Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did you all manage to get your desired names?

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    You can't hide even with your new name.
    Greta
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Devotion wrote: »
    Lokitin wrote: »
    We all knew losing names was a consequence of the server merge. “But it wasn’t supposed to happen to ME” is naive thinking. Name “stealing” is inevitable whether it happens legitimately or maliciously. You all whined and begged for a server merge for years, so accept the consequences and be grateful that you got what you wanted; you’re now on a lively server with your original character(s), and Mabi is still alive in the first place. There are millions of other names to choose from, it’s such a FWP. This endless whining is getting old.

If they do plan on merging Alexina, I hope they do it asap so we can get this whole “name stealing” drama thing over with. The merge was necessary for the overall preservation of players, losing your original name is a small sacrifice.

I was, and still am, against a server merge entirely, as is/was most of the community. Don't make such a generalization.

And names can have important, irreplaceable value, especially if you've used it for 11 years.

Nice hypocrisy. Speaking for "most of the community" yourself. A lot of old players came back for this anticipated server merge, which we needed to happen years ago.

You're right. That was hypocritical.

So was your response, though.

I think you're confused. I'm not against generalizations, my point was that you made a generalization and then immediately said not to make them.
    Which is... hypocritical.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We all knew losing names was a consequence of the server merge. “But it wasn’t supposed to happen to ME” is naive thinking. Name “stealing” is inevitable whether it happens legitimately or maliciously. You all whined and begged for a server merge for years, so accept the consequences and be grateful that you got what you wanted; you’re now on a lively server with your original character(s), and Mabi is still alive in the first place. There are millions of other names to choose from, it’s such a FWP. This endless whining is getting old.

If they do plan on merging Alexina, I hope they do it asap so we can get this whole “name stealing” drama thing over with. The merge was necessary for the overall preservation of players, losing your original name is a small sacrifice.

I was, and still am, against a server merge entirely, as is/was most of the community. Don't make such a generalization.

And names can have important, irreplaceable value, especially if you've used it for 11 years.

Nice hypocrisy. Speaking for "most of the community" yourself. A lot of old players came back for this anticipated server merge, which we needed to happen years ago.

I think you're confused. I'm not against generalizations, my point was that you made a generalization and then immediately said not to make them.

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Gaea wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    As "We" who are you refering to? Speak for yourself and not for the whole community, okay?

I know you're angry about this but it's pretty safe to assume that after EVERYTHING that went down recently that THEY are not going to be doing this again. It's also pretty safe to assume there will be a riot if we have to scramble for names again.

...Now to clarify for the trigger happy mods around here, I'm not saying I would incite a riot but it's PRETTY SAFE TO ASSUME that rest of the community would be pissed.

Yeah things could of been done differently but whats done is done. They are not going back. They are moving forward. There has been enough drama and they are not going to create more drama.

Of course they will merge Alexina in. Why were the servers merged in the first place? Because folks on the forums complained? Hardly. They merged them because they had to; those servers were dying. This whole name business has been a mess, and they knew it would be which is why they took so long to decide to do the merge, but they had to do it and do it now. Look at the results: Nao has 2.5 times the population of Alexina; that means, on average, each of the three servers are contributing 83% the population of Alexina each. Before the merge Mari was about 65% the population of Alexina. Folks moving from Alexina doesn't come close to explaining those numbers; it's people coming back to the game because they're on a vibrant server now. The merge worked! Why wouldn't they want the same for their customers on Alexina? The name solutions now, are a short term bandaid. They want to have a better solution in the future, that won't have these problems, and would prefer to have one before merging Alexina. If the circumstances that forced them to act on June 3 happen to Alexina before they are ready, then they will act again.

Bottom line: compare the number of folks who had unhappy naming issues versus the number of those who didn't plus all the one that came back because of the merge AND all the ones from Alexina that will come back too. If Nexon faces a zero-sum situation, damned if they do/damned if they don't, they might as well pick the dragon that not only gives them more happy clients but gives them more clients overall.

Alexina will be merged in; it's inevitable.
    SherriGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah well see you guys in a few years.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Maybe even sooner. Hopefully, by then, they will have fixed things so you can call yourself Gaea again; sorry to hear about that BTW.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 27, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

Maybe even sooner. Hopefully, by then, they will have fixed things so you can call yourself Gaea again; sorry to hear about that BTW.

