Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you all manage to get your desired names?

Comments

• ZeldaFoxZeldaFox
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited June 25, 2019
    I was able to switch my name to something I liked more, and surprisingly the one I was hoping to get wasn't taken and I was able to reserve it. Plus now I'm hyped to r1 all my life tab, since the name I got is perfect for crafting and signatures. I feel bad for most folks though. The only people who really benefited from this positively were the ones who wanted a new name altogether like me, or those who were able to get their OG names they wanted to keep.

Anyone who took advantage of this to be a jerk will hopefully have some sort of punishment taken against them that was somewhat implied regarding this name change fiasco. And just ignore the lonely Alexina people, they're just bitter that they're the unloved lonely child of the servers now. You can argue that things are much easier to get to or farm these days that are limited, but there's only so much of the game you can enjoy alone. Stay bitter and go troll elsewhere.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited June 26, 2019
    Ok we really need to knock it off with the stabs towards Alexina. They did it to us, but that doesn't mean we have to return that kind of behavior. Lets be the better server about this.
    DANIartsSherri
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Still curious about later when they merge the server again...how that will pan out.

I kept one of my characters names. The rest I left to those who still want it til next week. Hope everyone else who hasn't posted they're having problems, figures it out or gets it resolved soon. Best of luck all.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 26, 2019
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Still curious about later when they merge the server again...how that will pan out.

I kept one of my characters names. The rest I left to those who still want it til next week. Hope everyone else who hasn't posted they're having problems, figures it out or gets it resolved soon. Best of luck all.

Alexinians are really hanging on that hope. They really need to understand and comprehend everything that went down and what will never happen again...the game will shut down before what they want happens. The balance has indeed shifted. But the thing is for server stability what they are asking can never happen.

We are NEVER ever going to have to scramble for names again. The game will shut down before then. It's time to accept that fact.
    Sherri
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    We all knew losing names was a consequence of the server merge. “But it wasn’t supposed to happen to ME” is naive thinking. Name “stealing” is inevitable whether it happens legitimately or maliciously. You all whined and begged for a server merge for years, so accept the consequences and be grateful that you got what you wanted; you’re now on a lively server with your original character(s), and Mabi is still alive in the first place. There are millions of other names to choose from, it’s such a FWP. This endless whining is getting old.

If they do plan on merging Alexina, I hope they do it asap so we can get this whole “name stealing” drama thing over with. The merge was necessary for the overall preservation of players, losing your original name is a small sacrifice.
    KagaDANIartsSherriNishiki
  • ChurrmanderChurrmander
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Got the "you have items that don't exist in your cash shop" bug on all three of the characters I cared about the names of despite not having bought anything since the anniversary equipment bag was out (which I obviously didn't leave there), went through the ticket process for them so hopefully that turns out well. On the bright side, my sister tells me hers went through without issue.

PS. Y'all gotta stop bullying Gaea so much and derailing every thread on the forum it's unsightly and she din du nuffin (cept spook my gf joining her party); If the beef is so heated challenge her to a sanctioned MMA match to solve legally it in the cage and keep it off the forum please.

'items that don't exist'

What the heck does that even mean, Nexon? xD

I hope your issue gets resolved.
    Sherri
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Lokitin wrote: »
    We all knew losing names was a consequence of the server merge. “But it wasn’t supposed to happen to ME” is naive thinking. Name “stealing” is inevitable whether it happens legitimately or maliciously. You all whined and begged for a server merge for years, so accept the consequences and be grateful that you got what you wanted; you’re now on a lively server with your original character(s), and Mabi is still alive in the first place. There are millions of other names to choose from, it’s such a FWP. This endless whining is getting old.

If they do plan on merging Alexina, I hope they do it asap so we can get this whole “name stealing” drama thing over with. The merge was necessary for the overall preservation of players, losing your original name is a small sacrifice.

I was, and still am, against a server merge entirely, as is/was most of the community. Don't make such a generalization.

