Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The "Everyday Sneakers", which shoe inspired it?

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
edited June 18, 2019 in General Chat
Mabinogi sometimes release real world clothing and gear into the game. Which real world shoe influenced the design of the Everyday Sneaker?

everyday-sneakers-1.png everyday-sneakers-2.png

130_4007.jpg
Supra Skytop High Tops (black/red/white

black%20adidas%20high%20tops-215trw.jpg
Adidas High Tops (black/red)

51LXH5IjPOL.jpg
Adidas Neo Raleigh (black/red)

nike-custom-dunk-317982-051-black-red-06TD_3.jpg
Nike Nike Custom Dunk (black/red)

I wonder what item or brand will Mabinogi bring in the game next.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Looks like their version mixes the Nike and Adidas ones together.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    edited June 18, 2019
    Looks like their version mixes the Nike and Adidas ones together.

It really does. If you also notice, if the character wears shorts or something, the laces at the top are let loose much like Supra's. The designer(s) want them all.
    everyday-sneakers-3.png
    Kensamaofmari
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    The stripes look like a pair of Adidas to me.
    The stripes look like a pair of Adidas to me.

It's a hybrid of both if you look carefully at all of them.
    pawcalypse
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Why would people ever buy designer shoes. They look like garbage 90% of the time as well as they function the same as $20 walmart shoes with a $10 sole insert but cost $300+
    DanievictriapawcalypseWolfsingerGoldtiger01
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    Why would people ever buy designer shoes. They look like garbage 90% of the time as well as they function the same as $20 walmart shoes with a $10 sole insert but cost $300+
    why do people eat foods when all they need is some nutritions, $4 mcdouble got ur day covered

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 19, 2019
    VcdS0PB.png

look at the weird indentations over the toes. Did they use CROCS as a base? :thinking:
    GretaKensamaofmaripawcalypseWolfsinger
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Qnaug wrote: »
    why do people eat foods when all they need is some nutritions, $4 mcdouble got ur day covered
    Mcdonalds doesn't serve food, they serve processed trash with next to no nutritional value. Per serving it's also a lot more expensive than cooking at home.
    DanievictriaImaizumipawcalypse
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940

Agreed. Every time I see Yeezys I wanna throw up.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Barefeet is the best.
    pawcalypse
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Bruh
    That comparison was just terrible
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Sherri wrote: »

Bruh
    That comparison was just terrible

there wasn't even an attempt at a comparison.

Nike shoes are some of the worst shoe's I've ever owned, I got a $250 pair on sale for 75$ and I returned them. Felt like cheap garbage.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pan wrote: »
    Barefeet is the best.

Yes, trolls are supposed to be barefeet.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    -shugs- mine dropped since i afked and thought my daily already finished and filled myself up with ptj daily items. Kind of missed when it would have a perma hold via temp inv on the event items.

Wonder if it could be a whole differnt shoe company than we think? Or maybe it was anime influence from one of those? Or maybe they had more art competitions and that was selected out of it?
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    edited June 20, 2019
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    -shugs- mine dropped since i afked and thought my daily already finished and filled myself up with ptj daily items. Kind of missed when it would have a perma hold via temp inv on the event items.

Wonder if it could be a whole differnt shoe company than we think? Or maybe it was anime influence from one of those? Or maybe they had more art competitions and that was selected out of it?

They did the same with the Floral Regalia Box
    Mabinogi x Gucci
    372689-KTI1-G-1000-001.jpg
    6O4B1632.jpg
    m-5b2d873f03087c4186c8f27a.jpg
    a5422ea343947a6a43d46ae8722af774-mens-fashion-shoes-shoes-men.jpg

Many adaptations from one medium to another have to alter an idea even if that item or whatever came from the same author in that company. Avoiding copyright (even if it's from the same person or company) is the influence of slightly changing the look, a dialogue, a color/shade/hue/tint or even to exclude some parts of that thing (a person is just a picture instead of character; change of gender; character is a pet instead; etc.).
    Greta wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Barefeet is the best.

Yes, trolls are supposed to be barefeet.

Because there are no custom made shoes for their size?