Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Height-Boosting Insoles purchaseable in-game

DraechDraech
Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
in Feedback and Suggestions
As the name says, please offer a way of getting the Height-Boosting Insoles via an in-game means, like Price, Fleta or the Ducat Shop, even if they're expiring accessories. Or make them direct-buyable, or bundled with something else. Please, just don't make it exclusive to a 0.12% drop rate of one gacha. I'm sick of being a full head shorter than Walter.

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Make em for women, too.
    DraechHisahimeKofumiCrimsọn
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    I would like to see size changes in general that don't affect the character's proportions. Short characters without giant heads!
  • DraechDraech
    Or, instead of gacha accessories, Height and Body Proportion sliders. Those would be nice, wouldn't they?
    DanievictriaHisahime
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited July 23, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    Or, instead of gacha accessories, Height and Body Proportion sliders. Those would be nice, wouldn't they?

Body proportion sliders would be much appreciated...particularly for female characters. It's sort of awkward to have a slim 10-year-old girl with fully recognizable boobs. Women's bodies do NOT develop that way (normally). Sure, a girl who is very heavy for her age might have some small breast buds at 10, but a slimmer girl usually won't start developing until around 11 or 12 (depending on genetics and nutrition, with some girls not starting to develop until 13 or 14...women's bodies are complicated like that).

And, yes, making the height-boosting insoles either directly buyable (cash shop or in-game, since I wouldn't see a problem with them being a$1-$5 cash shop item) or giving them out as an event prize down the line would be nice. Honestly, I think they put too many possible items per-gatcha in anyway. I mean, I know it's a 50-cent machine style cash-grab to get people to waste their entire disposable income on the game...but even a 50-cent machine gives players the illusion of being able to get SOMETHING good by having the machine stocked with a small selection of items people would enjoy having, even if it wasn't what they were originally aiming for.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Bust size please.
    KensamaofmariTHICCthighssavelivesRadiant Dawn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    I want my giant to actually be giant. Like, taller than the Dunb bank.
    SherriDanievictriaHisahimeRadiant Dawn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Funny you should mention that. For my butler pet I made him as tall as possible. When my giant summons him, he's taller than a human can be, about the height of a nine-year-old giant. If they made a partner pet that was a giant and typically scaled it for humans and elves then summoned by a giant it might be even bigger than Krug or Kirine.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Helsa wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that. For my butler pet I made him as tall as possible. When my giant summons him, he's taller than a human can be, about the height of a nine-year-old giant. If they made a partner pet that was a giant and typically scaled it for humans and elves then summoned by a giant it might be even bigger than Krug or Kirine.

I wish we could use height sliders for characters instead of just partners, but ofc Nexon took the gacha/paywall route with height... Also why on earth are they male only? :/
    KensamaofmariDanievictria
  • HisahimeHisahime
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I wonder if it's because of all the heels they've been throwing out in gacha. But sliders are a really good idea, one of the games I used to play had sliders for everything from neck length to shoulder width.
  • UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    I suppose the problem would be the way they handle clothing in-game. Does it not replace the character's body type? Though you can adjust several things already with how much food you take in...

What if they revamped the whole dieting system in-game as well, assuming they would be able to pull off sliders in the first place.

I would like to see advanced statistics on all foods that accurately display what every food type increases and decreases. Maybe tie it to the tasting skill?
  • DraechDraech
    edited July 25, 2019
    Clothes are auto-scaled to the body; that's why T-shirts look so weird if you have high upper body weight, as the sleeve will be immense around your bicep. Moreover, clothes can be given to partners and they auto-scale to the partner's body parameters. Sliders would be great, and I'm hoping we might one day see a "sliders + old textures revamp" that would actually make Mabi look good in today's MMO world.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Draech wrote: »
    Clothes are auto-scaled to the body; that's why T-shirts look so weird if you have high upper body weight, as the sleeve will be immense around your bicep. Moreover, clothes can be given to partners and they auto-scale to the partner's body parameters. Sliders would be great, and I'm hoping we might one day see a "sliders + old textures revamp" that would actually make Mabi look good in today's MMO world.

It would take a LOT of work (including possibly changing the engine) to make Mabi look more like the standard MMO today.
  • HelsaHelsa
    It would take a LOT of work (including possibly changing the engine) to make Mabi look more like the standard MMO today.

Some folks prefer the "anime" look of the game over making it look more realistic. I figure have an option where you can decide whether you want "classic" Mabinogi or say something that looks more like Vindictus or something. On a side note, I'd like our characters to blink rather than stare out like the soulless automatons that they are.
    Leinei
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Some folks prefer the "anime" look of the game over making it look more realistic. I figure have an option where you can decide whether you want "classic" Mabinogi or say something that looks more like Vindictus or something. On a side note, I'd like our characters to blink rather than stare out like the soulless automatons that they are.

If the Yui doll can blink, then it should be possible for us to blink, too.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 26, 2019

If the Yui doll can blink, then it should be possible for us to blink, too.

Wait! That little girly thing that floats over your shoulder and does what that floaty cat thing does, you know dungeons and shadow missions and all, it's eyes blink?