Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Issues with G23's "Rest and Relaxation" Quest

KayanaKayana
Mabinogi Rep: 545
edited July 22, 2019 in Help
I've been hard stuck on this quest since this morning and have not been able to get around it. When trying to do this mission, I had to cook a dish that does not have a recipe in the list. Trying to ignore the recipe fails the dish because it thinks I'm trying to cook whatever recipe I'm trying to ignore. I have a video here, might look weird because I'm posting it so soon after the upload. Just give it about 5 minutes for YouTube to buffer it if it does look weird. At the end of the day, I'm probably just a moron, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm basically stuck on Manni's island, unless there's a way for me to come back somehow. If I had a known way to get back to the island, this wouldn't be an issue anymore (at least until I have to address the mission again). Sorry, I'm just frustrated because it feels like no one in game is willing to help, and my friends that I trust have been worse at helping me. Much appreciated for any help I can get. Picture guides for this cooking issue also welcome.

Video:

Edit: Turns out I'm just a moron who should quit the game like I've been yelled at to do by many people in game. Apparently this whole problem pointed out the obvious reason why my life sucks too. So thanks for helping me realize this.

Comments

• KirifaceKiriface
    Mabinogi Rep: 405
    It looks like you are using the wrong cooking method in the dropdown menu. Select steaming (rank 5) rather than simmer, boil, etc.
    Byff
  • WinglyMeruWinglyMeru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    The first recipe uses steaming instead of simmering or boiling. You'll need to scroll the cooking method list down just a bit more. The second recipe is baking.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    It's possible to leave and come back to the island for G23; you get a special item that should already be in your inventory (it will either land in your special or normal inventory) by the time you get to the island called "Current Compass." It works similar to the "Avon Feather" item except I do not think it has a cool-down of any sort.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    What the hell is a Hazelnut Mushroom?
  • ByffByff
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    TNinja wrote: »

You've never seen one in game before? They're the ones that grow in the woods near Tracey in Dugald Aisle
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

They're a mushroom that grows in Ulaid Forest and Karu Forest between the hours of 8PM and 4AM in-game time.
    Hazelnut Mushrooms can be found on any day of the week.

There are two other forest mushrooms that are found on specific days:
    Brown Pine Mushroom are found only on weekdays, but not on weekends.
    Golden Mushrooms are found only on Wednesdays.

Go to the forest between those nighttime hours and use your bare hands to pick Hazelnut Mushrooms.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Byff wrote: »

You've never seen one in game before? They're the ones that grow in the woods near Tracey in Dugald Aisle

It's worth noting that for the G23 quest, the Hazelnut Mushrooms have to be collected during the Shadow Quest and can be found inside the forest.