Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I guess VIP update was a lie

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited July 22, 2019 in General Chat
Now that we're 2/3rds the way through the year "soon 2019" can we just be told it isn't possible/happening? I still want it, but I feel like we're never going to actually get it at this point. I really fail to see why it's taking so long...

We even somehow managed to get a merge (which wasn't promised) before an update that's happening soon in 2019. Granted the merge was kind of botched, with alexina being left out and all the other stuff. At least we got name changes

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/19992/can-we-please-have-the-vip-update/p1
GretaCrimsọn

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    there is still time before 2019 is over. would be nice if they could just give it to us already though. I still mabi KR just likes teasing us with that update as long as they can, watching us jump for the fish and giving it to us as late as possible.
    Crimsọn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited July 22, 2019
    Negumiko wrote: »
    there is still time before 2019 is over. would be nice if they could just give it to us already though. I still mabi KR just likes teasing us with that update as long as they can, watching us jump for the fish and giving it to us as late as possible.

Soon 2019 was over a long time ago though.
    a6aa709c5f19084f2898841f6daaae0f.png

Another thing I'd like to add, the 8 months of VIP I bought on sale when we were told "there's a reason it's on sale" are about to run out as well. Which I'd also like to add, current vip is trash and I wouldn't ever buy it. Bait and switch tactics are shameful maybe even illegal.
    TheNyanCatSherriDraechFaithrendGretaIonCrimsọnTHICCthighssavelivesImaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 22, 2019
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Another thing I'd like to add, the 8 months of VIP I bought on sale when we were told "there's a reason it's on sale" are about to run out as well. Which I'd also like to add, current vip is trash and I wouldn't ever buy it. Bait and switch tactics are shameful maybe even illegal.

It's not bait and switch, but it was definitely profiteering under a little white lie - a little white lie to help boost sales - which is still illegal as hell. Basically they scammed us when they said that. They need to be held accountable. Those who purchased service during the sale last year under the guise that they were going to update VIP services soon need to be retroactively compensated whenever they finally release the updated services.

That aside...

Something tells me you guys are not going to like the version of updated services they are going to provide us. They always ALWAYS never release it the same way as KR does for their region. So the fight is going to be far from over even after they finally release it. One battle over with always just means another one beginning with Nexon NA.
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Gaea wrote: »

It's not bait and switch, but it was definitely profiteering under a little white lie - which is still illegal because it has become inherently misleading. Basically they scammed us when they said that. They need to be held accountable. Those who purchased service during the sale last year under the guise that they were going to update VIP services soon need to be retroactively compensated whenever they finally release the updated services.

That aside...

Something tells me you guys are not going to like the version of updated services they are going to provide us. They always ALWAYS never release it the same way as KR does for their region. So the fight is going to be far from over even after they finally release it. One battle over with always just means another one beginning with Nexon NA.

that is why I stayed away from that sale, whenever Nexon says "coming soon," expect it to take 4 to 6 months with possibly additional delays. it was a dirty business move but it worked. updated VIP has unlimited access to the Echostone without running that dungeon, letting us make up to 20 mil gold with any personal shop instead of just Belvast, and can make checks up to 30 mil gold with no bank fees. there will probably be few changes but anything is better then the useless VIP we have now.
    Crimsọn
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    It'll come, but not before KR gets another VIP update

/s
    SherriPlatinaKokiCrimsọn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 23, 2019
    It'll come by G24 or G25 (this is a joke)
    Crimsọn
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    It'll come the last day of December.
    SherriCrimsọn
    It'll come around the mountain when it comes.
    WolfsingerSherriDangerousDitchChaosShadow
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I think they meant "soon" in "meandering, indecisive parent" time. If you have a parent like that, you know exactly what I mean. When they say, "soon," they mean they'll get around to it after their knee stops hurting and their allergies clear up and they've spent 3-4 hours at the grocery store buying a load of groceries that would take any sane person just 30 minutes to pick up and they've cleaned the bathroom and mopped, dusted, and vacuumed through the whole house and they've done their hair and clipped their toe nails and grabbed a nap and watched 3 hours of bad primetime T.V. and... Yeah, that kind of parent. That's Nexon NA.
    SherriDraechCrimsọnKitini
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

It's not bait and switch, but it was definitely profiteering under a little white lie - a little white lie to help boost sales - which is still illegal as hell. Basically they scammed us when they said that. They need to be held accountable. Those who purchased service during the sale last year under the guise that they were going to update VIP services soon need to be retroactively compensated whenever they finally release the updated services.

