Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The New Gen's Guide to Veteran Mabinogi Terms

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited January 28, 2017 in Game Guides
Okay, I'm sure the list is already out there somewhere, but I'm going to start off with listing off the easiest and most confusing terms.
(Feel free to add in a link to a forum of this nature that's already been established.)
-SM: Shadow Mission
-TM: Theater Mission
-MA: Martial Arts Tournament (Found in Avon)wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Erinn_Martial_Arts_Competition
-NMP: Note me price, usually players with this in their party won't add you to thier friends list and will note you back. If they're interested in your price range that is.
-NMO: Note me offer, usually players with this in their party won't add you to thier friends list and will note you back. If they're interested in your offer that is.
-BO: Buyout offer, usually a price in gold.
-CO: Current Offer

Anything else can be found here:
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Glossary
BerryswirlLORD_ENDYMION猿仙人_SaruSenninBlissfulkillJazmynstrawberrydreams

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    -AW: Auto Wanted, also used in parties for selling items and is the same as Buyout Offer.
  • 猿仙人_SaruSennin猿仙人_SaruSennin
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    edited March 10, 2017
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    -AW: Auto Wanted, also used in parties for selling items and is the same as Buyout Offer.

I believe the right term would be "Auto Win", offer the amount of gold I stated, and the item is yours, no delay.
    GretaImaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    RA = Royal Alchemist.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Shadow Mission List
    Tara
    - SCC = Shadow Cast City
    - EB = Enemy Behind (rarely seen)
    - LD = Lingering Darkness (Rarely seen)
    - TOA = The Other Alchemists
    - SS = The Sulfur Spider Inside Shadow Realm
    Taillteann (or just Tail)
    - Conflict = Conflict! An Unexpected Battle
    - Provo = Provocation
    - SW = Defeat the Shadow Wizard (not to be confused with 'Defeat The Shadow Warrior')
    - BFT1 & BFT2 = Battle for Taillteann I & Battle for Taillteann II, Respectively
    - DFC1 & DFC2 = Defeat Fomor Commander I & Defeat Fomor Commander II, Respectively
    - Scout = Rescue The Scout
    - TDB = Taillteann Defensive Battle
    strawberrydreams
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    WD = Write Dragon, raid boss in Physis (Southwest of the Flightless Bird Mark, South of Sella Beach if summoned by a player)
    BD = Black Dragon, raid boss in Connous (South of the Scorpion Mark, Southeast of the Oasis if summoned by a player)
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Thought I'd add more to this only because I'm one of those older players and I have had some people ask about what G# /Gen# means when I respond to their party ads... XD

Old-School Generations List

G1- Advent of the Goddess
    G2 - Paladin
    G3 - Dark Knights
    G4 ~ G6 - Explorers of Iria (NA got the entire continent of Iria in one super expansion; In Korea, it was separated. G4 - Explorers of Iria, G5 - Elves of the Desert, and G6 - Giants of the Snowfield)
    G7 - Ancient Secrets of the Irinid
    G8 - Dragons
    G9 - Alchemy
    G10 - Goddess of Light
    G11 - Sword of the Gods
    G12 - Return of the Hero
    G13 - Hamlet
    G14 - Romeo and Juliet
    G15 - Merchant of Venice
    G16 - Macbeth
    G17 - The Classic

I did leave after G17 so I'm not sure what the others are after that other than G19 and G20 are related to the Alban Knights, just I don't know the subtitle for those ^^;

Adding "Final" after a generation number usually denotes the Final Boss battle for that story arc and may require a small party if the player is unable to solo. Bear in mind that there are also some finals that are solo only (Forget which ones... it's been too long).
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited April 15, 2017
    Falcondae wrote: »
    Thought I'd add more to this only because I'm one of those older players and I have had some people ask about what G# /Gen# means when I respond to their party ads... XD

Old-School Generations List

G1- Advent of the Goddess
    G2 - Paladin
    G3 - Dark Knights
    G4 ~ G6 - Explorers of Iria (NA got the entire continent of Iria in one super expansion; In Korea, it was separated. G4 - Explorers of Iria, G5 - Elves of the Desert, and G6 - Giants of the Snowfield)
    G7 - Ancient Secrets of the Irinid
    G8 - Dragons
    G9 - Alchemy
    G10 - Goddess of Light
    G11 - Sword of the Gods
    G12 - Return of the Hero
    G13 - Hamlet
    G14 - Romeo and Juliet
    G15 - Merchant of Venice
    G16 - Macbeth
    G17 - The Classic

I did leave after G17 so I'm not sure what the others are after that other than G19 and G20 are related to the Alban Knights, just I don't know the subtitle for those ^^;

Adding "Final" after a generation number usually denotes the Final Boss battle for that story arc and may require a small party if the player is unable to solo. Bear in mind that there are also some finals that are solo only (Forget which ones... it's been too long).
    Adding on to where you left off:

G17 - Shamala and Nightmare
    G18 - Saga Iria/Saga Iria: II
    G19 - The Divine Knights
    G20 - The Gate of Sanctuary

Names of Towns
    Tir - Tir Chonaill
    Dunby - Dunbarton
    Tail - Taillteann

Equipment
    Dura - Durability
    Es - Enchant
    Ego - Spirit Weapon
    CC - Chaincast

Party Ads
    B> - Buying
    T> - Trading
    S> - Selling
    WTB> - Willing to Buy
    WTS> - Willing to Sell
    WTT> - Willing to Trade
    LF> - Looking For
    R> - Recruit

Combat/Skills
    CP - Combat Power (how strong your character is compared to the monsters you face, indicated by pressing 'left alt' which displays in front of the monsters' name. In order: weakest, weak, normal (will appear without a tag), strong (powerful), awful (very powerful), boss.)
    AR - Arrow Revolver (archery skill)
    WM - Windmill (combat skill)
    FH - Final Hit (combat skill; human only)
    FS - Final Shot (archery skill; elf only)
    CS - Crash Shot (archery skill)
    Magnum - Magnum Shot (archery skill)
    IS - Ice Spear (magic skill)
    FB - Fireball (magic skill)
    TH - Thunder (magic skill)
    PH - Party Heal (magic skill)
    Insp - Inspiration (magic skill)
    Hydra - Hydra Transmutation (alchemy skill)
    MK - Musical Knowledge (music skill)
    Overture - Battlefield Overture (music skill)
    Enduring - Enduring Melody (music skill)
    Trans - Transformation (temporarily become a powerful alter ego that differs by race. Available after finishing G2. Humans = Paladins/Dark Knights (DK only available after finishing G3); Elves = Falcons; Giants = Beasts)
    Demi - Demigod (lets you temporarily have the power of the gods and gives you certain unique skills. Available after completing G10. All Demigod skills available after completing G12.)

BrokenrosekingNifanity
  • ChakylinChakylin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    Weapons:

CRX - Celtic Royal Crossbow
    CRK - Celtic Royal Knight Sword
    BDK - Black Dragon Knight's Giant Sword
    BDK Bow - Black Dragon Knight's Bow
    Tribolt - Celtic Tribolt Wand