Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

LF> Artists for wiki art~ ($40+/half body)

KadalynKadalyn
Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
edited December 8, 2022 in Art Creations
Hello all~! You may know me as the MWW admin, or you may not, but I am!!

If you're further unaware, we have a Patreon to keep the place running and one of the incentives is to commission art from community artists! So we're looking for such people to draw NPC art for the NPCs that don't have official art.

This art will not be used in game and there is no intention to try to get it in game. It will only be used on the wiki to make NPC listings and individual pages more consistent.

While I don't want to be too picky about style, quality is important, and this should roughly be considered a professional job. If you submit more than one I will be happy to be a professional reference on your résumé. It should be as similar to the NPC art style as you're comfortable with going, but for the most part it just needs to not clash with them.

I looked around at the typical pricing for half body art, the highest I found was less than what I'm offering for it. Before that keep in mind this is full colour, shaded, plain expression for an NPC who's never been seen outside of their character model (which often differs a bit from their portraits). I'm offering $40 as a standard price (to be rendered upon completion) but you are welcome to negotiate the amount. Also if you sign it, it shouldn't be visible in the thumbnail. I would prefer you not sign it and rather just upload the image yourself while specifying whatever license you feel is appropriate (I'm happy to discuss these).

This will be ongoing until every current NPC has a portrait, but at the rate we're accruing budget for it it will probably be around one every two months. I'm going to reserve the next post for characters and stuff!

EDIT: Seems like the typical size is around 450 pixels high with a narrower width, but can go up to around 700 pixels wide (as in the case of weird cat). Would recommend something around 450~500 high and width as whatever is proportional.
JazmynForeRuniaLaticijaSeiyaYuMADpotatoLOVER

Comments

• KadalynKadalyn
    edited March 21
    Currently: $357/$40 obtained
    February 2024:
    * Nona by ???
    * Gavin by Sivlep
    * Lazing-about Life Master Milletian by Xiokun
    * Seal Merchant by Mokkezuki
    * Cindy by Riagousaki
    * Madoc by ???
    September 2023: Hicca's Mom by mools
    September 2023: Dart Game Guide by Xiokun
    September 2023: Hamelin by Shuying
    June 2023: Sieve by Leniea
    June 2023: Ailbhis by Timoris
    June 2023: Rab by Timoris
    April 2023: Butler Sebastian by LittleMissDelirious
    April 2023: Joy by Ayshius
    February 2023: Dessert Merchant by LittleMissDelirious
    February 2023: Kayna by chocoyuriele
    January 2023: Ethel by Xiokun
    January 2023: B-kun (second from left) by null
    January 2023: D-kun (second from right) by Arair
    December 2022: B-chan (second from left) by Ariarinko
    November 2022: Milletian Developer in a Strange Land by Arair
    June 2022: Soulmate-Seeking Milletian by Timoris
    June 2021: Urman by SeiyaYu
    March 2021: Lady Aven by Leafpetal
    January 2021: Food Merchant by Nikomis
    July 2020: Slevin by SnaredWolf
    March 2020: Intelligence Agent by Cquiles
    January 2020: Tako by Wynnie
    August 2019: Alyn by Wynnie
    March 2019: Tamon by Graca
    November 2018: Byrun by Timoris
    August 2018: Tibbie by Xiokun
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Hopefully there will be some attention to this and the wiki! (Which reminds me....) Good luck, Kadalyn! :)
  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Two quick questions;

• Is there a specific resolution you're looking for? If not, do you have a preference on a size the image should be able to scale down into?
    To avoid blurry thumbnails.

• And for the expression. Did you prefer them plain, smiling, or mimicing the expression they have on the in-game models?
    Just making sure as the expressions for NPCs on the wiki tend to vary, so there isn't really a default one to pick.

Thank you in advance for your time! c:
  • KadalynKadalyn
    I think there is a specific resolution now that you mention it. All the portraits currently on the wiki should be roughly the same but I'll add a specific number to the post tomorrow.