And names can have important, irreplaceable value, especially if you've used it for 11 years.
    SaiAlexisEUTreesSherriRadiant Dawn
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395

I was, and still am, against a server merge entirely, as is/was most of the community. Don't make such a generalization.

And names can have important, irreplaceable value, especially if you've used it for 11 years.

Nice hypocrisy. Speaking for "most of the community" yourself. A lot of old players came back for this anticipated server merge, which we needed to happen years ago.
    DANIartsKagaGretaSherriLiberateKitiniShakaya
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060

Obviously there are a lot of players who never had a chance to even express their 2 cents on the server merge at all. However, as I said before, the Nao merge was necessary to preserve the player-base. The majority of merged players have benefited greatly, which was the original reason why a sea of voices asked (and then eventually harassed) Nexon to implement the merge. And now many of those same voices want their cake and to eat it, too. I’m mostly saying that having to pick a new name was inevitable, and anyone who previously begged for the merge shouldn’t be dog-piling Nexon for the inevitable—Nexon simply can’t allow duplicate names (obviously), nor can they prioritize one player over another based on total play-time, level, or creation date...first come first serve is, overall, the most fair and simplistic, since everyone can be equally attached to the name that was legitimately available to them for so long.

Players complain that servers are dead > Players complain their names are ugly after the merge > Players complain the name change option is taking too long to implement > Players complain when the name change option isn’t as sophisticated as they’d like it to be (one that can prioritize players, etc.)

Maybe I’m generalizing with a bunch of separate voices, but surely the amount and the popularity of those complaints stick out. I just feel bad for Nexon who can’t seem to do anything right for a free to play game.

I’ve been playing for over a decade so I do understand how it is to be attached to your name. My first main’s name from Mari surprisingly wasn’t affected by the merge, but if Alexina gets merged, I’m 90% certain I’d have to rename my current main/beloved character...though it’s not hard for me to pick something with the same roots, or vibe, for either of my favorite characters, tbh. It’s a small price to pay to continue playing as those characters at all. If the merge didn’t happen, the dead servers would’ve kept becoming more dead and then you wouldn’t have your name OR your character unless you’re one of the 0.6% of players who are strictly “solonogi”, and don’t rely on the player market for anything. We’d all likely would have completely abandoned our dead server characters in a couple years had the merge not happened.

KensamaofmariGretaDANIartsKagaSherriLiberateRadiant DawnShakaya
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

It is over with. We're not doing it again.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    As "We" who are you refering to? Speak for yourself and not for the whole community, okay?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited June 26, 2019
    Devotion wrote: »

Nice hypocrisy. Speaking for "most of the community" yourself. A lot of old players came back for this anticipated server merge, which we needed to happen years ago.

You're right. That was hypocritical.

So was your response, though.

Obviously there are a lot of players who never had a chance to even express their 2 cents on the server merge at all. However, as I said before, the Nao merge was necessary to preserve the player-base. The majority of merged players have benefited greatly, which was the original reason why a sea of voices asked (and then eventually harassed) Nexon to implement the merge. And now many of those same voices want their cake and to eat it, too. I’m mostly saying that having to pick a new name was inevitable, and anyone who previously begged for the merge shouldn’t be dog-piling Nexon for the inevitable—Nexon simply can’t allow duplicate names (obviously), nor can they prioritize one player over another based on total play-time, level, or creation date...first come first serve is, overall, the most fair and simplistic, since everyone can be equally attached to the name that was legitimately available to them for so long.

Players complain that servers are dead > Players complain their names are ugly after the merge > Players complain the name change option is taking too long to implement > Players complain when the name change option isn’t as sophisticated as they’d like it to be (one that can prioritize players, etc.)

Maybe I’m generalizing with a bunch of separate voices, but surely the amount and the popularity of those complaints stick out. I just feel bad for Nexon who can’t seem to do anything right for a free to play game.

