Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Suggestion: Minimap Improvement?

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hey there! So I was traveling around the good ol' Ant Hell/Connous Underground and stumbled upon a treasure room.
I know they're probably not worth it anymore but I still wanted to try my luck so I left and hunted some baddies.
Then I lost where it was cuz' I'm an idiot :D

My idea is just that maybe we could have some sort of system where we could place markers on the map? So we know where is what.
Of course it would be up to Nexon if they stayed there if we returned to the specific area or not, how it'll actually work, etc. to prevent 'cheating' or whatnot.
This is just one idea out of many that could improve the minimap though.
I can't think of anymore though.. maybe others can comment on some more features on the thread? o:
Thanks for reading!

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Nao (Formerly Mari)
KensamaofmariDanievictriaTHICCthighssavelives

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Well one of the challenges of being in a maze is to be able to locate where yourself is.
    I'm not too sure if having markers will actually be beneficial because it defeats the purpose and challenge of a maze.

However, that said I think having a marker of some sort would be helpful for those adventuring.
    I suggest an action be added, which allows you to either to make a mark on the ground or a cave wall, etc. which would function like how arat berries used to be. It would mark that location for a time period before fading away. Maybe for about 15 minutes before it fades away?
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sherri wrote: »
    Hey there! So I was traveling around the good ol' Ant Hell/Connous Underground and stumbled upon a treasure room.
    I know they're probably not worth it anymore but I still wanted to try my luck so I left and hunted some baddies.
    Then I lost where it was cuz' I'm an idiot :D

My idea is just that maybe we could have some sort of system where we could place markers on the map? So we know where is what.
    Of course it would be up to Nexon if they stayed there if we returned to the specific area or not, how it'll actually work, etc. to prevent 'cheating' or whatnot.
    This is just one idea out of many that could improve the minimap though.
    I can't think of anymore though.. maybe others can comment on some more features on the thread? o:
    Thanks for reading!

IGN: Mizuli
    Server: Nao (Formerly Mari)

Why not; my dad tells me that the original Doom had them. Until then, take a screen shot, put it in MS Paint and draw a big red circle around the spot.
    Kensamaofmari
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Map markers would be a great idea! Hollow Knight has map markers you can obtain to remind yourself where things like recovery spots, NPC shops, and fast travel stations are, and because they're optional it takes nothing away from those who like to play a metroidvania without aids like that. Maybe give us an ability that we can easily learn from an NPC or an easy optional quest really early in the game that lets us add little flags on the map that last for the duration of a play session and disappear when we log out of that character. Or, better yet, just let us make permanent marks on our own personal maps and add notes for them or erase them as needed, like if we had a real, physical map that we're exploring with. That would really add to the immersion and sense of adventure when roaming around exploring and treasure hunting!
    SherriKensamaofmari
    Map markers would be a great idea! Hollow Knight has map markers you can obtain to remind yourself where things like recovery spots, NPC shops, and fast travel stations are, and because they're optional it takes nothing away from those who like to play a metroidvania without aids like that. Maybe give us an ability that we can easily learn from an NPC or an easy optional quest really early in the game that lets us add little flags on the map that last for the duration of a play session and disappear when we log out of that character. Or, better yet, just let us make permanent marks on our own personal maps and add notes for them or erase them as needed, like if we had a real, physical map that we're exploring with. That would really add to the immersion and sense of adventure when roaming around exploring and treasure hunting!

This is a nice idea also.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Drop items to mark your way. Which items would work best though?
    Drop items to mark your way. Which items would work best though?

Expired expensive items
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Or let us use landmarks for navigation (via sketching).
    KensamaofmariSherriTHICCthighssavelives
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Or let us use landmarks for navigation (via sketching).

Sketch the landscape and use it as notes to retrace your steps?
    Sherri
  • Michael_MindMichael_Mind
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    It's 2023 and I want to set markers on my map too.
  • Michael_MindMichael_Mind
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    It's 2023, I want to set markers on the minimap too.