Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I guess VIP update was a lie

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    what were the odds that a merge was more likely then a simple vip sub update :/
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited July 24, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »
    seems like ive spoken out of hand or likely not far from the truth but it seems my comment was removed :P

And i can guess you didn't even get a PM from any VFM informing why your post got nuked?

It was obvious lie. They said "soon" and the so called "soon" didn't happen. Because i wouldn't call 8 month wait as a "soon".
    Still remember the forum avatar lie back in 2017. It was "soon" that time as well. It's now over 2 years of "soon" waiting.

Wait so.. after all that drama, ranting, pleading, discussing etc...

The forum mods are still deleting things without posting a reason, moving things without posting a reason, and even giving warnings without reason again? I'm glad I got out when I did, the forum relationship with mods/gms is textbook abusive relationship.

Aww comon baby, I only banned you once and it was because I was drunk... It won't happen again I promise.

And here you are posting. 9dnGeIh.png

@Alshian what comment was deleted?

Oh its about me pointing out the obvious Lesson on "Don't go throwing your monies at something that is too good to be true too hasty when Nexon states a VIP update [SOON] or [In 2019] during a sale that never seem to show up like at all." As this will give them a evasive means with how they worded what they say about a promise undecided date. Oh and I also had say this could a some kind of scam.

Although it would of been best if they had chosen to be careful what they say, since for the most of us SOON would mean at least a month or 2 instead of like waiting an entire year for it. While the VIP on sale expires.

I don't remember the direct text as I worded my comment that got deleted without a warning but I guess I had said some powerful stuff to warrant such actions to a sensitive topic.

Tho this VIP update will happen because if not then folks will talk and it won't be good. Maybe near the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 but who knows only Nexon knows.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I've been saying this for years, I've always had a feeling that KR hates us and so they purposely do that. :(

It's just Corean culture. They have 0 consideration for strangers as humans, and shameless hostility toward foreigners.
    ChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    I've been saying this for years, I've always had a feeling that KR hates us and so they purposely do that. :(

It's just Corean culture. They have 0 consideration for strangers as humans, and shameless hostility toward foreigners.

This your first time being "HOOMAN"? because the world is vast and not flat with a moon made of cheese with goblins that disregard human life to benefit themselves.

Long story short, "Its just business".
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

This your first time being "HOOMAN"? because the world is vast and not flat with a moon made of cheese with goblins that disregard human life to benefit themselves.

Something Goblin Slayer would say.
    AlshianRadiant DawnSherri
  • AlshianAlshian

Something Goblin Slayer would say.

Hell yaaaa you know it!~ :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 24, 2019
    seems like ive spoken out of hand or likely not far from the truth but it seems my comment was removed :P

And i can guess you didn't even get a PM from any VFM informing why your post got nuked?

It was obvious lie. They said "soon" and the so called "soon" didn't happen. Because i wouldn't call 8 month wait as a "soon".
    Still remember the forum avatar lie back in 2017. It was "soon" that time as well. It's now over 2 years of "soon" waiting.

The forum mods are still deleting things without posting a reason, moving things without posting a reason, and even giving warnings without reason again? I'm glad I got out when I did, the forum relationship with mods/gms is textbook abusive relationship.

Aww comon baby, I only banned you once and it was because I was drunk... It won't happen again I promise.

Oh its about me pointing out the obvious Lesson on "Don't go throwing your monies at something that is too good to be true too hasty when Nexon states a VIP update [SOON] or [In 2019] during a sale that never seem to show up like at all." As this will give them a evasive means with how they worded what they say about a promise undecided date. Oh and I also had say this could a some kind of scam.

Although it would of been best if they had chosen to be careful what they say, since for the most of us SOON would mean at least a month or 2 instead of like waiting an entire year for it. While the VIP on sale expires.

I don't remember the direct text as I worded my comment that got deleted without a warning but I guess I had said some powerful stuff to warrant such actions to a sensitive topic.

Tho this VIP update will happen because if not then folks will talk and it won't be good. Maybe near the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020 but who knows only Nexon knows.

Then why didn't they delete my comment? I mean honestly they have to consider how it looks from OUR perspective. It is pretty scammy. Whether what they said was a "mistake" or they shouldn't have worded it the way they did back in November, they have to own up to it. We players hang on their every word and the only right thing to do now is compensate the players that bought all those services under the ploy that they were going to be updated soon.

