Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

SOLVED: api-ms-win-crt-runtime error

aeternitisaeternitis
Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
edited June 20, 2019 in Technical Support
It was probably just me since no one else has posted anything, but after today's maintenance (June 20), when trying to launch the game I got, "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing" followed by a MSVCP140.DLL missing error. The game would not launch.

I was able to resolve it by reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft's website here.
vampryn[Deleted User]

Comments

• vamprynvampryn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    I got that as well. Thank you for posting...now I know what to do.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Oh good. Glad I could help.
  • DierdreDierdre
    Mabinogi Rep: 650
    I got it too, thanks for posting :>
  • WARSAGEWARSAGE
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    hey i tried the solution you posted too but for some reason the installation keeps failing :/
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    WARSAGE wrote: »
    hey i tried the solution you posted too but for some reason the installation keeps failing :/

I don't know what to tell you. If you can't install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, you may want to contact Microsoft for help. If Mabi isn't installing, you may want to open a ticket with Nexon.
  • DrakkletanonDrakkletanon
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I've tried these fixes, and in fact have MANUALLY located and verified that I do indeed have these .dll files. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is such a problem for C++