Oh no I'm fine. I got the name I wanted in the first place when I originally started this game 11 years ago. I was going to lock the name Gaea away on a alt but I wasn't quick enough I guess. I just feel sorry for the player that is going to be cursed with that name, that name comes with a rep. So I actually do hope someone malicious thought they were being crafty by "stealing" that name that I was just going to lock away anyway. lol.

So yeah I am content and I don't want another name change. Thanks.

(To the potential malicious thief, if you try to impersonate me to cause chaos or grief within the game or community I will reference this comment and other comments indicating that I no longer own the name Gaea. You may potentially get that character banned along with other related characters AND accounts of yours. Which honestly will grant what I want anyway; to seal that name away.
    Use it to cause mischief and get banned, I win. Don't use it, I still win. Have a nice day).
    LeineiDANIarts
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I got my name back.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Still a fallacy on your end, too.
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Majority of the community loves bees because I said so
    SaiAlexisEUGreta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Both me and my husband got out names we wanted.
    Spareoh
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    You can check the web shop now to see all the changed names. Have fun everyone~
    PlatinaKoki
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Guild page also
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    My wife and I managed to get back all of our character names that were +'d (I had 4 characters, and she had 9)!

03a.jpg
    DanievictriaKensamaofmariNishikiSpareohCrimsọnSherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 27, 2019
    I got all my names back except 2. The whole cash shop error held me back far too long.

RIP Berserker, and Ukyo.

Got a name back that the page kept showing errors on. Weird. Happy about that!
    DANIartsKensamaofmari
  • IboriiIborii
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    I got my names; time to bust out G23.
  • WintermysticWintermystic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    edited June 27, 2019
    Lucky to all those who got their names. I have a sealbreaker so I can't ever change mine, and am permanently stuck with +Tarlach, and no amount of pleading with nexon support will change that. Going to find something else to play. Nexon can shove their broken, outdated code where the sun doesn't shine.
    PlatinaKokiCrimsọnSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There are tradeoffs to everything.
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

Where at in the web shop? Is it a glitch?

I got to keep two of my names and had to change one because it was "already taken" but I'm not really upset because I knew it was a first come-first serve basis, and I'm just glad the +server tag is gone

But I'm still afraid to go onto my highest level characters until the name change is available for the rest of the players. Her name didn't have a +server on it and it's the only one I NEED to change desperately because the whole reason I left Ruairi and started over on Mari is because I was being stalked and harassed. They already found one of my alts on the Nao server because I was stupid enough to choose a similar name. But if people can just look up what we change our names to, I guess there's no point in buying a name change coupon in the future?

RIP Flarreon.. I just really hope that I lost that name to an honest and active player,and not the asshats harassing me that thought it'd be funny to impersonate me or something. I mean it's not even the correct spelling for Flareon, come on I had hope

And now I feel bad about the alternative name that I was forced to pick.... they said it was "available" but now does that mean that NO ONE had it, or that I randomly stole someone elses name before they had a chance to get on? We'll never know.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Spareoh wrote: »
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »

Where at in the web shop? Is it a glitch?

I got to keep two of my names and had to change one because it was "already taken" but I'm not really upset because I knew it was a first come-first serve basis, and I'm just glad the +server tag is gone

But I'm still afraid to go onto my highest level characters until the name change is available for the rest of the players. Her name didn't have a +server on it and it's the only one I NEED to change desperately because the whole reason I left Ruairi and started over on Mari is because I was being stalked and harassed. They already found one of my alts on the Nao server because I was stupid enough to choose a similar name. But if people can just look up what we change our names to, I guess there's no point in buying a name change coupon in the future?

RIP Flarreon.. I just really hope that I lost that name to an honest and active player,and not the asshats harassing me that thought it'd be funny to impersonate me or something. I mean it's not even the correct spelling for Flareon, come on I had hope

And now I feel bad about the alternative name that I was forced to pick.... they said it was "available" but now does that mean that NO ONE had it, or that I randomly stole someone elses name before they had a chance to get on? We'll never know.

I'm sorry you got harassed, nobody deserves to be harassed...
    Have you tried taking screencaps of the harassment encounters and sending it in a ticket?
    People who harass others are just low-lives and don't deserve respect.
    But I'm glad you got to keep some of your names.
    Sherri