Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

BRING BACK INTERACTIVE EVENTS

EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
in Feedback and Suggestions
Tired of these AFK events regarding coins .

Would've been nice to add the Break the Watermelon Event again regardless of prize we need something were players can interact.
TwistedxFate

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    If only.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 31, 2019
    I agree. I also hate how they keep recycling these mini-games like Memory Match, Stacky Cake, etc.
    TwistedxFate
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 31, 2019
    Iria treasure hunt event plaz.
    EmilieBerry
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    edited July 31, 2019
    Crims wrote: »
    Iria treasure hunt event plaz.

by far my favorite
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    At least give us something that requires some activity and co-op.
    TwistedxFate
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited July 31, 2019
    Or another event where there's a daily activity that we have to participate, with a new one each day, like do a commerce run one day, then make 5 Weeding Hoes the next day, then do a shadow mission the next, etc. Hit the daily activity every day, win a prize. I seem to remember there having been an event like that about 3 years ago when I first joined. It was either the one that gave out the sparkly pink pegasus or the Red Eye Strap set.

Not only would it be more interactive, but it's also a great way to introduce newbies to different aspects of the game. Heck, we can even have it centered in Iria, and have the activities centered around things like rafting, ballooning, Magic Craft/Shyllien Ecology, treasure hunting, dungeon crawling, etc. around the continent. I'd go for something like that...and it would get more people hanging around Iria, at least for a while. It is such an under-utilized area...
    KensamaofmariSherriEmilieBerryIyasenuUrufuTwistedxFate
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Or another event where there's a daily activity that we have to participate, with a new one each day, like do a commerce run one day, then make 5 Weeding Hoes the next day, then do a shadow mission the next, etc. Hit the daily activity every day, win a prize. I seem to remember there having been an event like that about 3 years ago when I first joined. It was either the one that gave out the sparkly pink pegasus or the Red Eye Strap set.

Not only would it be more interactive, but it's also a great way to introduce newbies to different aspects of the game. Heck, we can even have it centered in Iria, and have the activities centered around things like rafting, ballooning, Magic Craft/Shyllien Ecology, treasure hunting, dungeon crawling, etc. around the continent. I'd go for something like that...and it would get more people hanging around Iria, at least for a while. It is such an under-utilized area...

YES
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited July 31, 2019

The Stamp Rally Event!
    Week 1 Activities and Prizes:
    f9678e6be5.png

Week 2 Activities and Prizes:
    01e86b5db5.png

Week 3 Activities and Prizes:
    9a2cedab30.png

Week 4 Activities and Prizes:
    c00ab7095e.png

I also like how Master Tin had something to say in the little side window, and that something changed depending on whether you had completed that day's activity or not yet.

One of the better parts is that if you were a late-comer to the event, or just didn't complete one day's goal in time, you could still do it later on.
    But it still rewarded people who were up-to-date by giving twice the rewards if you did that day's goal on the first day it was available. (You can see the 2x bonus text above each current day in the above pictures)
    KensamaofmariDanievictriaSherriEmilieBerry
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    That's the one! I really loved that event, because it really helped me get familiar with the game and got me to do some activities that I never would have thought to try. Plus, the outfit is pretty sweet. My Elf mage wears it now.
    KensamaofmariIyasenu
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Dang.. that Stamp Rally event gives me some nostalgia.. I'd love a return of it, possibly with a new outfit to obtain.
    DanievictriaIyasenu
  • UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    That, and whenever they do events like these coin ones, offer more ways to obtain said coins besides just sitting around and running the same old shadow missions day in and day out... and better yet, don't lock the biggest and best prizes exclusively behind Gatcha mechanics. How many people manage to get those titles and weapons from the g23 event?

Instead of saving the coins and either using them on something useful that you cannot otherwise get except on the cash shop (also scummy) or using them on the one big prize you want, you sacrifice all to chance where it matters not if you use 2500 coins or 25... your effort means nothing for these events. At least with this Street Magician One you can get everything with tickets you could otherwise get with chance.

Maybe I am just salty because I don't get a cool lightning effect cosmetic title... Maybe I am just salty because I REALLY HATE GATCHAS! But either way these events are usually really uninspired.
    DanievictriaSherriEmilieBerryShakaya
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    edited August 2, 2019
    https://imgur.com/a/NOc4BOx
    I see the Break The Water Melon little Umbrellas are here in Port Ceann... Can we implement it :D
    Kensamaofmari
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I really miss the cursed labyrinth event. It was a really fun event that you could take 8 people into, and you were split up into teams of 2 and got to race against each other. All the challenges you were racing to complete were really fun and interactive, too. Everyone got a prize, but better rng rates were in the gold boxes, less in silver, and less in bronze, but everyone had a chance for something nice (if you think fun spooky things are nice, anyways).

I really wish there was more full party events like that. The game's community has been suffering ever since the majority of the content got switched to 4 people only.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Shakaya wrote: »
    I really miss the cursed labyrinth event. It was a really fun event that you could take 8 people into, and you were split up into teams of 2 and got to race against each other. All the challenges you were racing to complete were really fun and interactive, too. Everyone got a prize, but better rng rates were in the gold boxes, less in silver, and less in bronze, but everyone had a chance for something nice (if you think fun spooky things are nice, anyways).

I really wish there was more full party events like that. The game's community has been suffering ever since the majority of the content got switched to 4 people only.

The event is nice, but the drop rates of something good were obviously low.
    TwistedxFate
  • UItimaUItima
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    I have ranked Windmill only in hopes that one day dragon boating will become an event again. That event opened my eyes to how important the skill was before it got phased out by other aorta.
    DanievictriaEmilieBerry
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    UItima wrote: »
    I have ranked Windmill only in hopes that one day dragon boating will become an event again. That event opened my eyes to how important the skill was before it got phased out by other aorta.

Omg yes, but I feel like we are all too strong nowadays..

That was one of my favorite events ever.
    The team work