Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Update old stuff.

SollSoll
Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
edited July 22, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
The more new content that gets pushed out, the more of the actual game, content that has been there since the beginning of the game, gets neglected and forgotten.

For this, a patch should be worked on to update the following:

- Maps ; some old textures look jarring when you look at new areas like Scuabtuinne, or Shyllien. Most of Iria falls in the neglected area category. The edge of the maps of most of Uladh as well. Dunbarton's edge forests with the criss-crossing grass texture is the worst culprit imo.

- Clothes : the oldest ones need both texture updates, and perhaps a dye area update as well to match the newer stuff.

- Player/NPC Hairs : There's literally no reason we cannot have the updated, basic hairs that the Tir NPCs have by this point. Just switch out the old polygon hairs already. Some other npcs, like in cor, also need an update from the pre-g9 polygon era. (Kusina's hair especially)

- Equipment: Let's face it, the release of a slot that is locked behind a gacha for face accessories is just another slap in the face. Go through every head slot accessory and implement them for use with the style tab, no gachapon required. As it should've been in the beginning. A simple way to implement it would be to simply allow any type of head slot to be used in accessory. A High layer/ Low layer type thing.

Like I'd wear a wig in the head slot, and then wiggling fox ears in the face accessory, so the wig would be the dominant 'texture' compared to the other. There's nothing that would prevent more face accessory exclusives from being present in future gachas as well. Just give us the variety mabinogi is known for.

- Unisex outfits: stop with the eluned nonsense. Alternatively, make a unisex version of an outfit gacha-only, (unisex pants and dresses, you cowards) and bring the gendered versions to craft in-game instead of releasing every single thing in a gachapon.

- Add more life skill manuals for older outfits that are gacha-only. Make them use existing materials. There's a staggering number of materials that have only one or very few uses. An example: Shiny gold thread? Literally created just for the tribal bird robe and has no other uses. Create more recipes that use those instead of adding new materials each time something new comes out being craftable.

- Allow us to rebirth pets via whistles. The feature is pretty dead right now with how every single new pet comes out in whistle form.

Devcat could work on this in separate patches, area by area, region by region. A little bit like what Renovation did for each talent concerned.

The game would feel much more loved if the F2P base was tended to just as much as the cash cows.

Tldr; update the old content to make it up to date with current standards of looks.
THICCthighssavelivesUrufuDraechDanievictriaSherriArdaitheLeineiRadiant Dawn

Comments

• UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Aye. I would very much love to see the vast majority of in-game equipment craftable as well. To reiterate something I have continuously stated before: "Kill the gatchas on the cash shop, bring back the Beauty Shop, improve it and give us the ability to buy Beauty Coupons, Style only outfits and hey, why not rare crafting manuals for said outfits for pon. Change it on day to day/week to week basis or some such. Give us a chance to use those little-used mats.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I agree with updating the textures and models on older equipment. A lot of the protective gear you can buy from the shops (particularly the stuff one would likely buy as a new player) has really blurry textures that look like what happens when you go to print an image but forget to save it at at least 300 dpi first. Also, 1,000 times yes on the Shiny Gold Thread! I get those pretty regularly when running dungeons, but I have absolutely nothing to use them on and they're basically worthless on the in-game market because there's only ONE PATTERN that uses them!!

A suggestion I'd like to add is to do a little something more with Tara. Here we have this huge city...and it's basically empty. You see lots of dummy shops tucked away in small side-streets, but they're really just for show. It's like the place was mainly designed as a Shadow Mission dungeon and the town part was a total afterthought. Tara could use more NPC's in the streets, more shops to shop at in other parts of the city, some daily side-quests scattered about town, maybe even a Seal Merchant...Heck! Tara would be a perfect place to put a Thieves' Guild if a Thief/Bandit/Rogue talent is ever added to the game! It's the continent's largest city, of course it's got a seedy side! The fact that Tara is so empty just bugs me so much. It feels so abandoned that the only difference between Normal Tara and Shadow Tara seems to be the state of the greenery...

tl;dr: Tara is a ghost town, and it's really off-putting. The place needs to be livened up...like, a lot!
    SherriUrufu
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    and maybe fix one of the biggest flaws, all those fences in Tir Chonaill that sinking in the ground and look just awful. Tir is one of the first major areas new players are introduced to. good first impressions matter, would be nice if the main starting town could look a bit better.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Negumiko wrote: »
    and maybe fix one of the biggest flaws, all those fences in Tir Chonaill that sinking in the ground and look just awful. Tir is one of the first major areas new players are introduced to. good first impressions matter, would be nice if the main starting town could look a bit better.

A sinking mountain, that's a geographical first.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yeeesss! We've been screaming for them to fix up the game and all we get is gacha after gacha.
    Of course, we'll be seeing an Ego update and a pet revamp soon?, so juuust maybe we can get through to them to update some other things.
    Urufu
  • UrufuUrufu
    Sherri wrote: »
    Yeeesss! We've been screaming for them to fix up the game and all we get is gacha after gacha.
    Of course, we'll be seeing an Ego update and a pet revamp soon?, so juuust maybe we can get through to them to update some other things.

I certainly would love to see that. Pets honestly need a little rebalancing as well, (I would like to see some cooldown limitations to make them a little less spam happy or something) but I do not know how and what they will be doing with either of them.

Follow it up with a revamp of premium and vip services and get working on old textures and the like: Starting with landscapes and skyboxes before updating the old outfits and etc. After all that, give me an enb or something for better lighting and add a borderless window option.
    Sherri
  • CalibryCalibry
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    edited July 31, 2019
    Support.

It shouldn't cost 20m to wear glasses with a hat when regular glasses go for 100k. It just shouldn't.
    DanievictriaSherriUrufu
  • UrufuUrufu
    Calibry wrote: »
    Support.

It shouldn't cost 20m to wear glasses with a hat when regular glasses go for 100k. It just shouldn't.

You are damn right on that one

• TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Some, if not most of the HS items still don't work. For example, the Metallurgy Site, Hazelnut Mushrooms, and some other items used for easy gathering aren't usable, despite all the items' descriptions saying that you can gather or sieve from. I know the HS update was.. a long while ago (can't find the exact date more HS items were added) and I was hoping something would be done about it to make those HS items become useful instead of looking like ugly decorations. (Though I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem)
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Some, if not most of the HS items still don't work. For example, the Metallurgy Site, Hazelnut Mushrooms, and some other items used for easy gathering aren't usable, despite all the items' descriptions saying that you can gather or sieve from. I know the HS update was.. a long while ago (can't find the exact date more HS items were added) and I was hoping something would be done about it to make those HS items become useful instead of looking like ugly decorations. (Though I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this problem)

Some of these things are only usable during regular gathering times, so Hazelnut Mushroom will only appear between 20:00 and 4:00.
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Draech wrote: »

Some of these things are only usable during regular gathering times, so Hazelnut Mushroom will only appear between 20:00 and 4:00.

Alright that makes much more sense, I appreciate the help