Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Name change? Where is it?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    hopefully before name changes their considering merging alexina.. and the longer it takes the longer alexina may? be merged.... maybe not...(probably not) (just hoping thats the reason....sigh...)

Not happening, quit hoping. We keep telling you guys it can't happen for many different reasons and it just flies the hell over your heads. Channel 1 is inaccessible during peak hours. Stop.

And don't tell me to just go to another channel.
    I have things I want to sell that can only be sold in personal shops and the best hopes of them being sold quickly while the market continues to crash is to have a shop on channel 1 where all the impulse buyers are.
    9dnGeIh.png

so cus you cant get to channel one?.... that was alexina for a very long time(before auction house existed,belvest, and channels 6 and 7).. and i never complained... im baffled at simple things alexina found normal... to be such a major inconvenience to nao players....

Phew... Thank god someone else thinks like me.

*thumbs up*

Now... Let the merge begin.

No.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    No.

No u.
    SherriKetsuekiOfRuairi
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I can't speak for others but I'm having issues with Ch 1 being full because I was never around in the game to witness it happening regularly.
    I joined when Ch. 2 was the bomb in Mari and it never seemed to get full enough to block people out.
    Or if it has I wasn't online? I don't remember ONCE when it did and I joined around 2014.

For Nao, your best bet is to use Ch. 7 since it's like the 'back up shopping channel', or at least until you can smuggle yourself into Ch. 1.
  • TwlnTwln
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Lokitin wrote: »
    I think it’s a lot more complicated than writing a code. There’s surely a lot of bugs they need to test and iron out. I highly doubt they’re dragging their feet...name changes have *never* been a thing before, they likely have to rewrite a LOT of programming. Guilds, friend lists, menus, personal items, seal breakers, housing, etc...they’re probably trying to figure out a way that causes the least collateral damage; such as not having to force everyone to rejoin guilds, get re-married, rebreak seals, etc...because as much as we all want to get our names fixed, most people would probably lose their minds if all of those things reset, because Nexon can never make everyone happy.

Nah thats not the issue.Something like this could have been worked on before announcement. Plus Korea Nexon already programmed that coding (name changing isnt new there). They have more than enough money to hire professional C++ coders to get the job done fast. The real problem would be management withholding permission to green light the move for whatever unknown reason. Probably a grace period so people can realize?

• AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Aquasol wrote: »
    I ranted my rant. It got deleted. This thread will get deleted too.

Just as a reminder, claiming something is not FUD, does not exempt it from being so. Also, threads/replies are not supposed to be directed at CMs,

Yeah yeah, I know you guys rant about me in private chats and crap. "Oh there she goes again SIGH. I am so sick of her. Katherz can you please just ban her and be done with it? Please??" You guys just don't get it. You're in your little positions trying to control the forums and protect them. But you know what has gone down is complete bs. Getting names fixed and thus fixing guilds should of been their main priority when this problem arose.

I dunno what private chats you've been reading, but I honestly barely know who you are.
    TreesGretaSakura2503WolfsingerKetsuekiOfRuairiVeylaineRukiyaAlexisEUTheDumbOneYummeiand 3 others.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Take one of the old servers, say, Ruairi. Now add another channel too it, complete with an extra full population. You still have the same old server you had before plus a nice new channel for shopping or recruiting. So, it would be better. Nao is more than the sum of its parts because full channels themselves have value because they are full.

Can't wait for the full merge. At least it's inevitable.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited June 19, 2019
    TNinja wrote: »
    Hm, I think the process right now is going a little like this...:

Staffer 1: Alright, now I'll just plug in this variable, add this if statement and...

*Code shatters like glass and the shards catch on fire and turn radioactive all at once*

Staffer 2: Dude! What did you do?!!

Staffer 1: I just added a simple if statement, and--

Staffer 2: An if statement?! You know this code can't take one more if statement!! What is wrong with you?!

*The flaming, radioactive code shards proceed to explode*

Staffer 1: I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!

...And that's why we must wait...

What is this, Yandere dev?

