Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Holiday Mini Bear Appearance Issues

DraechDraech
Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
edited August 9, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
Hello,

I've noticed that my Holiday Mini Bear tends to have some visual issues with its paws. Specifically, its paws will look way too thin, and its body will appear disproportionate. Don't know what's causing this, but using a Pet Age Potion (attempted with a 1, 3 and 5 version) will reset the Holiday Mini Bear to its normal appearance.

Here's what it currently looks like with the issue:
20190809073554-1.jpg

This is what it should look like:
20190809073632-1.jpg

Username: Draech
Server: Nao

Comments

• aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    I can confirm this happens for me too. Same with my panda.

IGN: Aeternitis
    Server: Alexina
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Dog paws?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    It's an elderly pet. They keep growing beyond age 5 and get bony legs after a couple of months. Take a closer look at your oldest horses/cats/dogs/etc too, they'll all have weird thin legs.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Eralea wrote: »
    It's an elderly pet. They keep growing beyond age 5 and get bony legs after a couple of months. Take a closer look at your oldest horses/cats/dogs/etc too, they'll all have weird thin legs.

They don't...?
  • EraleaEralea
    edited August 13, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

They don't...?

Yeah mb of course they don't

0395Dgn.png
    3ZzHVyT.png

Jk2fdcC.png
    F9gGRPx.png

wcG3bxG.png
    090WdkF.png

I swear, why would you even challenge that? I wouldn't state such things if I knew I could be proven wrong with a two-word sentence. We've known about this feature since forever, here's a thread from 2010 discussing it.

That said, I don't like it either and I wouldn't mind seeing it removed. Since we're discussing it again, I thought it would be worth pointing out that this is an in-game feature affecting certain old pets, so it's not a typical bug.
    If we don't want the devs brushing us off with a "not a bug; feature working as intended", it's probably a better idea to say that we understand that this is a feature - an unpleasant one - and we want it removed completely.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 13, 2019
    I never noticed this, i swear i would have noticed this right away if it did look that awful like it does in these screenshots. The only thing that really annoys me is the character head size looking all same no matter what age they are. Now that crap is horrendous. Really wish it was only a glitch too, but nope. It's Nexon's great feature.
    If that was meant to be, shouldn't old pets also have slower speed?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited August 13, 2019
    @Eralea Thanks for pointing this out, but when I said I tested with three different age potions, they were all in the same day because the issue happened 3 times within 24 hours.
  • EraleaEralea
    Yea they definitely shouldn't be reverting that fast. Aren't pet age potions supposed to last until Saturday age up? ... Are the event ones nerfed?
    Yea they definitely shouldn't be reverting that fast. Aren't pet age potions supposed to last until Saturday age up? ... Are the event ones nerfed?

I though all age potions were weekly.