Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The tank title

Donk3yDonk3y
Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
in Help
So I'm posting this for one friends:
So i have been trying to get the tank title for past 2 weeks and i couldn't get it. I've also asked in discord and tried everything i've been told and nothing worked.
So far what i've tried was: getting hit by splash, windmill, aoe magic, stomp, attacking a mob while it attacked someone else(mob hits me) and none of that worked for me.
Tried it in shadow missions(lancer splash), tried it in barri dg with ogers, ciar golem.
My friend also specifically rebirthed into a mage and was charging a skill and that didn't help either.

So what am i missing? What am i suppose to do to get the tank title?
It's the last thing i need for event tech quest and i do really really want to get vital surge, since it's a really good skill.

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Is your friend being knocked unconscious by the attack?

Part of the requirement is that the attack has to knock you out.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    The title is earned by being KO'd by an attack which was targeting a party member. This includes pets (IF you're in a party).

I've found it easiest to use divine link against the boss of Sidhe. Let it launch explosions at your pet, and die from one of them. Make sure it's aggroing the pet and not you.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    We did that, so I was targeted by the monster, and the monster killed my friend (while still targeting me).
  • RaigekonRaigekon
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited June 24, 2019
    Sadly Sidhe didn't work either. I was in a party and my pet was targeted by the boss and i died and i still didn't get the title. At this point i feel like it might actually be bugged on my side.
  • RaigekonRaigekon
    edited June 29, 2019
    So after more testing literally nothing works. Tried it with the new taunt and also didn't work.

Here is a video that kinda represents my trials, but i couldn't get a better recording.

Sadly the video trying to use new taunt didn't work out.

So again what am i doing wrong?

Edit: Decided to post the bugged out video anyway.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 29, 2019
    You need to get killed by the enemy who was targeting your party member.

I literally got it few years ago by doing Tara Shadow Mission. Shadow Fighter was targeting my husband with Smash (i think?) and i just rushed in to attack him and got killed by the splash damage. And bam, here it was: The Tank title.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Greta wrote: »

I literally got it few years ago by doing Tara Shadow Mission. Shadow Fighter was targeting my husband with Smash (i think?) and i just rushed in to attack him and got killed by the splash damage. And bam, here it was: The Tank title.

Watch the video...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 29, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »

Watch the video...

I'm pretty sure the boss switched aggro just before knocking him out... But i can't tell because his video lagged exactly at that part so RIP.
    P.S: Thanks for telling me to watch this video by the way. Time to flag this post for profanity in the video lol.
  • XafnirXafnir
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    The boss didn't switch aggro as once i used Tenacious Taunt and it still didn't work
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    edited June 29, 2019
    Yea but I was with him, we tried it literally over 50 times.
    Also with the taunt skill, it's impossible for the boss to switch aggro.
    P.S: Thanks for telling me to watch this video by the way. Time to flag this post for profanity in the video lol.

Wow you don't have any friends, do you? =))))
  • RaigekonRaigekon
    Donk3y wrote: »

Watch the video...

I'm pretty sure the boss switched aggro just before knocking him out... But i can't tell because his video lagged exactly at that part so RIP.

There the video is fixed.
    Also like many before me has said, i tried it, probably died over 100 times when someone else was targeted. If you would have read the 1st post, you'd actually know that.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Xafnir wrote: »
    The boss didn't switch aggro as once i used Tenacious Taunt and it still didn't work

The two exclamation marks above the boss indicate that, yes, the boss recognized you. In both of the videos the boss has aggro on you before you die. You have to make sure the boss never notices you before death.

I would stay away from taunt/tenacious taunt as a whole in trying to get the tank title, because the way that they interact with monster aggro can be very unpredictable. I'd also be careful of being in Deadly status before you die, because that similarly can act weird when combined with knock-outs.

I'm not sure that Girg would work for this title, but I'd imagine getting hit with his swing would be a lot easier, especially because Girg doesn't seem to aggro onto everyone. Alternatively Giant Sandworms or other strong field bosses might be a good bet.
    Greta
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Xafnir wrote: »

The two exclamation marks above the boss indicate that, yes, the boss recognized you. In both of the videos the boss has aggro on you before you die. You have to make sure the boss never notices you before death.

I would stay away from taunt/tenacious taunt as a whole in trying to get the tank title, because the way that they interact with monster aggro can be very unpredictable. I'd also be careful of being in Deadly status before you die, because that similarly can act weird when combined with knock-outs.

I'm not sure that Girg would work for this title, but I'd imagine getting hit with his swing would be a lot easier, especially because Girg doesn't seem to aggro onto everyone. Alternatively Giant Sandworms or other strong field bosses might be a good bet.

Thanks for the actually helpful input :D

Shouldn't Crisis Escape basically do just that? Usually when I use crisis escape, after I get out of it, the mobs get the exclamation marks again (so their state of noticing you should disappear).
    Because he used crisis a few times to get rid of the aggro as well, and still didn't work.

As for the no deadly tip, he was usually in deadly only the first time, after which he had 5 hp (iirc) because of phoenix feather res. The videos only show a couple of tries, but we've been at it for a loooooooong time xD

Thing is, I can't remember how I got it, because I got it like 6 years ago :/
  • RaigekonRaigekon
    edited June 30, 2019
    Still unable to obtain the title.

Video will be done processing soon

Edit: This is becoming extremely frustrating, not just for me but for ppl helping me, cus it just doesn't work no matter what we do.
  • KimasyKimasy
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    I went to Korean Mabi wiki, they said you have to be in '4 person party' which is why I don't have one yet too. haha...
    Donk3y
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Kimasy wrote: »
    I went to Korean Mabi wiki, they said you have to be in '4 person party' which is why I don't have one yet too. haha...

Wow that's actually something we haven't tried yet :D
    Thanks a lot! We'll try it and tell you how it went
  • RaigekonRaigekon
    edited July 2, 2019
    Tried it with 4 ppl, didn't get the title. Tho with 4 ppl i didn't have as many tries.

On the other hand i did get a reply from support that it might be a bug and they are looking into it. I do however know it's not completely bugged, since ppl did get it in past few days and i tried replicating what they did and it didn't work.
  • TzincheTzinche
    Well, i can't get this title too. I tried many times, but nothing seems to work. Probably, this is still a bug, because I did everything as told in the wiki. Yesterday i even tried get this title in 4 person party, but we just killed our time with no result.
  • KimasyKimasy
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    edited July 3, 2019
    So, 4 ppl party is a known method by Korean players, but Korean Mabi Team confirmed that the title can only be obtained when you are in at least 3 ppl party.

They updated that info when G22 came out so I'm sure that's reliable information. Attach the link here:https://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/intro/guide_view.asp?id=4886966

Also, make sure you die from 1:1 skill such as a counter, avoid windmill or any other range skills.

To save your time, without having to find a strong monster, I would just have a battle with a friend to lower HP near to deadly, then just get killed by a wolf or something.

I haven't gotten the title yet, so I would gladly try with you if you are in Alexina. ^q^
    Donk3y
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Yea we're on Alexina, thanks for the tips!

So we did try instinctive reaction attack from ogre warriors, but never in a 3 man party, so we have to try that.