Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G23 after storm advent, I need to know.

VeylaineVeylaine
Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
edited June 25, 2019 in General Chat
Is this quest necessary to complete the mainstream storyline or is just like the sidequests. ex elfs request for the alchemist tab.

WARNING stuff in spoilers may contain well spoilers
Tb9GgnO.png
pfgow5J.png

because this quest you can only turn in 100 silks or 100 straps or 30 relics in one day silks and straps only give 1 point per item. The relics give 10 points and I only got my relic from the quest when were looking for the "suspicious relic piece" and not strange relic piece. Im not sure if you need the special bait or not to get them. None the less, no other quest from this gen takes the cake of tediousness quite like this one.

So can anyone confirm if this quest is mandatory for the mainstream quest line?
EDIT:the reason I ask this is because before you start this relief, g23 part one gets completed for the coin thing.

Update: One of my friends got a strange relic piece with normal bait after 72 baits were used

6/25/2019 update: I think after seeing all these responses im like 90% this is just a sidequest.

Comments

• MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    going to assume you need it done before part 2.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Oh god no, no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited June 21, 2019
    It really doesn't seem to be that bad.... sorta? 10 days to complete...
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited June 21, 2019

its doable in 2-5 days maybe even one day if you fish up 30 relics in one day, but if I don't have to do this I'd rather not lol ( yes no one is forcing me to do this gen, it was more as if we need to do this to continue g23. this last bit is not directed at you persay just incase any smart mouth does)
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Veylaine wrote: »

its doable in 2-5 days maybe even one day if you fish up 30 relics in one day, but if I don't have to do this I'd rather not lol ( yes no one is forcing me to do this gen, it was more as if we need to do this to continue g23.)

not sure how I screwed up... unless I'm not suposed to count the 5000 ttl and only count the 500 from quest
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited June 21, 2019

its doable in 2-5 days maybe even one day if you fish up 30 relics in one day, but if I don't have to do this I'd rather not lol ( yes no one is forcing me to do this gen, it was more as if we need to do this to continue g23.)

not sure how I screwed up... unless I'm not suposed to count the 5000 ttl and only count the 500 from quest

you can get the 500 in one day if you get lucky and get 30 relics 30 relics is 300 cont and the 100 silks and 100 straps are 200. I should of been more specific in that you can only turn in 30 relics then 100 of ea for the other two because they are daily caps. Im gonna say you need 500 to just finish the quest, from the rumors I heard 5000 cont you get a reward?
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    edited June 21, 2019
    well anyhow, the quest can only be complete after pt 2 starts

rewards based on contribution...

not sure the meanings so ima do 500 and ignore it afterwards
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    Oh ffs that objective. I don't complain on generation quests, they are what they are, but this one takes the cake.
    TreesSherriYummei
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I assume we need to fish on the Fishing Boat to be able to get the pieces? Or can we fish elsewhere (which I doubt but I'm still curious)?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Sherri wrote: »
    I assume we need to fish on the Fishing Boat to be able to get the pieces? Or can we fish elsewhere (which I doubt but I'm still curious)?
    I0lS5Ow.png
    doesn't really specify but me and friends only tried the fishing boat, honestly im just gonna make leather straps for 5 days, *silk rng is evil*. Since I do not want to take a chance of this not being a sidequest. But yes for sure the fishing boat has them dunno if ports or other bodies of water have them since the way shayla says it is kind of vague.
  • WinglyMeruWinglyMeru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Here's the rewards.
    I can't read it, though.
    unknown.png

Looks like the doll part for crafting the Far Darrig doll bag.

Probably not worth it.
    Maia
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited June 22, 2019
    WinglyMeru wrote: »
    Here's the rewards.
    I can't read it, though.
    unknown.png

Looks like the doll part for crafting the Far Darrig doll bag.

Probably not worth it.

seeing makes more me confidant that this is just a sidequest, but still...
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited June 24, 2019
    According to Google Translate:
    That you for helping with the G23 disaster, blah blah blah...
    500 points = 10AP
    1000 points = 5 of each type of tier 2 Briogh Crystal
    3000 points = Title to do with a storm? Gives 30HP and I think has special effects which I assume are cosmetic
    5000 points = Paruru (Are these called Far Darring in NA?) doll bag exchange coupon

I doubt the two asterisks are relevant to us. First asterisk is something about compensation and the second looks like the final date in which the players can claim the rewards.
  • JkentJkent
    Where was the relic fished at?
  • JkentJkent
    Is this quest necessary to complete the mainstream storyline or is just like the sidequests. ex elfs request for the alchemist tab.

WARNING stuff in spoilers may contain well spoilers
    Tb9GgnO.png
    pfgow5J.png

because this quest you can only turn in 100 silks or 100 straps or 30 relics in one day silks and straps only give 1 point per item. The relics give 10 points and I only got my relic from the quest when were looking for the "suspicious relic piece" and not strange relic piece. Im not sure if you need the special bait or not to get them. None the less, no other quest from this gen takes the cake of tediousness quite like this one.

So can anyone confirm if this quest is mandatory for the mainstream quest line?
    EDIT:the reason I ask this is because before you start this relief, g23 part one gets completed for the coin thing.

Update: One of my friends got a strange relic piece with normal bait after 72 baits were used

Where were the relics fished up at? I've tried several places now with no luck
  • WinglyMeruWinglyMeru
    I'm getting them on the fishing boat. People say 1 in 50 bait, but I think its better than that.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited June 24, 2019
    I'm getting them on the fishing boat. People say 1 in 50 bait, but I think its better than that.

Hahaha.. lucky them.

*Meanwhile I've only gotten 3 in about 300 bait*

EDIT: Okay I don't know how in the nine hells people are getting so many, I've been fishing all day yesterday and today, used like 500 bait and I STILL ONLY HAVE THREE.

EDIT2: OMG I GOT FOUR NOW :OOOOO
    TwistedxFate
  • WinglyMeruWinglyMeru
    jjeremy wrote: »
    500 points = 10AP
    3000 points = Title to do with a storm? Gives 30HP and I think has special effects which I assume are cosmetic
    5000 points = Paruru (Are these called Far Darring in NA?) doll bag exchange coupon

I doubt the two asterisks are relevant to us. First asterisk is something about compensation and the second looks like the final date in which the players can claim the rewards.

Yeah it doesn't seem worth it. It looks like the Far Darrig doll bag can just be crafted later.

Hahaha.. lucky them.

EDIT: Okay I don't know how in the nine hells people are getting so many, I've been fishing all day yesterday and today, used like 500 bait and I STILL ONLY HAVE THREE.

Here's my results of fishing:
    vJCAijR.png

To answer the question though, I think this quest is completely optional. The main quest already had you give materials, so this just seems not required to progress.

• YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    I got 50 relics after 3 days of fishing,if you decide to leave the computer on... :^(
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    jjeremy wrote: »
    500 points = 10AP

Yeah it doesn't seem worth it. It looks like the Far Darrig doll bag can just be crafted later.

Hahaha.. lucky them.

Here's my results of fishing:
    vJCAijR.png

To answer the question though, I think this quest is completely optional. The main quest already had you give materials, so this just seems not required to progress.

Wait, the Far Darrig Doll Bag is going to be obtainable through crafting? Then why in the world am I sitting here fishing for what feels like 1% chance relics?
    Sherri