. (Because anime.)
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670

It does? I haven't been in a family tree for years, so I wouldn't know for certain.
    *Edit
    According to Nexon's guide:
    Additionally, the father of the family has the power to summon any family member to their current location.

So not quite all the family members can summon one another.

Any member can use the family summon. I'm the mother on my tree and I summon all the time. My kids have used the summon funtion also.
    They should just upgrade wings of goddesses.
    Darkpixie99THICCthighssavelivesGreta
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited June 18, 2019
    Any member can use the family summon. I'm the mother on my tree and I summon all the time. My kids have used the summon funtion also.

Huh. Might be time for Nexon to update the guides, then.

They should just upgrade wings of goddesses.

But then moon gates would be redundant, but then again... gold sinks.
    Also my suggestion was a teleport to party member feature, so current wing design is a no go for that. (location, not internal dungeon bound)
    Maybe some new VIP wings that allow you to teleport to either a friend or party member could be added. (Nao knows the VIP Service is in need of updating.) The VIP wings might work like advanced phoenix feathers. (Type in name, enter, teleport to player.)
    Or maybe there could be some VIP (Timed duration that activates/deactivates with Premium Service) exclusive bracelet that functions a bit differently from the Meet Cute Bracelet, where instead of showing location, you can have a teleport to [other bound] player. It could have a cool down like the support dolls, and this function could even be a nice wedding ring addition as well.
    (For those in a different family tree or don't desire one themselves.)
    Moogates were ruined when they made it accessible to all locations at all times and then added more locations.
    Darkpixie99Greta