Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Suggestion for Guild Features

AlaundraAlaundra
Mabinogi Rep: 220
in Feedback and Suggestions
I would like to suggest a feature be added to Guilds. Guilds have a very simplistic setup as of now, You have the leader, officer then senior members and basic members but I have hardly seen the senior member rank used at all. I would like to propose the idea of adding a customizable rank structure that each guild can customize themselves. The guild leader and officer would be making use of this particular feature for making custom ranks with leader having the ability to disable officer being able to use this feature if they do not trust them to do it properly. The custom ranks would be able to have a custom name added to them as well as the rank itself being authorized powers up to the officer rank customized by those with the power to edit the ranks. I see this being useful for guilds that want to organize people into different roles such as crafters having a role, trainers/teachers having a role and maybe if the leadership needs a senate or counselor rank to help delegate leadership decisions to help the guild go smoother. I personally want to have a feature like this for making individual crafting ranks for my guild so I can organize my guild properly. I plan to have a rank for each crafting path such as blacksmiths, tailors etc. I put a poll so encourage the dev team to consider this if the poll does well. I also would like to hear some feedback on this feature and maybe some suggestions and ideas for what powers would be configurable for the custom ranks.
HisahimeUrufu

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think senior members had meaning back when guilds owned castles and built houses in the neighborhoods. IIRC senior members could build houses? Is guilds owning castles still a thing? Yeah there ain't much you can do with a guild; the game won't even let me load a guild emblem despite it promising me to do so. My guild has a leader and members. No senior members, not even an officer; it's a pretty flat hierarchy.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HisahimeHisahime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Helsa wrote: »
    I think senior members had meaning back when guilds owned castles and built houses in the neighborhoods. IIRC senior members could build houses? Is guilds owning castles still a thing? Yeah there ain't much you can do with a guild; the game won't even let me load a guild emblem despite it promising me to do so. My guild has a leader and members. No senior members, not even an officer; it's a pretty flat hierarchy.

Guilds can't own castles anymore, it's all permanently owned by the Tara Royal Regime or something like that.
    Kensamaofmari
  • UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    I would like to see the current 'Guild Rooms" or whatever replaced with something equivalent to a Guild Homestead. Let all the other Guildies connect their homestead in some fashion to it and share various benefits in this manner across both guild and homesteads. Kinda like fiefs I suppose.

Hey, why not have a wagon/carriage there to take you directly to other guild members' homesteads and something similar players can place in their homestead to go straight to the Guild Manor/Castle/Land.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Senior members could enter that secret room that held a second guildstone.

Then, when the game broke Guild Castles, and didn't let normal guild members even enter their own castle, I think you had to be a senior member to even enter the place.

Or you needed VIP in order to even enter.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hisahime wrote: »

Guilds can't own castles anymore, it's all permanently owned by the Tara Royal Regime or something like that.

You mean Eirawen.