Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The tank title

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 5, 2019
    Try to get title without using these fancy new skills which manipulate monster aggro?
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Greta wrote: »
    Try to get title without using these fancy new skills which manipulate monster aggro?

We did, literally hundreds of times now. With and without taunt, with and without crisis escape, with splash damage, with instinctive reaction, with windmill damage, with stomp damage, with fireball damage, switching leaders around, in parties of 2, 3 or 4, while the aggroed person charges a magic or aims with a bow, in raid parties, and any of these combinations you could possible think lol

At this point it's looking more and more like it's bugged :/
  • KimasyKimasy
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    edited July 6, 2019
    I found another clue just now.

There is an Erin book titled 'A Manual for a tanker' in the game (perhaps only exists in Korea server). And it says "When 2 party members are endangered by enemies' attack, you need to attack those enemies and even put yourself in 3:1 battle position to save your party. (Don't be afraid of potion poisoning when you against strong enemies!)"

I think the keyword here is 'Multiple enemies.' From what I understood, you run into the second enemy (and even to third if necessary,) who is attacking your party members even if you're also under attack.

Note: This manual isn't specialized for the tank title. It just explains general concepts of an ideal tanker.

(+)
    Since many other players got the title casually in the middle of fight, it is hard to tell the exact method. I am not sure if there are any other hidden requirements like, your character may have to be affected by potion poisoning, or your party members' HP has to be lower than certain %, things like that.

Well, I couldn't find anything else besides the manual for a tanker. QnQ

Original text here:
    http://zermoth.net/mabinogi/library/Show.aspx?id=418-004

다시 본론으로 들어가, 파티원 중 자신을 제외한 2인이 적의 공격을 받아 위험에 처했을 때, 얼른 달려가 그 2인을 공격한 적들을 공격해 3 : 1 상황을 만들어, 비교적 높은 생명력으로 버텨내는 것이 몸빵이 파티에서 빛나는 기본적인 전법이다. (강한 적일 경우에도 포션 중독을 두려워하지 말라!)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Well this is weird. I got mine just randomly years ago when i was just a newbie and got K.O'd by Shadow Fighter. I guess i was lucky then? Because my playstyle was always tanky.
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Yea I also got it randomly when I started on EU, and when I started here on US, it was so long ago I don't even remember getting it xD

But we've failed repeatedly to get it lately :(

Also @Kimasy we've also dealt with multiple multi aggro enemies and it still didn't work :(
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    I've heard rumors that when people die to Girgashiy's soul absorption, they can sometimes get the title. You could try that; with this fact in mind the title might need for you to die when a single monster aggros multiple players (2+, maybe also including the tank-wannabe player).

It's worth noting that since the title's hint is rewarded to the player when they become a party leader (when they enter a dungeon?) you might need to A: be the party leader and/or B: be inside a dungeon (or shadow mission?).
  • HeleoHeleo
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    i’m pretty sure I got this title a while back while doing a group run of Alby Adv HM, when Arachne used thunder on my friend and it chained onto me. You could run it with friends and try, or even more likely is going into momento for the dragons that love to spam thunder and fireball and position your self so you get hit by the magic when they aim for your friend.
    Greta