"The sale is there for a reason"

Should have never said that. But you did and now you have to own up to it.
  • AlshianAlshian
    I guess I just worded it where it sounds offensive I guess...just funny because that sale and how long its taking for a VIP update is also an offense...

So yea, can't hold it against me because WE ALL felt how dumb this whole thing is and that its our monies we throwing at blindly forgetting this is NEXON we talking about here.

Just hope players had learnt a valuable lesson to be mindful of your actions...might regret it if it never comes but won't that be a highlight huh?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

Charming as ever I see.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Charming as ever I see.

You're just reinforcing your hypocrisy by replying. Just cut the bs and say you missed this. :)
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

You're just reinforcing your hypocrisy by replying. Just cut the bs and say you missed this. :)

Being a hypocrite doesn't make me wrong, or illogical. I only post this thread every so often because unfortunately Mabi GM's still read this forum, power hungry volunteers, and a myriad of other things are glaring issues that lead me to believe these forums would be better off deleted entirely.

On topic though, can we just get a no at this point?
    WolfsingerSherriGretaCrimsọncourtneyyRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2019

Being a hypocrite doesn't make me wrong, or illogical. I only post this thread every so often because unfortunately Mabi GM's still read this forum, power hungry volunteers, and a myriad of other things are glaring issues that lead me to believe these forums would be better off deleted entirely.

On topic though, can we just get a no at this point?

Glad you are sucked back in. -pat pat-

You never say no to a customer. Rule number one in customer service, no is a dirty word. Instead you have to explain why they are not going to get what they are wanting and how they can avoid this in the future. Then follow up with a, is there anything else I can assist you with? Alright well you have a great day and thank you for being a customer of Nexon America!

lol.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    It would be nice to get the VIP update, but I have to keep buying service either way so my guild doesn't expire. This is the only game I know to put a price on friendship. Which sucks because in my experience this is the only game worth building a guild on in the first place. People aren't nearly as social in-game in other games I play. My guild plays multiple games together but we exclusively do our recruiting on Mabi. :/
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Games use other mediums to discuss things and gather for in-game content. Sadly like all games...including this one. You need to be in a guild for anyone to really help you...which is kind of sad imo. I remember in the beginning of Mabi, meeting so many ppl and they were all in over 10 different guilds...but they had a hard time because I didn't join one and the guilds don't really help other guilds...nor do they help the guildless.

Either way....using VIP to have a guild to keep socially active does become a steep price. Maybe requesting/suggesting a Guild NX item to keep guilds active? Much like the style tab and extra equipment inventory. Or better yet...that should be a free entitlement in game after reaching some sort of achievemnt...or maybe get a reputation? Something so that even bot's can't make them.

VIP itself needs to be redone and it needs to be updated A.S.A.P. if they want to hold onto the player base and finances. As it is....if this keeps up...when they do revamp in nearly a year after they stated, "Soon." I'm not sure they are going to see any return if at all. Players are already not coming back to playing this game as it is. It's more of a log in and log out without sufficient income.

All the gatcha's ....even if they have items that I would like...I wouldn't purchase them. I think more people are starting to mature their craving for new items now.

Companies have to remember that the majority of the ppl won't ever say anything and will just move on. Much like anything else. There is no feedback and they will continuously wonder why and request for ppl to talk ....to give them idea's how to save the game ...when realistically...it's right in front of them. If people really wanted change...they would make it happen. Ppl don't realize how much power a consumer has..even if they don't spend that much...if at all.
    SherriDanievictria
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Games use other mediums to discuss things and gather for in-game content. Sadly like all games...including this one. You need to be in a guild for anyone to really help you...which is kind of sad imo. I remember in the beginning of Mabi, meeting so many ppl and they were all in over 10 different guilds...but they had a hard time because I didn't join one and the guilds don't really help other guilds...nor do they help the guildless.

Either way....using VIP to have a guild to keep socially active does become a steep price. Maybe requesting/suggesting a Guild NX item to keep guilds active? Much like the style tab and extra equipment inventory. Or better yet...that should be a free entitlement in game after reaching some sort of achievemnt...or maybe get a reputation? Something so that even bot's can't make them.