Just speaking from my own experiences with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript (the latest language I'm learning to work with). There's always that one task you think is going to be dirt easy...and then you break something horribly. Trying to work within someone else's code increases the chances of e'splosions, and working with code multiple people with multiple different ways of doing things have worked on (because, in programing, there are often multiple ways one can code the exact same thing) makes said e'splosions very likely to be nookyular in nature.

...So, it's more like Yandere Code, really.
    LokitinSherriWolfsingerMusicatpawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 20, 2019
    I ranted my rant. It got deleted. This thread will get deleted too.

Just as a reminder, claiming something is not FUD, does not exempt it from being so. Also, threads/replies are not supposed to be directed at CMs,

Yeah yeah, I know you guys rant about me in private chats and crap. "Oh there she goes again SIGH. I am so sick of her. Katherz can you please just ban her and be done with it? Please??" You guys just don't get it. You're in your little positions trying to control the forums and protect them. But you know what has gone down is complete bs. Getting names fixed and thus fixing guilds should of been their main priority when this problem arose.

I dunno what private chats you've been reading, but I honestly barely know who you are.

I want to be in that private chat. If anyone has it, hit me up please.

It's no surprise that our Gaea here is the queen of rants.
    Helsa wrote: »
    Take one of the old servers, say, Ruairi. Now add another channel too it, complete with an extra full population. You still have the same old server you had before plus a nice new channel for shopping or recruiting. So, it would be better. Nao is more than the sum of its parts because full channels themselves have value because they are full.

Can't wait for the full merge. At least it's inevitable.

Me too. I even said that i don't care about my name. I just really don't want to have ugly +Alexina tag on. I'm even prepared to change my name.

Sakura2503Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Name change coupon.

Where is it?

s'it at a friend of mine?

Where is it?

s'it at my brother's?

• ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone
    AquasolWolfsinger
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited June 23, 2019
    Nao I'm curious on how they're actually storing data. I mean if it were relational you'd think they would just use one table for this and it wouldn't be that difficult as the names are fetched... but are they saving the names else where as well? Given the game was from 2002 it more than likely is relational...
    For now I'd suppose it works like semi-everything. You have your name changed, you have your marketplace disbanded, yet your pets still belong to you, also, your notes go somewhere else. But your friends are still yours, because they are bound to your character's core and not to the name. Sounds like a Soul Stream thing MpIepVfC0w8.jpg
    Mari was an ultra Milletian and rebirthed into Nao. #storyline #servermerge
    Wolfsinger
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    What annoys me is that they didn't already have the name change ready to go with the merge. So that means they felt the merge had to happen sooner rather than later even though the name change wasn't ready. Probably not a good sign.
    Sai
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Yombo wrote: »
    What annoys me is that they didn't already have the name change ready to go with the merge. So that means they felt the merge had to happen sooner rather than later even though the name change wasn't ready. Probably not a good sign.

Who's to say they didn't have the name change system ready? Unforeseen problems happen. I'm just happy the servers don't have to be down the entire time and that the unforeseen problem didn't lose items, data, or make the game actually unplayable.
    DanievictriaLokitinVeylaineWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Maia wrote: »

Who's to say they didn't have the name change system ready? Unforeseen problems happen. I'm just happy the servers don't have to be down the entire time and that the unforeseen problem didn't lose items, data, or make the game actually unplayable.

Do you have an ugly tag on your name?

Cause it F*****G SUCKS.
    SpareohWolfsingerSherri
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 23, 2019

Cause it F*****G SUCKS.

Yes I do and unlike you, I'll never be able to change it.

All that I said still applies. I'm just happy the game is up and running. I'm loving the events and the new generation. The activity is boss too so overall, very successful merge imo.
    LokitinVeylaineWolfsinger
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780

Cause it F*****G SUCKS.

All that I said still applies. I'm just happy the game is up and running. I'm loving the events and the new generation. The activity is boss too so overall, very successful merge imo.

Why will you never be able to change it?
    Sherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Spareoh wrote: »

Cause it F*****G SUCKS.

Why will you never be able to change it?

They are more likely a Seal-Breaker.