Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Am I missing something with the merge?

LeorneLeorne
Mabinogi Rep: 325
in General Chat
I just returned to mabinogi after 4 years and after reading the forums you would think Alexina is dead.

It literally is exactly the same as I left it. I see absolutely no difference in population. Are people just whining for the sake of whining or what? I get that Nao probably has MORE people than Alex now but....whats all the hubub about? I just dont understand all the moaning.
CrimsọnDanievictriaMaia

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Leorne wrote: »
    I just returned to mabinogi after 4 years and after reading the forums you would think Alexina is dead.

It literally is exactly the same as I left it. I see absolutely no difference in population. Are people just whining for the sake of whining or what? I get that Nao probably has MORE people than Alex now but....whats all the hubub about? I just dont understand all the moaning.

They wanted to be invited to the party as well; they weren't. So they get to sit quietly in their back yard with a couple friends playing Pinochle and having to listen to parental approved music at a reasonable volume, while next door at the Nao residence, they have a live band, 20 foot diameter hot tub, and free licensed fully stocked bar. Sure, at the Alexina residence, Pinochle can be fun, but um yeah . . . .
    CrimsọnDanievictriaSherriRadiant DawnKitiniGaby5011
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 11, 2019
    Wow wth Alexina was fun asf 4 years ago. You would see shops and activity everywhere. I remember Tara Stonehenge in ch1 was crowded all the time back then and now you barely see people there. Also so much people used to advertise that you could barely follow chat, but now i have sometimes to recheck few times if i was actually in ch1 because of how dead chat is.
    Negumiko
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Greta wrote: »
    Wow wth Alexina was fun asf 4 years ago. You would see shops and activity everywhere. I remember Tara Stonehenge in ch1 was crowded all the time back then and now you barely see people there. Also so much people used to advertise that you could barely follow chat, but now i have sometimes to recheck few times if i was actually in ch1 because of how dead chat is.

true, it is very sad to see how much ch1 has died even Tir Chonaill is almost always empty on the other channels when it used to have at least 5 players or more on almost every channel. I am mostly a channel 4 player on Alexina which was much more active and social 4 years ago and now the only active place is Dunbarton. only around 3 or 4 players at shadow alters but that is just cause of the balloon event.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

This is your first post? Good night sweet prince. I will pray for you.
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »

This is your first post? Good night sweet prince. I will pray for you.

Yeah, i thought this too. Very interesting.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390

You barely see people there because its dead content.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 14, 2019
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Then same goes with Tech Duinn and Sidhe Finnachaid even though this is "new" content. They are dead as SM if not more. But SM is common content since it's easy and often gets tied with many events while those two are more uncommon because they are suited more for end game. That's why i expect to see more players somewhere like SM than anywhere else.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited July 14, 2019
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Then same goes with Tech Duinn and Sidhe Finnachaid even though this is "new" content. They are dead as SM if not more. But SM is common content since it's easy and often gets tied with many events while those two are more uncommon because they are suited more for end game. That's why i expect to see more players somewhere like SM than anywhere else.

Yep Shadow missions can be accessed at lvl 1 or at least within a day if too casual still trying to figure the game out.

The current "New" content can't be accessed depending on the player it could take few months but to common players it can take years. No one likes to grind like crazy so they would like to take it slowly instead.

Nexon failed to make it so that new players or midgame players can access it, but having "access" is not enough they need it to make it so they are able to even BEAT it. I know this is for the endgame players but they could of done it differently.

being 5000+ in levels is a big fat lie, no where near enough to slay your foes but if you can it would be a pain to defeat one at a time in such a long while. Nexon fail to make it difficult and fun so instead they made it bullcrap from the start. The enemies made was likely from you having amazing enchants, reforges, erg lvl, egostones, gear, skills, talents, and your total level in mind. Nexon shot themselves in the foot with reforges along with erg upgrades, they tried to make it "fun" to not just endgame players but the very whales that catered to pay to win supporting Nexon's awful choices. There is just TOO much RNG that causes harm to our knowing of progression to a goal that is Tech Duinn but likely will never happen because our true enemy is none other than Nexon with RNG being the wall that says "stay away from the game".

Since G23 was suppose to be the trending thing that likely new players had seen with interest only to first see what the character creation is like, you know how that was like...Outdated looks compared to updated looking features that overshadows it only to find out this had been like this for years now. You get your first outfit bought clothing NPC shop only to see another player who looked like he/she was from a complete different game because they look soooo updated compared to your outdated self.

When will Nexon update the old clothings? The hairstyles? Likely Never, they will keep it there to scare away players as well as being unable to reach the current trend that is G23 because it will take too long to reach that they would rather find another game. Even if they stay they will get burnt and discourage how absurd it is to rank some skills that requires you to do a requirement at such insane amount of times that serve little to no purpose later on. It just becomes a HUGE waste of your time, no one wants that they WANT it to be REWARDING which Nexon fails to give for the hard work they put.

I know Nexon had done this to keep it everlasting as possible but do you want to make your game loved or hated? I felt like crap making it this far instead of feeling proud because I KNOW how bull every step of the way to reach it that rewards me with NOTHING. At least the social aspect is the only redeeming quality this game had along with vague goal in the story that likely going to improve on but still holding my breath here because I've been around for too long to know its going to have inconvenient situations.
    Greta
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Yeah something's missing

The 16 character name event is going to end without even a peep about the mentioned name change coupons
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 14, 2019
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Yeah something's missing

The 16 character name event is going to end without even a peep about the mentioned name change coupons

?????
    You probably missed the point... The name change service IS name change coupon.
  • GriReaGriRea
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited July 14, 2019
    Yeah something's missing

?????
    You probably missed the point... The name change service IS name change coupon.

I think they were talking about the paid name change coupon.

It says on the page of the 16 character name event: "Notes: The Name Change Coupon is coming soon! Please keep an eye on the main page for future updates!"
    Yeah something's missing

I thought that was strange too.
    I questioned about it in the July 11th maintenance thread, but it went unanswered and eventually got vaulted.