Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Update Suggestions of August

SdwCdrGhostSdwCdrGhost
Mabinogi Rep: 440
in Feedback and Suggestions
Welcome back. This is now my second official post and I'm happy to start off with a lighter note than last post. The main focus will be where we are now and what we should advocate in the future. Right now, Mabinogi is doing so well and is easily my favorite MMO. While the game functions well, visuals can do better. I'm not talking about graphics, but visual glitches that should be hammered out. An example are robes, when resting, you could see the legs cut out and not fully rendered, this is mostly notable when resting on a beach chair during the event. However, what I really want to see the most are new designed for hybrid talent tiles. As of now, hybrid tiles like Vagabond and Sage all use placeholders as their artwork. An exception would be hero tiles like the Druid. Although, it does save on resources, I find it interesting how Nexon would design them. Tell us what you think should be next update.

Note: I'm sure this will flood up with events related issues because this happens to be a big thing.
Danievictria

Comments

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited August 6, 2019
    I'd like to see them finally color code enemy nametags by their relative CP. So, if an enemy is Boss their name should be red, if it's Awful the name should be orange, if it's Strong the name should be yellow, if it's Equal the name should be green, if it's Weak the name should be blue, and if it's Weakest the name should be purple. I've played another game that was able to pull off such a system, and it worked just great. Also, labeling field bosses and ancients with special symbols by their names (a star for ancients and crossed swords for field bosses) would be nice too.

...Speaking of field bosses, how about Journal achievements for beating them? I can't tell you how many times I've seen field bosses pop up, but barely anyone shows up to try and defeat them. Maybe even a set of achievements for engaging the giant creature field bosses 5, 10, 20, 40, 80, and 100 times? Maybe a special title for battling the bosses and/or getting beaten by the bosses, revamp their loot tables...Just get people interested in them.

Also, I'mma keep sayin' this: Can someone please liven up Tara! It's the only town in the game that feels this empty and lifeless, like it was designed as a Shadow Mission dungeon first with no consideration for how it would function as an actual town! There's just a glaring amount of empty space there, and it doesn't feel as organically lived-in as the other towns and settlements in the game. That's a serious design flaw! Even making it into one more place players can set up shops would be good. At least all the AFK merchants standing around would make the place seem more lively...Or a Tara Street Fair event, where the town is filled with decorations and NPC's with mini games and pop-up shops and food stands...You know, make it worth hanging around there!
  • SdwCdrGhostSdwCdrGhost
    I like this. Color coding sounds like a must and a brilliant idea. Journal achievements are also good too and I would love to see them even though there are plenty. As for Tara, I do get this feeling, If I recall correctly, it is the capital, right? Why so few people? We do have a banquet every Saturday but that doesn't seem like any motive for anyone to go crazy for Tara. Let's recap: we got Tir Chonaill for cobwebs, Taillteann for alchemy, Dunbarton for shops and trading, Port Cobh for fishing, Bangor for blacksmiths, Emain Macha for cooking (And Gordon Ramsey), and Tara for... Fashion show?
    Danievictria
    We do have a banquet every Saturday but that doesn't seem like any motive for anyone to go crazy for Tara. Let's recap: we got Tir Chonaill for cobwebs, Taillteann for alchemy, Dunbarton for shops and trading, Port Cobh for fishing, Bangor for blacksmiths, Emain Macha for cooking (And Gordon Ramsey), and Tara for... Fashion show?

...And...Jousting...? Yeah, not a lot of reason to be there, and it drives me nuts.

The Capitol, the biggest town in the Kingdom, should not be a ghost town. It should be a bustling metropolis full of random entertaining NPC's and unique shops full of goods you can't find anywhere else, and unique daily events and quests...not a sad, barren, gray, dreary afterthought! I've played enough JRPG's, watched enough Fantasy anime, and read enough Fantasy novels to know that entering the Capitol City, the Biggest Town, should be a huge, exciting deal. There should be a sense of wonder and excitement (especially if the main character is a visitor from another world/land or from some tiny po-dunk town), and mystery to the place, and it should be full of people and activity! Tara needs love badly.
    SdwCdrGhost
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    We do have a banquet every Saturday but that doesn't seem like any motive for anyone to go crazy for Tara. Let's recap: we got Tir Chonaill for cobwebs, Taillteann for alchemy, Dunbarton for shops and trading, Port Cobh for fishing, Bangor for blacksmiths, Emain Macha for cooking (And Gordon Ramsey), and Tara for... Fashion show?

...And...Jousting...? Yeah, not a lot of reason to be there, and it drives me nuts.

The Capitol, the biggest town in the Kingdom, should not be a ghost town. It should be a bustling metropolis full of random entertaining NPC's and unique shops full of goods you can't find anywhere else, and unique daily events and quests...not a sad, barren, gray, dreary afterthought! I've played enough JRPG's, watched enough Fantasy anime, and read enough Fantasy novels to know that entering the Capitol City, the Biggest Town, should be a huge, exciting deal. There should be a sense of wonder and excitement (especially if the main character is a visitor from another world/land or from some tiny po-dunk town), and mystery to the place, and it should be full of people and activity! Tara needs love badly.

