Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

mabi wiki gives blank page?

nevyn25nevyn25
Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
edited January 30, 2017 in Town Square
anyone know if the wiki is broken again? getting this when trying to load it. wiki.mabi.world gives the same result. restarting my browser didn't work either btw
c7Zrttj.png
IzzyKuroNeko

Comments

• KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited January 30, 2017
    Today I've been trying to get to the wiki and it's just a blank page. Both versions...is anyone else having this issue? Before it was giving me this weird homepage with the dailies trying to load and some weird explanation about the wiki itself on it...but now it's just blank when I click onto the homepage...

edit: If I try to load any OTHER page from the wiki, it'll load just fine, but it's the main page itself that's acting up.
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    It's happening to me as well, but you're right in that loading other pages will work.
    Kryo
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Same here. Kinda weird how any other page in the wiki works, but not the main page.
    Kryo
  • KryoKryo
    Right? D:
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    My wiki page was already up. Try going to a different page on the wiki except the home page.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Looks like tables on the wiki are acting up now too.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited January 30, 2017
    it's still working for me. maybe try clearing your browser data and see if that changes anything?

edit: wait, it's just the home page that's down. any other page besides that is working.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Looks like the wiki is having all sorts of problems today.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    All pages are working for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if my browser is loading up a cache'd version. Best to just wait and see if they say anything through whatever outlets they have since a few of you are having issues.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    glad I'm not the only one with the problem, meaning the problem doesn't lie with me somewhere. let's hope it gets fixed soon, since the search function is also affected by whatever the problem is
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    well, for the time being if you need to search something, just search through google?

like er,
    > site:wiki.mabinogiworld.com enchant

adding site:url to the beginning of any search, followed by any keywords only brings up results from that website.
  • KryoKryo
    Whoa, weird...I wondered why I only had two notifications from my thread, but there were more replies, and noticed my topic title was changed, put in a new spot and everything...I was merged into a newer threaaaad. xD Boooo :P

Main page is still down sadly. :c
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    So, while the wiki is having problems, anyone know an alternate that will work?
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    I noticed the tables on skill summaries weren't working right. Ironically viewing the page in Internet Exploder rendered it just fine though.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    I noticed the tables on skill summaries weren't working right. Ironically viewing the page in Internet Exploder rendered it just fine though.

Looks like the formatting got screwed up, that or some troll decided it would be funny to mess up pages.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    In all honesty, they could just throw the wiki into 'no edit' mode till they get everything fixed.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    edited February 2, 2017
    Okay, this is getting dumb, around 90% of the pages that have any kind of table is messed up. Is there another wiki for mabinogi besides Mabinogi World?

Well, it looks like the wiki is having 'Technical Difficulties'.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    edited February 2, 2017
    There used to be a second wiki but it got behind on content updates and I think was eventually abandoned by whoever created it. The address for it no longer works. The current wiki is the only one available I think. :C
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    And now my Chrome cache stopped trying to load up my saved version of the wiki. That kinda blows.
    Shoog wrote: »
    There used to be a second wiki but it got behind on content updates and I think was eventually abandoned by whoever created it. The address for it no longer works. The current wiki is the only one available I think. :C

There was some sort of falling out with Mabinogier (the one you're talking about) and World. Can't recall exactly what happened, but some mods got realllllllllllly butthurt and Mabinogier decided to just stop instead of fighting.
    I rather liked Mabinogier's wiki. Their staff didn't scream at you when you added a citations section to a page when you wanted to reference a Nexon news post, unlike the ten times I've attempted to do that on World.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Buffalos wrote: »
    And now my Chrome cache stopped trying to load up my saved version of the wiki. That kinda blows.

There was some sort of falling out with Mabinogier (the one you're talking about) and World. Can't recall exactly what happened, but some mods got realllllllllllly butthurt and Mabinogier decided to just stop instead of fighting.
    I rather liked Mabinogier's wiki. Their staff didn't scream at you when you added a citations section to a page when you wanted to reference a Nexon news post, unlike the ten times I've attempted to do that on World.

I liked to use that wiki in the past as well. To bad they gave up on it. :(