I’ve been playing for over a decade so I do understand how it is to be attached to your name. My first main’s name from Mari surprisingly wasn’t affected by the merge, but if Alexina gets merged, I’m 90% certain I’d have to rename my current main/beloved character...though it’s not hard for me to pick something with the same roots, or vibe, for either of my favorite characters, tbh. It’s a small price to pay to continue playing as those characters at all. If the merge didn’t happen, the dead servers would’ve kept becoming more dead and then you wouldn’t have your name OR your character unless you’re one of the 0.6% of players who are strictly “solonogi”, and don’t rely on the player market for anything. We’d all likely would have completely abandoned our dead server characters in a couple years had the merge not happened.
    In your little string of "This caused this which caused this....", Nexon caused the issue with the +server tag by obviously not putting in enough time testing (doing a live copy of the "new server" before merging the actual servers could've caught some of the problems that have inevitably cropped up.) That, in turn, led to people complaining about the delay in the Name Change feature (something Korea has had for a while). That, in turn, led to people complaining about name stealing.

As for Alexina going through this, that is why I am 100% against another merge.

Unless the people who were affected by the Nao merge also get priority service first (if the merge did happen, the Name Change feature would be unavailable for any characters not affected by the forced server tag), because this issue can only get worse.

And how is it fair for someone who just started to be able to take the name that someone has been using since the beginning? Or, god forbid, someone like Pan trolls people by name-stealing as many names as possible?

The better option would've been Server Transfer; let people who want to move to a different server do so (at a cost), and people who want to stay on their server can.

And the merge didn't benefit the majority. There are some people who are pissed that the market got incredibly messed up, and I can only imagine the crapstorm that would come from Alexina's notoriously-inflated economy from being merged.

And those people who "came back"? Some of the ones that I saw come back from a terribly long hiatus are gone again, because the game is markedly different from what they remember. Which is to be expected, but still. The idea that the merge would "bring people back and give them a reason to stay" doesn't work, because a lot of people probably quit due to something other than population (I remember a lot of Tarlach vets left when GW2 came out). The merge doesn't solve the issue of underpopulation. No new players (new being people that never played the game before) were added on any noticeable scale. All it did was make the game look more active than it actually is.
    Nishiki
  • IboriiIborii
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    edited June 26, 2019
    I made a whole list of alternate names a few weeks prior just in case if anything went wrong; but, I managed to get in on time and got my first choice. Now I'm just waiting for the end of Thursday's maintenance to log in and start on G23. Maybe pop in a music scroll on the bard board if people haven't posted my mmls from musical nexus.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 26, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    As "We" who are you refering to? Speak for yourself and not for the whole community, okay?

I know you're angry about this but it's pretty safe to assume that after EVERYTHING that went down recently that THEY are not going to be doing this again. It's also pretty safe to assume there will be a riot if we have to scramble for names again.

...Now to clarify for the trigger happy mods around here, I'm not saying I would incite a riot but it's PRETTY SAFE TO ASSUME that rest of the community would be pissed.

Yeah things could of been done differently but whats done is done. They are not going back. They are moving forward. There has been enough drama and they are not going to create more drama.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Of the two characters I had that needed changing, yes I think I got them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

We will see, we have yet to see how this is going to pan out during maintenance.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    All we can do is wait.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaea wrote: »

We will see, we have yet to see how this is going to pan out during maintenance.

We will find out in about 15-16 hours
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Iborii wrote: »
    I made a whole list of alternate names a few weeks prior just in case if anything went wrong; but, I managed to get in on time and got my first choice. Now I'm just waiting for the end of Thursday's maintenance to log in and start on G23. Maybe pop in a music scroll on the bard board if people haven't posted my mmls from musical nexus.

I kind of wanna redo part 1, just so the NPCs call me by my correct name.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Iborii wrote: »

I kind of wanna redo part 1, just so the NPCs call me by my correct name.

I know right? That was a little irking seeing Gaea+Ruairi whenever an NPC addressed me. :(
    PlatinaKoki