I don't see the issue with bots making a guild, they can't use them to make money or anything. Mabi guilds don't really have much benefits outside of socially being better connected, unless you win the guild battles. I don't see why you need service to make a guild at all. They don't pull this crap in Vindictus. There's special NX stuff you can buy FOR your guild in Vindi but you don't need it and you can keep a guild completely for free there.

I also don't see the issue of "no one helps if you're not in a guild" as much in Mabi as I do in other games. I do prioritize helping the people in my guild over anyone else, BUT if some rando came up and started actually talking to me and was friendly and nice to talk to (instead of just sending a random friend request and staring at my pixels like a creep) then I would happily get to know them and help them even if they weren't joining my guild. Heck, we even have a handful of friends in our discord that aren't in the guild 'cuz they like hanging out with us sometimes.

I can't speak for all guilds, of course, but generally I find the community in Mabi more open to conversation than most other games. Probably because it's had a large slice-of-life style fantasy experience advertised since the game's launch, and has always encouraged a more social environment than what all the WoW clones have. Mabi has the best community environment, but the best way to really bond with people is stuck behind a paywall. :/
    SherriRadiant DawnDanievictria
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Everything is stuck behind a paywall. They rather redundantly charge us for everything rather than update the VIP services encompass those perks that we pay for individually.
    SherriAlshian
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited August 14, 2019
    The 9 months I bought expires on 9/3 ...... I'm not happy :( not happy at all.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't made me feel like it was coming soon, at the TOP of the list of future updates while a sale was going on. it's like I was tricked and baited, and now it's almost time to renew it. I don't know if I will. I love using housing, but for a bit there we kept getting bugs on that and long periods of downtime where we couldn't even use it due to server merge etc. Now there's even more downtime if you miss the bidding window because the automated auction doesn't know how to properly set auction end times so there's auctions ending every day. You end up having to wait a damn week for a house sometimes
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 14, 2019
    Arjune wrote: »
    The 9 months I bought expires on 9/3 ...... I'm not happy :( not happy at all.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't made me feel like it was coming soon, at the TOP of the list of future updates while a sale was going on. it's like I was tricked and baited, and now it's almost time to renew it. I don't know if I will. I love using housing, but for a bit there we kept getting bugs on that and long periods of downtime where we couldn't even use it due to server merge etc. Now there's even more downtime if you miss the bidding window because the automated auction doesn't know how to properly set auction end times so there's auctions ending every day. You end up having to wait a damn week for a house sometimes

Housing is dead...
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    Negumiko wrote: »
    there is still time before 2019 is over. would be nice if they could just give it to us already though. I still mabi KR just likes teasing us with that update as long as they can, watching us jump for the fish and giving it to us as late as possible.

Soon 2019 was over a long time ago though.
    a6aa709c5f19084f2898841f6daaae0f.png

Another thing I'd like to add, the 8 months of VIP I bought on sale when we were told "there's a reason it's on sale" are about to run out as well. Which I'd also like to add, current vip is trash and I wouldn't ever buy it. Bait and switch tactics are shameful maybe even illegal.

It's not bait and switch, but it was definitely profiteering under a little white lie - which is still illegal because it has become inherently misleading. Basically they scammed us when they said that. They need to be held accountable. Those who purchased service during the sale last year under the guise that they were going to update VIP services soon need to be retroactively compensated whenever they finally release the updated services.

That aside...

Something tells me you guys are not going to like the version of updated services they are going to provide us. They always ALWAYS never release it the same way as KR does for their region. So the fight is going to be far from over even after they finally release it. One battle over with always just means another one beginning with Nexon NA.
    that is why I stayed away from that sale, whenever Nexon says "coming soon," expect it to take 4 to 6 months with possibly additional delays. it was a dirty business move but it worked. updated VIP has unlimited access to the Echostone without running that dungeon, letting us make up to 20 mil gold with any personal shop instead of just Belvast, and can make checks up to 30 mil gold with no bank fees. there will probably be few changes but anything is better then the useless VIP we have now.

I will be PISSED if they make it not as good as KR's.

You KNOW we'll get the bungled/watered down version.

That's Nexon NA's specialty.

[VIDEO]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890

Housing is dead...

I still make money from it