Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cooking Dungeon Rework

CiriCiri
Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
in Feedback and Suggestions
Can you just rework the cooking dungeon?
The ingredients aren't hard BUT it is a tad bit annoying with Glewyas ruining formations and sometimes he kills the rats the in the pot.
If we can't kick him out, at least make it that grinding kitchen dungeons less of a pain, especially after uncapping cooking.

130 - Delivery list 1
120 - Deliver list 2
110 - Delivery list 3
in order to purchase all the books in Glewyas in his secret shop; even though they are tradeable, there's barely a handful of people grinding it just because of how tediously annoying it is.

Or just remove this npc Gordon Ramsey joining us in kitchen dungeons.
THICCthighssavelivesKensamaofmariYangKoeteSherri

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Add more cooking dungeons to other towns and have the grocer/cheft from each town join you, each one with their own fighting style. Glenis uses puppets, Tir Chonaill girl uses holy arts, and the emain chef uses ninja.
    CiriKensamaofmariYangKoeteSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Glewyas is probably the root of all cooking dungeon troubles.
    CiriTHICCthighssavelivesSherri
  • CiriCiri
    I understand he doesn't want to lose his job but I do feel like he just purposely kills rats or splash the ingredients away from the pot ...
    Kensamaofmari
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Technically you don't have to do the cooking dungeon if you know how to stack count multipliers; that is to say there's enough skill exp to level every level without the books (or, should you prefer it, only the book).

Just get to level 200 with cooking talent and then use all of the cooking method skill experience points to get enough to level up the skill. No cooking dungeon required.

Alternatively, or concurrently, you can use the 2x cooking count experience that homesteads have. Personally I used the 2x bonus and was at like level 170ish. Skill boosts work too, so if you say had 4x count and 4x skill boost you'd be able to cook 10 or so dishes and be done with a whole rank of cooking.
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Technically you don't have to do the cooking dungeon if you know how to stack count multipliers; that is to say there's enough skill exp to level every level without the books (or, should you prefer it, only the book).

Just get to level 200 with cooking talent and then use all of the cooking method skill experience points to get enough to level up the skill. No cooking dungeon required.

Alternatively, or concurrently, you can use the 2x cooking count experience that homesteads have. Personally I used the 2x bonus and was at like level 170ish. Skill boosts work too, so if you say had 4x count and 4x skill boost you'd be able to cook 10 or so dishes and be done with a whole rank of cooking.

I guess it comes down to which chore is the less tedious.
  • CiriCiri

About half of all the training requisites for cooking requires the books. The total for doing the others with x10 atm are capped at 50-60% , assuming not using ap to train and seals (since I'm saving them for magic craft & hillwen engineering)..
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Ciri wrote: »
    About half of all the training requisites for cooking requires the books. The total for doing the others with x10 atm are capped at 50-60% , assuming not using ap to train and seals (since I'm saving them for magic craft & hillwen engineering)..

No, you're not getting it. Level 200 doubles your training bonus without using up the counts, so doing 50/100 at lv200 will give you the 100 exp required to rank up the skill. You don't need any books at all.
    Eralea wrote: »
    Ciri wrote: »

No, you're not getting it. Level 200 doubles your training bonus without using up the counts, so doing 50/100 at lv200 will give you the 100 exp required to rank up the skill. You don't need any books at all.

Of course the challenge is to get to level 200, which may be difficult for some people to get there especially if they've already completed Blaanid's book.
    edited June 27, 2019
    You don't need to get to level 200.

Level 100: 1.5x
    Homestead Research: 1.5x
    Reforged cooking tool: 1.2x
    Combined total: 2.7x skill experience per count

But not everyone has a reforged cooking tool, or may not invest in one.
    And not everyone would want to lease the homestead house for the research.

Wait, so level 100 and homestead is either/or?
  • CiriCiri
    I capped my cooking for r8 ages ago before they uncapped it that's why I'm desperate for the book.
    Kensamaofmari

You just need one cooking tool with cooking exp level 2 reforge on it. you can do it with the reforge tools from the general store that cost 5k each and the ladle tool that costs less than 1k. It shouldn't take too many tries, maybe 10 to 25 tries.
    No, 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.2 = 2.7
  • MegasoulMegasoul

You just need to get your count skill experience to 2x, since cooking's cooked item exp is 50/100 points (50x2=100). I personally did was around level 170 and used the Homestead Research. The above example that uses the Reforge is actually overkill, since you could do it without it in the above example.

The real issue for me with the cooking dungeon wasn't difficulty but rather time.

You need 110 gold seals to buy all of the books. The most gold seals you can get is 4 seals for a cook time of 20 minutes.

(110/4)*20 = 550 minutes of doing the Royal Caviar Canape dungeon at no less than 90.1% perfection, or a little over 9 hours of the Kitchen dungeon for 1/3 of the seals.

The alternative of Homestead Housing's gold requirements and the time needed to run Baltane until I was level 150 was well worth being able to complete most of Cooking by just making plain yogurts.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think you have to do the Kitchen Dungeon once, for one of the G's; I forget. Other than that, I've never done it. I saw to rank cooking I'd need to do it about 110 times, and thought: "Oh, Hell no". So, I used training seals to get around that. It's a good thing adventure seals can be traded through the bank. So, I suppose anything that makes it suck less is probably a good thing.

You just need one cooking tool with cooking exp level 2 reforge on it. you can do it with the reforge tools from the general store that cost 5k each and the ladle tool that costs less than 1k. It shouldn't take too many tries, maybe 10 to 25 tries.
    No, 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.2 = 2.7

Oh, multiply, derp me.
    Helsa wrote: »
    I think you have to do the Kitchen Dungeon once, for one of the G's; I forget. Other than that, I've never done it. I saw to rank cooking I'd need to do it about 110 times, and thought: "Oh, Hell no". So, I used training seals to get around that. It's a good thing adventure seals can be traded through the bank. So, I suppose anything that makes it suck less is probably a good thing.

Yea, G10 you have to do it.
  • MegasoulMegasoul

If I remember that one correctly, no rats spawn. You can also keep the Hotcakes of Love from it as if it were a regular Cooking Dungeon food, if you make extra.

If I remember that one correctly, no rats spawn. You can also keep the Hotcakes of Love from it as if it were a regular Cooking Dungeon food, if you make extra.

Yea you can turn it in for delivery list, or keep and eat it.