Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Crossover: The Rising of the Shield Hero

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited July 24, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I am suggesting that we have a Shield Hero crossover for Mabinogi. I'm just going to paste a quote from this thread http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/20934/who-s-your-pick/p2 to help illustrate the potential for this crossover and why we should get this. Please bare with me here.

Gaea wrote: »
Greta wrote: »
Imaizumi wrote: »
If we're getting a crossover then it will have to be a fairly popular anime in both the east and west. East to get it produced, and then west for it to even reach us.

No point choosing stuff you like that's more than a year old by now.

So Shield Hero it is.

Yes. For anyone who has actually watched the anime, it has a lot of similarities to Mabinogi - especially with the merchant stuff he does with the wagon and everything, exploration, meeting new people, ext. Hell what we could also do is release shield skills similar to what the shield hero has. That would be kinda cool. Filo could be a a reskin mount of the kokobo pet, that would give everyone a second chance to own a fast two person mount. Lots of cool new outfits, I know the players would love the additional cape options. Make Fitoria in a support puppet with a cool attack. There is just so much more than could be added for a crossover event with this anime, there is a lot of potential with this anime.

Plus, it is completely relevant right now because it's a recent release. That's something that needs to be taken into account when it comes to crossovers guys. Higher chance of getting a collaboration and the licensing and stuff.

Also Nexon...extremely profitable. Guaranteed. There's a lot of fans out there. :)

And we already have this
Shield_Mastery.png

Dude, I so want to run around mabi with this.

latest?cb=20150111042741

It would be so cool, and it could have a few additional effects on top of using it with the defense and charge skills. Lets make shields relevant again! XD

Imagine these new outfits.

imgbin-the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-anime-character-kinema-citrus-anime-gRhdkssG9t5YF5geJ5YkrhyrH.jpg
DWUVNx3W0AAznqk.png
latest?cb=20190414034903

Capes, wings, wigs, tails, ears. Hell Ren's outfit would make all the edgelords empty their wallets.

C'mon Nexon, this is right up your ally! :)

ZigzagSillyHorsemouse-mobile.jpg

For the commerce event we could run around in a wagon like that. Make it so if you do enough commercing you get to keep that wagon as an option. That would be awesome.

AdmKssh.png
Bs7Q2ew.png

Awesome fast two person mount, just like in the anime!

the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-06b.jpg?w=680
the-rising-of-the-shield-hero-07a.jpg?w=680

Potion making quests. We could enchance potions to get more SE and RE potions during the crossover event.

OH! and check this out. You know how they feed their weapons to grow their abilities? That the same thing with our ego's. Devcat, you could release shield hero crossover with the g24 update.

I'm a freaking genius. Do this Nexon, FREAKING DO IT.

giphy.gif

raphtalia_anime.pnglatest?cb=20181111113059
Greta wrote: »
I'll throw in Raphtalia partner to the suggestion.

Raphtalia AND also Filo in girl form. YES!!

And yes those two would make awesome partner additions for this game. Thanks for the idea Kensa. :)

So yeah, sorry for this mess. I thought it would be easier for me to just compile what I already compiled in another thread and then just throw it into a suggestion thread for consideration. I really do feel this anime has huge potential and relevancy for a crossover with Mabinogi. Let me know what you think and please do add some ideas that you guys think would be cool. Because I am damn sure I missed something that is also relevant. :D

Crimson(Gaea) of Nao
(Yeah it's about time I reveal my ign, meh).
KensamaofmariLeineiSherriHelsa

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If commerce gets a revamp, I think there can be some challenging commerce/combat crossover event with Shield Hero.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 24, 2019
    If commerce gets a revamp, I think there can be some challenging commerce/combat crossover event with Shield Hero.

Oh yeah totally.

To be honest I've wanted to do this suggestion thread for a long while. Glad I just finally slapped it together. lol.
    KensamaofmariHelsa

Oh yeah totally.

To be honest I've wanted to do this suggestion thread for a long while. Glad I just finally slapped it together. lol.

Bandit waves of various types. And if sea commerce is also added, that also works.
    Crimsọn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wouldn't mind this crossover. However, no Malty. I hate Malty.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »

Yeah I know she is such a...

:)
    LeineiHelsa

Yeah I know she is such a...

:)

But she would make a fantastic antagonist.
    Crimsọn
  • UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Hmm... Yes. Most definitely yes.
    Crimsọn
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    we need Nexon to have this crossover >^<
    Crimsọn
    AdmKssh.png

Wait is that Osna Sail? hehehe
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    AdmKssh.png

I was thinking the same thing! XD
    KensamaofmariHelsa
    Crims wrote: »
    AdmKssh.png

Just need the trade imp
    "There are bandits nearby. Stop!"
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    AdmKssh.png

Just need the trade imp
    "There are bandits nearby. Stop!"

That's actually a great idea! The trade imp could be sitting next to you. :D
    KensamaofmariHelsa
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I would not mind a transforming Filo partner.
    Urufu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 26, 2019

I would too, but I don't think that have the capabilities for something like that on the pet partner system. It would just be easier for them to release a partner and a pet.
    Helsa
    edited July 26, 2019

I would too, but I don't think that have the capabilities for something like that on the pet partner system. It would just be easier for them to release a partner and a pet.

If they can transform a hamster, they can transform a Filo. The key is to keep Filo fed, which is a feature of the hamsterman and also a feature of Filo.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

If they can transform a hamster, they can transform a Filo. The key is to keep Filo fed, which is a feature of the hamsterman and also a feature of Filo.

That would be a interesting mechanic. Unfortunately all my pets are emaciated.
    Helsa
    edited July 26, 2019

That would be a interesting mechanic. Unfortunately all my pets are emaciated.

Oof
    Just spam with slice of meat
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Add her just so we can beat her up in a boss fight muhahaha
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »

gnnRq1e.png
    Helsa
    Sherri wrote: »

gnnRq1e.png

Bloop