Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina Should have been in Nao.

Comments

• HeloiseHeloise
    Mabinogi Rep: 790
    There really isn't too much point arguing about it except to share dissent. The results, regardless of opinion, speak for themselves: Alexina is becoming a husk, and Nao is the greener pasture. Again, regardless of opinion, as this becomes more apparent it brings up other issues such as a stagnating market, or lack of population for dungeons and raids. This will happen with or without dissent, it's just a fact. What dissent will do, however, is at least be another factor in how Nexon should be making their next choice in terms of server maintenance, the key word being SHOULD. What I foresee is that before they even consider another merge, they'll give incentives for players to join Alexina in attempt to balance things out, but if that doesn't work they really won't have that much of a choice. If enough people get upset about the state of things now, it's possible it could speed things up a bit.
    SebastianGreta
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 11, 2019
    Heloise wrote: »
    What I foresee is that before they even consider another merge, they'll give incentives for players to join Alexina in attempt to balance things out

090225_alexina_01.jpg

/s
    KensamaofmariSaiSherri
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 11, 2019
    Aaaand still no name change coupons

It's like The9's promise of a revived firefall release that will never happen. Nexon, why you China me?

- - - - - -
    reads below comment: Yeah, don't care. ' ' i am very smart ' '. /sass
    I just want the name change I was teased :P
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 11, 2019
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Aaaand still no name change coupons

It's like The9's promise of a revived firefall release that will never happen. Nexon, why you Chinese so much?

Well because their main market is China of course.
    If anyone has read the last couple earnings report, one can clearly tell, Mabinogi NA is not going to be their focus.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    These threads wouldn't need to be closed down if the community moderators/GMs would just answer our questions.

We need people from Nexon America to be t r a n s p a r e n t.

I do not believe moderators have the answer, as they are volunteers, not staff. Only the folks in the office in El Segundo... or even the office in Tokyo... or... you get the point.

This is entirely true: I know as much as you guys do on these sorts of things. VFMs don't get insider information, as that is not required for moderating the forums.

Shhh, you shouldn't tell them that, Make them fear your "Power" So they don't get out of control throwing tantrums.
    Though either way there is just no pleasing anyone. No merge, people complain, they do the merge then people will complain.
    Or in my fun situation, It will be like a server war again- "Oh all players from (Insert server.) are scammers and trash--" And so on.

lol. Anyone with a brain knows they don't have power.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Shhh, you shouldn't tell them that, Make them fear your "Power" So they don't get out of control throwing tantrums.
    Though either way there is just no pleasing anyone. No merge, people complain, they do the merge then people will complain.
    Or in my fun situation, It will be like a server war again- "Oh all players from (Insert server.) are scammers and trash--" And so on.

lol. Anyone with a brain knows they don't have power.

Seeing how a few people like to scream about VFMs deleting threads "for no reason", I'm pretty sure you know we have a little bit of power here.
    Aquasol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Way to flex. ;)
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I once brought in about 7 full bags of groceries with one hand, so I’d like to think I’ve got a bit of power.
    LeineiKensamaofmari
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Aquasol wrote: »
    I once brought in about 7 full bags of groceries with one hand, so I’d like to think I’ve got a bit of power.

I believe that power is known as, Mom power.

And @PlatinaKoki, They do have some powers, on here. But some honestly do believe they have the powers in the actual games live devs.
    I mean hell im pretty sure they could reason to all of this but simply deleting the whole forum. xD
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I mean hell im pretty sure they could reason to all of this but simply deleting the whole forum. xD

It depends if the administrators checked ON such abilities for moderators in the admin control panel; I doubt they have.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Helsa wrote: »

It depends if the administrators checked ON such abilities for moderators in the admin control panel; I doubt they have.

If they do they do if they dont then they dont-- Sad as it is, this forum is kinda pointless.
    I know people are upset and so on, but as i stated- Everyone will always be unhappy.
    If the merge happens, there will be a handful who will complain that they never wanted this.
    If it doesnt happen, They will just continue, like this forum...
    With how big the thread is and overall the situation, im sure they have checked it- but if you ever really want to say "Hey, can you do this."
    You could always just submit a ticket to force them to read on it. But i can imagine them just saying alone the lines of.
    "Thank you for contacting us, we are sorry for this inconvenience and we will take this into consideration."
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

If they do they do if they dont then they dont-- Sad as it is, this forum is kinda pointless.
    I know people are upset and so on, but as i stated- Everyone will always be unhappy.
    If the merge happens, there will be a handful who will complain that they never wanted this.
    If it doesnt happen, They will just continue, like this forum...
    With how big the thread is and overall the situation, im sure they have checked it- but if you ever really want to say "Hey, can you do this."
    You could always just submit a ticket to force them to read on it. But i can imagine them just saying alone the lines of.
    "Thank you for contacting us, we are sorry for this inconvenience and we will take this into consideration."

Yeah but every time I have had suggestions or non-applicable problems they will just direct you to the forums. I can show you tickets for these situations.
    Aquasol wrote: »

You sure that's not your STR stat after getting high ranking close combat skills?
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Alexina merge when?
    Alexina merge when?

When she submits to the Nao chimera. She's holding out strong.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 12, 2019
    Alexina merge when?

I see you mentioning chimeras quite too often. Isn't that becoming chimera of yours too?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Alexina merge when?

Probably one of these:
    1) Alexina ends up in the same kind of shape the other three were in.
    2) A means to allow multiple copies of the same name is developed.
    3) The powers that be, decide that dividing the community, in the first place, was a mistake, based on a misguided head-in-the-clouds notion that some kind of healthy friendly good natured rivalry will develop making the game much more popular and enjoyable than if they had had just one community from the get-go.
    Greta wrote: »
    Alexina merge when?

I see you mentioning chimeras quite too often. Isn't that becoming chimera of yours too?

Perhaps so. It is summer time, and the mind is wandering about as the heat sets in.
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485

I always thought it was weird when games don't allow multiples of the same name, when the solution seems pretty simple imo. It could just be because the game is old as hell, but surely they could implement something like how discord does it. Every player and every pet surely has a unique ID tied to them, right? So why isn't that the defining factor of your character's information instead of the username, you can't even name pets something that a player has already taken, or a player something that's already taken by a pet. It's as easy as 123, just (username)#4232 and have the numbers hidden, that way you can have jack#0001 and jack#0002.

They've even done this with the nexon launcher, even though you can't do anything but launch games with it. Maybe the other games like rocket arena or something make use of the nexon ID idk, but still.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Hankrillon wrote: »

I always thought it was weird when games don't allow multiples of the same name, when the solution seems pretty simple imo. It could just be because the game is old as hell, but surely they could implement something like how discord does it. Every player and every pet surely has a unique ID tied to them, right? So why isn't that the defining factor of your character's information instead of the username, you can't even name pets something that a player has already taken, or a player something that's already taken by a pet. It's as easy as 123, just (username)#4232 and have the numbers hidden, that way you can have jack#0001 and jack#0002.

They've even done this with the nexon launcher, even though you can't do anything but launch games with it. Maybe the other games like rocket arena or something make use of the nexon ID idk, but still.

Mhm, it was bad design from the get go. Here's the ironic part, our characters DO have a record number field but the game uses the name as the key field, I mean WHAT!?!?!?!?!