Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did Rates on the 4th of july box decrease

WinkyDinkyWinkyDinky
Mabinogi Rep: 825
in General Chat
It seems after the maintenance the rates decreased, yesterday i got 30 boxes from 7pm to the morning when it ends, today i got 0...... seems fishy

Comments

• MiDZMiDZ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    It sure seems so. I haven't gotten over 17m at all today and I've been playing since 6am this morning (so 6 hours).

Nexon, could you tell us what the new odds are so we know? Because I'm feeling a bit bummed. I was really liking this event before the maintenance.
    ImaizumiSherriSakura2503
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Maybe they broke the event this time?
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited July 4, 2019
    Seems like it. I dunno if I'm lucky or not but I average 20 boxes per night. I used the firework pre-maint and post-maint. right now I'm going to try fireworks from my pet and from other gen merch npc (Galvin).

At the very least, the drop rate from previously rare items (coff ladeca robe coff) is exponentially high.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh goodie another event that I am not going to bother with.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Does anyone know what time it doesn't let you fire anymore fireworks? I could of sworn it was 6 AM but it doesn't let me fire anymore way earlier than that. :/
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 4, 2019
    From 7 in-game to 5 in-game.

Cooldown is every 1 real life minute. Which is distracting because a mabi day is 36 minutes instead of 24 minutes. Try not to pay much attention to the ingame time

And I have the same prize/noPrize rate as before maintenence
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    From 7 in-game to 5 in-game.

Cooldown is every 1 real life minute. Which is distracting because a mabi day is 36 minutes instead of 24 minutes. Try not to pay much attention to the ingame time

And I have the same prize/noPrize rate as before maintenence

Wow.. that's actually a terrible time frame lol but oh well~
  • GretaGreta
    So i saw people bragging collecting over 70 boxes within one in-game night and thought it's impossible. But then i realized some people switching between channels and launching fireworks like crazy. GG.
    SherriGaby5011Radiant Dawn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Greta wrote: »
    So i saw people bragging collecting over 70 boxes within one in-game night and thought it's impossible. But then i realized some people switching between channels and launching fireworks like crazy. GG.

inb4anotheremergencymaint
  • SherriSherri
    Greta wrote: »

This is why we can't have nice things. :(
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Make sure to report the ones specifically using same channel switch
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 5, 2019
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Make sure to report the ones specifically using same channel switch

Ah yes, the guy indeed was switching on same channel. That's how i realized that lol.

EDIT: The event is broken. No one is getting the boxes.
  • WonderWeaselWonderWeasel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    So, assuming that the event mechanics haven't changed since the last time it was out, your probability of getting a box increases after noon pst to a peak at midnight pst, and then declines from there. From wiki-

"Note: Height varies throughout the day. After midnight (Pacific Standard Time), most fireworks tend to shoot up to 4-7 m. Later in the day (afternoon Pacific Time), fireworks shoot higher more frequently, especially as it gets closer to midnight, when height will drop back down."
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    So, assuming that the event mechanics haven't changed since the last time it was out, your probability of getting a box increases after noon pst to a peak at midnight pst, and then declines from there. From wiki-

"Note: Height varies throughout the day. After midnight (Pacific Standard Time), most fireworks tend to shoot up to 4-7 m. Later in the day (afternoon Pacific Time), fireworks shoot higher more frequently, especially as it gets closer to midnight, when height will drop back down."

oh that makes sense. anyway, that limitation is pretty reasonable if not still really generous considering the item drop rates from the event box (it essentially trashed ladeca’s and trump’s value with how high it is).
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    roastedpig wrote: »

oh that makes sense. anyway, that limitation is pretty reasonable if not still really generous considering the item drop rates from the event box (it essentially trashed ladeca’s and trump’s value with how high it is).

whats so great about the trump's anyway?
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Alshian wrote: »
    roastedpig wrote: »

whats so great about the trump's anyway?

honestly, no idea. it was rare tho before so maybe that’s it?