Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So about those custom avatars we were told about..

JulieJulie
Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
in Town Square
in the beginning we were told this was going to be a thing, i guess its time to give up on it now.
Sherri

Comments

• JochiraEUJochiraEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    It's the current trend for online game companies
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've gave up on having custom forum avatars long ago.. ironically though, way back when we did have custom forum avatars, I used Fleta for my profile pic lol
    Still wish we could use custom pics though :l
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 30, 2019
    Yup... They lied and i'm not surprised anymore. I'm still mostly pissed off by this crap they did with leaving Alexina out of server merge and literally did a claim before saying these two servers will have similar population. How dumb they think we are? Or maybe they are the dumb ones?
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »
    Yup... They lied and i'm not surprised anymore. I'm still mostly pissed off by this crap they did with leaving Alexina out of server merge and literally did a claim before saying these two servers will have similar population. How dumb they think we are? Or maybe they are the dumb ones?

My guess is that they really did think the servers would have similarish populations. But I think the server merge was way more successful than even they expected, because the population difference can't be explained just by Alexinans jumping ship.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

My guess is that they really did think the servers would have similarish populations. But I think the server merge was way more successful than even they expected, because the population difference can't be explained just by Alexinans jumping ship.

Also the incentives of being on a combined server, starting fresh.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 1, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

It was a common sense to assume that there will be a lot of returned players because if you really give just a little attention to players you could see that many of them left or were thinking of leaving Mabinogi purely because the servers were "dead". Since Nexon fixed the problem of servers being "dead", many players jumped in to play Mabinogi again. It's not just hype, i hate when people made such excuse because it's not that. It's sad that Nexon did not realize that even though there were a lot of signs. Now Alexina is left for doom.

Same goes with Custom Forum Avatars. I bet these would bring back life to these forums as well.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 2, 2019
    Same goes with Custom Forum Avatars. I bet these would bring back life to these forums as well.

Won't happen. People left and the forums died because of how strict the mods became.
    We became the 'no fun allowed' zone. That and discord added a few nails in the coffin.
    Kerowyn
    Sai wrote: »

Won't happen. People left and the forums died because of how strict the mods became.
    We became the 'no fun allowed' zone. That and discord added a few nails in the coffin.

Even last post win is looking more like next post wins.
  • GretaGreta
    Sai wrote: »

Even last post win is looking more like next post wins.

Lol. Sad indeed.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 2, 2019
    Have to admit, having by butler flairs back would definitely increase my presence. Old forums were a heck ton of fun because of avatars and titles. Also made everyone a lot more identifiable. Now it's Nao #241 or Cichol #422 with an occasional Fleta.
    KensamaofmariGretaSherriImaizumiDarkpixie99KerowynWolfsingerKitini
  • GretaGreta
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Have to admit, having by butler flairs back would definitely increase my presence. Old forums were a heck ton of fun because of avatars and titles. Also made everyone a lot more identifiable. Now it's Nao #241 or Cichol #422 with an occasional Fleta.

True. I can't even look at some NPC's avatars in the game anymore. Forums are ruining it for me lol.

True. I can't even look at some NPC's avatars in the game anymore. Forums are ruining it for me lol.

223px-Ferghus.png
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    I'd personally just like to have Aodhan has an avatar. Dude doesn't get enough love these days with all the new, "hotter" characters they've introduced.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 3, 2019
    Spareoh wrote: »
    I'd personally just like to have Aodhan has an avatar. Dude doesn't get enough love these days with all the new, "hotter" characters they've introduced.

Yeah, if we can't have personal avatars, at least add more kinds of avatars we can use. :(

(Also, Aodhan has one of the best NPC themes imo)
    SaiSpareoh
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660

To be fair, it's easier on the Vmods now.
    Although we could still use KR's forum IGN Main Character Avatar update. I'm pretty sure it uses the same or a similar system to the main site's guild page.
    SaiSebastian
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

To be fair, it's easier on the Vmods now.
    Although we could still use KR's forum IGN Main Character Avatar update. I'm pretty sure it uses the same or a similar system to the main site's guild page.

I would prefer that way more than what we have. I don't see why we don't.
    Darkpixie99