Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New idea for improving mabinogi.

10745Whitfield10745Whitfield
Mabinogi Rep: 505
edited July 13, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think mabinogi should have a Stock market in the game it would really improve the sales and everything do you guys agree? IGN: Whitfield (Alexina server)
Springviolet

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The idea is kind of vague at this point. Do you have any ideas to flesh it out more? In terms of financial markets though I'd like to see gold<-->ducats money changers.
    Springvioletduckman
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Helsa wrote: »
    The idea is kind of vague at this point. Do you have any ideas to flesh it out more? In terms of financial markets though I'd like to see gold<-->ducats money changers.

for improving Ducats I would like to see a new trade imp in Dunbarton that would function as a bank for Ducats. allowing player to deposit some Ducats and even lets you make a check with Ducats instead of gold. show a set Ducat price option below the normal set price option for personal shops so players exchange Ducats instead of gold. why should we be able to carry around as much Ducats as we want without it taking any space at all? doesn't seem very realistic having bottomless Ducat pockets when we have all these different bags trying to hold our gold so maybe add some sort of 2x2 Ducat bag that hold up to 2 mil Ducats each. Iria commerce could open up new trade routes and new bounty hunting boards so players would be more motivated to earn Ducats. there is a ton of stuff that could be done improve the fomor currency of Ducats but as it is now eventually the same old commerce over and over again just gets boring.
    Springviolet10745Whitfield
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    "A stock is an investment. When you purchase a company’s stock, you’re purchasing a small piece of that company, called a share. For companies, issuing stock is a way to raise money to grow and invest in their business. When you own stock in a company, you are called a shareholder because you share in the company’s profits."
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/what-is-a-stock/

The question then is, what companies are we buying shares of? maybe the Erskin Bank, Lezzaro Vineyard, Eluned Vineyard, Festia Entertainment Group, Tailteann Farming Cooperative, Bean Rua Bar, Loch Lois Restaurant in Emain, Alchemy Society headquartered in Tailteann's alchemist manor.

The other option is to invest in guilds instead of companies. We buy shares of a guild, then the guild uses the money to run content, then they somehow turn those gains into money or guild worth, and finally the shares go up in value. idk, just throwing out ideas.
    Springviolet10745Whitfield
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited July 14, 2019
    I like the idea to invest in guilds and buy shares. I found a link that explains this idea here https://www.dofus.com/en/forum/8-suggestion-box/49335-dofus-stock-market
    10745Whitfield
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    At this point, a stock market will not work because there are not enough player or ingame/npc services that will allow investments and return.
    Even Erskin Bank at this point is not an investment, because there are no returns for depositing money. The bank does not offer loans either. Without further development of a more complex economy, I find it difficult to implement this idea without improving other areas of the game.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 16, 2019
    At this point, a stock market will not work because there are not enough player or ingame/npc services that will allow investments and return.
    Even Erskin Bank at this point is not an investment, because there are no returns for depositing money. The bank does not offer loans either. Without further development of a more complex economy, I find it difficult to implement this idea without improving other areas of the game.

They could have the bank offer loans. The amount lent would be limited by the NPC resale value of whatever items one could offer as colateral. I don't know how they could charge interest, other than simple interest via a one-time-only fee, either charging on top of or taken out of the value of the colateral. So, it would end up being yet another storage service; in other words: a pawn shop.

They could have the bank offer loans. The amount lent would be limited by the NPC resale value of whatever items one could offer as colateral. I don't know how they could charge interest, other than simple interest via a one-time-only fee, either charging on top of or taken out of the value of the colateral. So, it would end up being yet another storage service; in other words: a pawn shop.

The banking system already charges fees in various ways, so if they were an actual business, they have earned a lot of money over the years.

Of course, if there were improvements to life skills to create a player independent economy, that would pave way for an economy where the players run economy through self sustaining production of goods and services which would pave way for a potential stock trading system.

If there's enough interest, I might draft a plan with making a different discussion topic.
  • HelsaHelsa

The banking system already charges fees in various ways, so if they were an actual business, they have earned a lot of money over the years.

Of course, if there were improvements to life skills to create a player independent economy, that would pave way for an economy where the players run economy through self sustaining production of goods and services which would pave way for a potential stock trading system.

If there's enough interest, I might draft a plan with making a different discussion topic.

I've thought of that; integrated with the trading posts, and having the NPC gold supply be limited as well. If you untethered the Mabi economy from the present gold exchange system of the NPCs, I suspect it would all break down and then these forums would be a lot funner.
  • duckmanduckman
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Opening ira to trade would boost ducat relevance, perhaps loans used to do a trade expedition (make it a quest). As for stock market value, say a banks value goes up with use and down when not used. The values would have to change fast to make it worth while. Also each person can only get so much stock that way everyone can get in on it and not be limited to those who are already wealthy and could easily buy all stock. Maybe time limited, 24 hours to buy and sell
    duckman wrote: »
    Opening ira to trade would boost ducat relevance, perhaps loans used to do a trade expedition (make it a quest). As for stock market value, say a banks value goes up with use and down when not used. The values would have to change fast to make it worth while. Also each person can only get so much stock that way everyone can get in on it and not be limited to those who are already wealthy and could easily buy all stock. Maybe time limited, 24 hours to buy and sell

Which is why I have suggested for commerce there to be a system where the trade goods are actually consumed which will allow prices to move naturally, and add in certain events that may change prices, such as overstock or shortages.
    duckman