I mean people have sporadically asked to improve Tara over the years but no response and at this point, we shouldn't expect one.

I mean people have sporadically asked to improve Tara over the years but no response and at this point, we shouldn't expect one.

Maybe not, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still keep kicking up a fuss about it. Squeaky wheels, and all that jazz...

Bookstore/Gallery and Wine Shops need to be implemented.
    Revamp jousting and fashion show. Westward expansion of Ulahd out of Tara.
    DanievictriaSherri
  • SdwCdrGhostSdwCdrGhost

Expansions are great but I think refining what we have would be great. Expansions should only be done when it is necessary. Then we have to figure out why the need for a new city, what will it offer that would be unique to other cities. Perhaps it sells more advanced weapons than other cities, although we have Edern, perhaps they would be more endgame weapons. Perhaps, it sells manuals, instead. Perhaps it introduces a new class. Before we can think of expanding the horizons, I think Tara needs to be worked on, first.
    Danievictria

Expansions are great but I think refining what we have would be great. Expansions should only be done when it is necessary. Then we have to figure out why the need for a new city, what will it offer that would be unique to other cities. Perhaps it sells more advanced weapons than other cities, although we have Edern, perhaps they would be more endgame weapons. Perhaps, it sells manuals, instead. Perhaps it introduces a new class. Before we can think of expanding the horizons, I think Tara needs to be worked on, first.

Speaking of new classes, I mentioned in another thread that Tara would be a perfect place to introduce a Thief/Rogue talent. It's the biggest city on the continent, you can't tell me there isn't a seedy side. Think of it, a Thieves' Guild right in Tara, with it's own mission board, NPC's, a Black Market, and one heck of an introductory class quest (intrigue, twists and turns...and a thrilling heist mission!). What? A gal can dream...
    Kensamaofmari
  • SdwCdrGhostSdwCdrGhost
    edited August 9, 2019

Speaking of new classes, I mentioned in another thread that Tara would be a perfect place to introduce a Thief/Rogue talent. It's the biggest city on the continent, you can't tell me there isn't a seedy side. Think of it, a Thieves' Guild right in Tara, with it's own mission board, NPC's, a Black Market, and one heck of an introductory class quest (intrigue, twists and turns...and a thrilling heist mission!). What? A gal can dream...

Perfect. Pair that with what you said before and we can actually have something meaningful. Remember that Scimitar, that and the dagger should be formed to form the dagger mastery. That and a skill to increase monster drops by a high amount for a while, shadow clone to evade attacks with ease, lethal blow to inflict massive pain. This could end up being something great, although the first and the last skills are pretty much rip-offs of ingredient hunting and smash.

What if we had something like a steal skill, similar to the one from Konosuba? Chance to steal mob drop but failure results in aggro. This could be used to plunder a mob without killing it, preventing hassle. Although, this may be game breaking or results in farming, so maybe one per mob.
    Danievictria

Perfect. Pair that with what you said before and we can actually have something meaningful. Remember that Scimitar, that and the dagger should be formed to form the dagger mastery. That and a skill to increase monster drops by a high amount for a while, shadow clone to evade attacks with ease, lethal blow to inflict massive pain. This could end up being something great, although the first and the last skills are pretty much rip-offs of ingredient hunting and smash.

What if we had something like a steal skill, similar to the one from Konosuba? Chance to steal mob drop but failure results in aggro. This could be used to plunder a mob without killing it, preventing hassle. Although, this may be game breaking or results in farming, so maybe one per mob.

Give that Lethal Blow an eventual 100% chance of inflicting bleed/poison when used with daggers or scimitars, and that could be pretty sweet!

I've always thought it would be cool if a Steal skill, at a really high level, could have a chance to steal an armed enemy's weapon, reducing their attack power. I don't know how possible that would be in terms of separating the weapon from the enemy...but it could be cool.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    For thief related stuff, what about utility-type abilities, like lock picking or bribery.
    Danievictria
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    For thief related stuff, what about utility-type abilities, like lock picking or bribery.

Picking locks on locked chests and doors for more loot and quicker traversal (the higher the skill's level, the higher the success chance, from %15 for chests and %6 for doors at Novice and rF to %97 for chests and %88 for doors at r1) would be amazing! And bribing enemies to get them to drop aggro or bribing NPC's to get easier access to their secret shops (or get access to new secret shops or special information) would be awesome!
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Still wondering what's past that barricade to the left of the Tir church
    Kensamaofmari

Still wondering what's past that barricade to the left of the Tir church

I think some people back then said that's where Tin was, but with the Lorna and Pan tutorial with Tin, I think that location is on other side of Tir to where the source of the stream is, so that path will remain a mystery.

For Tara, why not have guilds be in the town instead of the castle? Where guilds can make use of unused buildings? Perhaps lease them. And allow guild members to set up shops in those areas?
    Danievictria