Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Unscheduled Maintenance - July 3rd

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I've been around long enough to know that the universe is not merely matter and energy interacting in space time, governed by the laws of Chemistry and Physics. It is a living mind. And though it yet be about 14 Billion years old it is nothing more than Virulent and Perverse child whose only joy in existence is specifically making ME less than happy. In other words, those servers are never going to go back up unless specifically I give up and go to bed. And so I will bare that cross for you my children. Happy Independence Day and, as we say in Canada, "Bon Nuit!"
    SherriAraeKensamaofmariRE_ValentineRadiant Dawn
  • NonixelNonixel
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited July 3, 2019
    Unfortunate, but I can't say I'm surprised. I mean, bugs are virtually inevitable in video-games—big or small. Is there anything circling around about when we can expect to start playing again? Dunno how long this kinda thing usually takes.
  • KaidiskaKaidiska
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    a x10 ap event would be great with the ace cards 8D ~
    SugarcoDanievictria
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    It's still going on?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I hate to say it but demanding stuff while they're working to fix something is just being spoiled.
    Ignoring constructive criticism that people have been saying for years makes you sound like you dont care where the game is going with companies that can not only optimize your code but take all the core game and place it on a new game engine with very little work as in completely automated as in a remake for a new server with all the old game just better optimized for us players who want it as it would cost them practically nothing in the sense of company like this and what they spend on 5 item gotchapons or release the mobile game on pc it copys the game based on what this program sees inside this game from hud to ai to the mechanics textures and world with it overall easier to start fresh from there

From what I read here, there is very little feedback that qualifies as constructive criticism that would actually improve the game. I see mostly attacks and insults and then the demand for compensation. A repetitive pattern nonstop.
    Sherriwoma494
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    It's been almost 10 hours of me refreshing this thread to see if there's news of it being over and I'm giving up and going to sleep.

Good night and happy July 4th everyone <3
    woma494
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    I hate to say it but demanding stuff while they're working to fix something is just being spoiled.

their still around? i thought they went home
  • KayanaKayana
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    At this point it might be safe to assume that they aren't being 100% honest with us and also went home, taking 4th of July off. That's what it's starting to feel like anyways. Let's hope not '_'
    InJectTheFluxPoison
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited July 3, 2019
    It's 8:30pm here in California, and they're supposedly a corporation so yeah everyone went home for the day. They may try to claim otherwise and maybe someone is put on duty for the night but anyone who can fix it is probably at home getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July tomorrow.

The people who can fix it are currently in Korea.
    InJectTheFluxPoison
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 3, 2019
    Now they are shutting down the game.
    PlatinaKoki
  • KenukiKenuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    False, this is propaganda at it's finest.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Inb4 rollback where we go back to the +Server names. :^)
    SherriThor675
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 3, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »
    Inb4 rollback where we go back to the +Server names. :^)

That thought crossed my mind, I mean what if the name changes are somehow causing the despawns? :D

Helsa wrote: »
    I hope we are compensated for:
    1) Lost premium/VIP time
    2) Lost style tab time
    3) Lost extra weapons slot time
    4) Lost homestead mining permit time
    5) any other such things that I can't think of at the moment. (Help me out here folks)

Don't hold your breath.
  • Juju_BeanJuju_Bean
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Oh good lord, STILL???? QQ okay welp I played a less exciting game hoping it would be over... but I guess they all took off. :/ so we wont get the game back til Monday???
  • JoyjasonJoyjason
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    edited July 3, 2019
    I doubt that name changes are the cause of the problem since it's been a feature for about a week IIRC + a feature that KR Mabinogi had for years + there's really no plausible correlation with player names and monster despawns.

I'm not that upset about an extended maintenance, but I really do wish the Community Managers or GMs be a bit more transparent with the issue in terms of what they THINK the problem is and what they're doing to resolve it. At least give us some Updates (even if there is none! Just say "Hey guys! Sorry for the wait but we still don't have any new updates for you yet") instead of just a "Maintenance until further notice" which just sounds irresponsible.

Which does make me curious how this theory of "they're bringing someone from Nexon Korea to fix this issue" arose. Is this just a speculation or something they revealed?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Kenuki wrote: »

You need to take few lessons about sarcasm.
    TheDumbOneThor675Radiant Dawn
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Juju_Bean wrote: »
    Oh good lord, STILL???? QQ okay welp I played a less exciting game hoping it would be over... but I guess they all took off. :/ so we wont get the game back til Monday???

oh man... thats a tight situation, either they work tomorrow and get holiday pay, or this doesn't get resolved till monday...
  • lolpopperlolpopper
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    edited July 4, 2019
    FIX The MailBox And Bank Glitch Where you get auto kick out when you try to open them*
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Juju_Bean wrote: »

If the latter is correct then maybe we would get the KR-Only title 'Knows How to Wait' after all haha :D
  • KenukiKenuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    Greta wrote: »
    Kenuki wrote: »

You need to take few lessons about sarcasm.

*sniff* *sniff* Smells like more propaganda to me.