Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Avoid Channel 1 Alexina When On Connous Beach

Comments

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Just hope you are not forced to AFK on another set map that allows such things to happen.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It's up to Nexon to recognize potential problems.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 27, 2019
    Oh, I didn't realize it was Gaea. That explains a lot. I thought I was dealing with someone else. :p

Sorry for being a prick earlier.
  • darkchaos125darkchaos125
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited July 27, 2019
    Instead of programming the areas to ban the use of summon items, they should just allow summons to take place in specific areas or arenas. In gameplay we have items that warp us to different set locations.

So here is my solution. When a summon item is used, instead of summoning the beast, 'you' get transported, alongside a party or raid, to a separate field. People are free to use pets (or not). This gives freedom to the player, keeps everyone safe, and gives a fun challenge too.

Alternatively they'd have go to a specific area to use the items maybe but that seems convoluted, but it could be treated as its own Shadow mission akin to Red Dragon's Lair.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Instead of programming the areas to ban the use of summon items, they should just allow summons to take place in specific areas or arenas. In gameplay we have items that warp us to different set locations.

So here is my solution. When a summon item is used, instead of summoning the beast, 'you' get transported, alongside a party or raid, to a separate field. People are free to use pets (or not). This gives freedom to the player, keeps everyone safe, and gives a fun challenge too.

Alternatively they'd have go to a specific area to use the items maybe but that seems convoluted, but it could be treated as its own Shadow mission akin to Red Dragon's Lair.

I feel that's a bit too complicated for the devs to consider for a cash shop item that's been here for years. The easiest solution I can think is setting the summonable locations to be more restrictive around/in event zones. We already can't use the urns inside towns, why don't they just change the map locations of events to have that 'town property'?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2019
    Oh, I didn't realize it was Gaea. That explains a lot. I thought I was dealing with someone else. :p

Sorry for being a prick earlier.

Cool beans. Glad you put down that 2x4 though. ;)
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Wait Crims is Gaea??? -surprised pickachu face-

Why the change in name?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited July 27, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »

Why the change in name?

gaea seems to have a lot of stigma much of it isn't good from what shes said , or could of just really wanted a different forum name.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/126903/#Comment_126903
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Why the change in name?

I changed my name in game and wanted something similar for my forum name. Obviously Crimson was already taken and so was Crim, so I went with Crims, short for Crimson.
    VeylaineAlshianWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Crims wrote: »

Why the change in name?

I changed my name in game and wanted something similar for my forum name. Obviously Crimson was already taken and so was Crim, so I went with Crims, short for Crimson.

ah oki, name sounds good tho c:
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 28, 2019
    @Crims If you wish to take sadistic pleasure, karma struck me and I am in immense pain regarding my bowel movements, or lack thereof. :(

OT: Regarding any possible solutions, why don't we just make it so we cannot use summoning urns within a certain distance to NPCs?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 28, 2019
    @Crims If you wish to take sadistic pleasure, karma struck me and I am in immense pain regarding my bowel movements, or lack thereof. :(

OT: Regarding any possible solutions, why don't we just make it so we cannot use summoning urns within a certain distance to NPCs?

I'm not that sadistic, I don't wish for anyone to suffer. I mean getting griefed in game can be annoying but it hardly effects anyone physically. I hope you feel better soon.

Drink some coconut water (not from concentrate and no flavorings). Like a whole a whole giant carton, you can find some at walmart. It's well balanced for hydration and getting things moving. It really does the trick and it's good for you, I recommend drinking some everyday. :)

Take some magnesium supplement with it for an extra kick. Sounds like you need it. And do not take laxatives or pepto bismol, they just put you right back in the same problem you were in.
    AlshianWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    I just see grief as a wake up call while it being annoying sometimes, like when your starting to feel brain dead playing some games, only a griefer seem to broke that circle for me.

Griefing can't be all that bad every once in awhile to spice things up in player's lives or at least around chill folks who don't mind it who don't see games as a total second lives or those who are not just so hateful from the start.

Grief exist in every corner you go depending on what you play or just stay in the safety in your home assuming you don't have anyone living with ya causing ya some type of griefing.

I played games long enough, been around folks long enough, and ran into some *cough* rather childish grown ups who kept calling ya a kid despite acting less um..."mature" in games while also calling ya names fitting for a gamer, proclaiming many "flashy" things they done to make themselves feel special only with you replying: "Then why are you here acting like some foolish brat acting like an adult?" but that only add fuel to the fire because I stink dealing with players like them. :3

Heck I guess he/she is in a state of mind full of rage to be in need to feel like he/she should be the top one claiming had done many things to be seen as the special one only to look like the fool instead. Sometimes I wonder...if they had the time to talk nonsense then they could just be enjoying the game or....unplug for peace sake jeez....

So yea...griefers, haters, cough "Pros" LOL, and adult wanna be exist. Stay quiet, observe, evaluate, adapt, then....STRIKE! Because they themselves are the most fragile kind of folk who need a chill pill getting some fresh polluted air humankind had left for us to breath in outside.

Just get used to it, a little change in paste can be fun if it annoys ya instead of feeling like a game's sole purpose is just to afk then grind, then afk again. "Fun"
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    A certain player in particular loves spamming Iria Raid Summoning Urns to kill AFK people. You have been warned.

Could you please tell us the name of that certain player? :)
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Gaea wrote: »
    I'm not that sadistic, I don't wish for anyone to suffer. I mean getting griefed in game can be annoying but it hardly effects anyone physically. I hope you feel better soon

Well this COULD annoy somebody enough to make them pop a vein...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »

Don't afk in potentially dangerous areas folks. :trollface:

But what if you are forced to due to badly designed events?
    Anyone who just stares at their character sitting there fishing all day is crazy

Homestead.

Sometimes there are annoying sounds in homesteads.

Especially if you have livestock.
    Well, at least you'd be AFK.

Sort of a "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" situation.
    The answer would be "Yes, but at least you wouldn't be around to hear it since you're AFK."

If a tree falls in your homestead and no one's around in it to hear it, does it make a sound?
    There are no falling tree sounds for mabinogi. :D

(Comments were deleted, GOOD. Was kinda angry about that comment, so thank you to whoever deleted it).

No, but it might disturb others or even myself if I need to leave it on overnight for some events.
    The walls have ears. But of course I can mute at bedtime, I just don't.

Anyway, I find it a bore to play without sound and music, that's why I leave em on, and I don't have anything else to formulate a proper comeback atm.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 29, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »
    A certain player in particular loves spamming Iria Raid Summoning Urns to kill AFK people. You have been warned.

I think i know one of them which Bliss was probably talking about. I can PM their name if you want, because it's against CoC to mention names publicly.

Also, exactly one year ago this thread popped up about this exact same thing:
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17255/this-is-your-local-mabiconnus-weather-forcast/p1

Anyone feel free to investigate and "enjoy" it.

• Donk3yDonk3y
    Greta wrote: »

I think i know one of them which Bliss was probably talking about. I can PM their name if you want, because it's against CoC to mention names publicly.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17255/this-is-your-local-mabiconnus-weather-forcast/p1

He should take one for the team xD
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870

Honestly a nice trip down memory lane.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 29, 2019

See that's what I am talking about, this happened last time and somehow they thought it wouldn't happen again? lol.

They probably thought all of the urns have been used by now. BUT they once again underestimate our powers of hoarding. XD