That aside...

We might win the battle, but not the war.

Anyway, I was thinking about buying VIP once it actually comes out, or maybe that cloud/bone dragon package on the shop, but halfway through the year, 7/12 months and nothing..
    Though to be honest, we all should be used to false promises from them, unintentional or not.
    Crimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 23, 2019
    Me: I want VIP update!
    Mama Nexon: We have VIP update in home.
    VIP update in home: *crickets* "Soon™"
    SherriKensamaofmariWolfsingerCrimsọnMilkypockyKitini
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

It's not bait and switch, but it was definitely profiteering under a little white lie - which is still illegal because it has become inherently misleading. Basically they scammed us when they said that. They need to be held accountable. Those who purchased service during the sale last year under the guise that they were going to update VIP services soon need to be retroactively compensated whenever they finally release the updated services.

That aside...

that is why I stayed away from that sale, whenever Nexon says "coming soon," expect it to take 4 to 6 months with possibly additional delays. it was a dirty business move but it worked. updated VIP has unlimited access to the Echostone without running that dungeon, letting us make up to 20 mil gold with any personal shop instead of just Belvast, and can make checks up to 30 mil gold with no bank fees. there will probably be few changes but anything is better then the useless VIP we have now.

I will be PISSED if they make it not as good as KR's.
    ArdaitheSherriWolfsingerKitini
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

That aside...

You KNOW we'll get the bungled/watered down version.

That's Nexon NA's specialty.
    Crimsọn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    seems like ive spoken out of hand or likely not far from the truth but it seems my comment was removed :P
    GretaCrimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

That aside...

You KNOW we'll get the bungled/watered down version.

That's Nexon NA's specialty.

I've been saying this for years, I've always had a feeling that KR hates us and so they purposely do that. :(
    THICCthighssavelives
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 23, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »
    seems like ive spoken out of hand or likely not far from the truth but it seems my comment was removed :P

And i can guess you didn't even get a PM from any VFM informing why your post got nuked?

It was obvious lie. They said "soon" and the so called "soon" didn't happen. Because i wouldn't call 8 month wait as a "soon".
    Still remember the forum avatar lie back in 2017. It was "soon" that time as well. It's now over 2 years of "soon" waiting.
    SherriCrimsọnImaizumiKitini
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Greta wrote: »

And i can guess you didn't even get a PM from any VFM informing why your post got nuked?

It was obvious lie. They said "soon" and the so called "soon" didn't happen. Because i wouldn't call 8 month wait as a "soon".
    Still remember the forum avatar lie back in 2017. It was "soon" that time as well. It's now over 2 years of "soon" waiting.

I don't see a PM about why but seems like a silent warning tho.

They should of just given the players what they want that is worth the money they spent on the sales WAITING for this, I guess Nexon going to pull a Saga and likely take them 9 years later to update the VIP lol.
    Crimsọn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Wait so.. after all that drama, ranting, pleading, discussing etc...

The forum mods are still deleting things without posting a reason, moving things without posting a reason, and even giving warnings without reason again? I'm glad I got out when I did, the forum relationship with mods/gms is textbook abusive relationship.

Aww comon baby, I only banned you once and it was because I was drunk... It won't happen again I promise.

SebastianGretaWolfsingerSherriCrimsọnKitini

Soon is very ambiguous.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Wait so.. after all that drama, ranting, pleading, discussing etc...

The forum mods are still deleting things without posting a reason, moving things without posting a reason, and even giving warnings without reason again? I'm glad I got out when I did, the forum relationship with mods/gms is textbook abusive relationship.

Aww comon baby, I only banned you once and it was because I was drunk... It won't happen again I promise.

And here you are posting. 9dnGeIh.png

@Alshian what comment was deleted?