Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you all manage to get your desired names?

ChurrmanderChurrmander
Mabinogi Rep: 940
edited June 25, 2019 in General Chat
I was very fortunate and was able to rename my characters back to their original names and was even able to rename a character whose name I despised into a nicer one.

What about everyone else? Did the name change Gods bless you?
DANIartsNishiki

Comments

• OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    having " Access temporarily revoked due to abnormal login attempts. Please try again later."

makes me wonder whats going on
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Ofelia wrote: »
    having " Access temporarily revoked due to abnormal login attempts. Please try again later."

makes me wonder whats going on

I'd imagine they didn't load test whatever potato web server is hosting the name change page and it's getting overwhelmed.
    Trees
  • TreesTrees
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    edited June 25, 2019
    I got the cash shop item error as expected. I submitted a ticket as instructed so I will share how long the request takes once it is processed.
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Trees wrote: »
    I got the cash shop item error as expected. I submitted a ticket as instructed so I will share how long the request takes once it is processed.

D: I'm sorry. I hope you get that resolved!
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I got "Character is married" (even though I divorced).

So I sent a ticket, so they know I'm claiming the name back.
  • FerghusTheBlacksmithFerghusTheBlacksmith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195

Same. Checked again and name was taken. Not sure how the whole process works exactly if you go to grab a name but can't and someone else gets it.
    Trees
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander

How recently did you divorce? Maybe the name change service is reading old data off the game server.
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander

Same. Checked again and name was taken. Not sure how the whole process works exactly if you go to grab a name but can't and someone else gets it.

This makes me think they should have at least implemented a failsafe on name claiming. Like, "whomever has been the most active recently gets first dibs on the disputed name" (between the two people sharing the same name, of course.)
  • TreesTrees
    edited June 25, 2019

This makes me think they should have at least implemented a failsafe on name claiming. Like, "whomever has been the most active recently gets first dibs on the disputed name" (between the two people sharing the same name, of course.)
    I just checked and someone took my name. :^(
  • TreesTrees

I checked my original name it says taken. I checked a new name and it says cash shop error.

What is the truth . . . . .
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    seems like the whole potato farm just up and caught fire.

also seems like some people just name grabbed everything under the moon just to troll people....
    Trees
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

How recently did you divorce? Maybe the name change service is reading old data off the game server.

Doesn't matter when I divorced.

Character window says I'm not married. That means I'm not married.

Once again, I'm being punished because some minimum-wage code monkeys can't DO THEIR JOB.
    Trees
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    I'm having issues changing my name back to my original one, even though it was my name before the merge I now get the window "cannot use this and that". I'm not getting this.
    Trees
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Zennos will be losing the "+Tatlach" and will now be going by his embarrassing full name, Zennostelos. All who laugh at his name take a blast of Thunder to the face...
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

So name-stealing is possible.

Hear that, Nexon? Not even an HOUR in, and your "system" is broken.

A server merge was the WRONG move.
    Trees
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Ofelia wrote: »
    seems like the whole potato farm just up and caught fire.

also seems like some people just name grabbed everything under the moon just to troll people....

Gee, didn't a certain company say that they were going to prevent that from happening?

TreesOfelia
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Server Merge > Name.

Change my mind.
    PanShakayaLokitinDangerousDitchImaizumi
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    With all these issues I am so confused how I was able to get it to work on MOBILE of all platforms...

I feel bad for mentioning my success now :(
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I just want to remind everyone, because it's easy to forget, that the name you're attempting to claim as your own belongs to up to two other people, each of which is just as deserving of that name as you are. If one of your dopplegangers manages to keep their name, it doesn't mean they stole it from you. The fact that your name got a server tag means that you'd likely be racing at least one other person, possibly two, to get that name.

In short, please don't harass the one who won that race in-game, or call them a thief. They were merely protecting their own name, same as you.
    ChurrmanderDanievictriaGretaAraePanShakayaCrimsọnRaishii[Deleted User]Iboriiand 13 others.
  • TreesTrees
    edited June 25, 2019
    I just want to remind everyone, because it's easy to forget, that the name you're attempting to claim as your own belongs to up to two other people, each of which is just as deserving of that name as you are. If one of your dopplegangers manages to keep their name, it doesn't mean they stole it from you. The fact that your name got a server tag means that you'd likely be racing at least one other person, possibly two, to get that name.

In short, please don't harass the one who won that race in-game, or call them a thief. They were merely protecting their own name, same as you.
    You are incorrectly assuming only 3 people can claim a name lmfao. Just stop
    Ion