Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Found a Fun-Fact

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited July 4, 2019 in Town Square
The historic human population, that is how many people that have EVER lived, is estimated to be around 100 Billion. What is really wild is that of all those people, scientists can show that around 1 in every 14, or so, HAVE NEVER DIED!

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    The historic human population, that is how many people that have EVER lived, is estimated to be around 100 Billion. What is really wild is that of all those people, scientists can show that around 1 in every 14, or so, HAVE NEVER DIED!

It appears you had a wild day.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa

Don't ever underestimate the power of a good bottle of 18-year-old Glenlivet.
    Kensamaofmari

Does the historic human population include pre-history though?
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 5, 2019

Everyone who has ever been that could be called human. I read somewhere that throughout all of history there were 1 Billion Neaderthals. I don't know if they included them in the 100 Billion figure or not.

Everyone who has ever been that could be called human. I read somewhere that throughout all of history there were 1 Billion Neaderthals. I don't know if they included them in the 100 Billion figure or not.

Interesting.
  • HelsaHelsa

Interesting.

It's all about the math.

Interesting.

It's all about the math.

Seems like no one likes math.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Math? Why would anyone want to calculate the area of a room to paint, when there's technology that can do it for you?
    Math? Why would anyone want to calculate the area of a room to paint, when there's technology that can do it for you?

This is why humans will be replaced by machines in about a decade.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    This is why humans will be replaced by machines in about a decade.

It's not so bad. It'll only be like 7% of them.
    Darkpixie99
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Because being wholly dependent on machinery is something out of a dystopian nightmare
    WolfsingerDarkpixie99Kensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 4, 2019
    Meanwhile, in Twitch news:

Mixer Features page
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Twitch can burn all i care. Glad Ninja left for Mixer, it's no surprise why he did, they probably offered lots of money for him. Maybe Twitch will step up and ban more thots from now on, but who i'm kidding? They give lots of revenue and such so they not gonna.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited August 4, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Twitch can burn all i care. Glad Ninja left for Mixer, it's no surprise why he did, they probably offered lots of money for him. Maybe Twitch will step up and ban more thots from now on, but who i'm kidding? They give lots of revenue and such so they not gonna.

I only glanced Mixer over, and I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Nexon decided to move platforms for the live streams.
    (From Twitch to Mixer)

"With just a few quick clicks, you can broadcast your games from your Xbox One console or Windows 10 PC—no extra software required. And with the Mixer Create app on iOS and Android, you can stream your mobile gameplay directly from your phone and on the go."

There appears to be no extra cost or equipment required for the steaming service, so that's quite literally every company's desire in a budget friendly service. I wouldn't know how to compare it to utilizing Yotube, though.

"Join up with friends and stream together. With co-streaming, you and up to three friends can chat and stream your gameplay in a single viewing experience—even if you’re all playing different games or on different platforms."

With Co-Streaming, Nexon Developers/GMs can interact like never before. How handy... the free advertisement must be!

Oh, and the fun part:
    "Tune in to vote on dialogue and decisions, help or challenge streamers in their games, and even summon mobs in Minecraft. Or use MixPlay to enhance streams with overlays, stats, and other useful information."

tenor.gif
    Remember everyone, in this current world, humans only care about $.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Remember everyone, in this current world, humans only care about $.

That's about 1 in 14.