I described the emotion as plain cause I think it should be an appropriate default for the character. Go talk to the char in game and get a feel for what they're like cause the model isn't really enough detail. If they seem like they'd smile, go for it! The point is that it should be their resting face. If they don't speak at all or it's too generic, feel free to ascribe character to them. I'm happy to help with this if you like, I just expect you could get a better feel for the character first-hand.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    I just privately messaged an awesome friend about this who may or may not be interested.
    If she's interested in this sort of thing, I'm sure she'll either post in here or PM you directly.
    If not, then...was worth of shot :D xD
    I personally can't do digital art(ASSUMING it's digital art only) considering 1.)I don't own a drawing pad nor can afford one. 2.)I'm currently only good with drawing in paper and pencil but I only have LINED paper...
  • RozalinRozalin
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    edited September 21, 2018
    Still need help?
  • DANIartsDANIarts
  • KadalynKadalyn
    This is an on-going project, but we can only pay every so often. I'll be keeping track of the status in the second post and will bump the thread when we have enough. You can also follow our Patreon without even needing to donate to watch for our budget posts.

So if you're interested, there will be plenty of next times! So stay tuned.
    ForeRunia
  • KadalynKadalyn
    This month we have a poll up for some (mostly) lovely boys who Nexon spurned artwork despite their relevance to the story or world! The poll closes on the 15th so I will post the result then, but for those interested, these are the NPCs under consideration:

Byrun
    Adair
    Blatt
    Advancement Guide
    Keane

If you'd like to vote on these or contribute to getting art faster, consider becoming a Patron! Even at the $1 level you can still vote. ^^
  • QonspiracyQonspiracy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,770
    This is a pretty cool idea =)
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Alright the result is in, this time we're requesting our favorite smuggler Byrun!! Let me know if you're interested. ^^
    Jazmyn
  • TimorisTimoris
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Byrun_%28unofficial%29.png

I drew Byrun. c:
    ZjuraImaizumiLaticija
  • ZjuraZjura
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    Timoris wrote: »
    Byrun_%28unofficial%29.png

I drew Byrun. c:

Bryun is such an underated side character, considering you'll run into him alot if you're a merchant.
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Hello hello! Time for round three of these shenanigans with a request for a portrait of Cobh Harbor's lovely giant feuder, Tamon!

If there are any artists willing to take up this portrait, please contact me (discord preferred but here is ok). Or if you know an artist whose art you'd like to see prominently featured on the Port Cobh town page, let them know about this.

Additionally!! Even if you have no art talent whatsoever, perhaps you have an idea for a poll category? Post here with your ideas! It could be a certain area with under-portraited NPCs (we did the Emain Puppet Workshop before) or a certain category of people, like merchants or fishermen or something. Keep in mind, I will be splitting the polls by gender, because in mixed polls people will only vote for girls.

And if you like initiatives like these or want to vote in the next poll, please consider pledging even just $1/mo at our Patreon!
  • BlueblytheBlueblythe
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    edited March 17, 2019
    Oh snap, can I try? I'd like to see if I can get used to doing CG again.
    I did one of my avatar a bit while ago while testing out the mabi style

Do we have to be assigned a npc or...?
    Laticija
  • KadalynKadalyn
    In order to be paid, you would have to do the portrait for the NPC selected by our latest Patreon poll (currently Tamon, as stated above).

However, you're welcome to contribute your own, unpaid portraits if you really want to. This category lists who remains. Particularly, old event NPCs are extremely low priority, so we may never get to commissions for them.

I wouldn't expect that sort of work of anyone, though. If someone officially claims this NPC, there's always next time, too. Currently, two other people have expressed interest to me. Your style looks like it will work to me, though! It's roughly first come first serve in terms of accepting the job though so let me know (and I'm faster to contact on discord!!)
  • TheTakaTheTaka
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    edited April 7, 2019
    I'm working on Tamon right now. this is what I have so far, just need to shade her properly. Let me know if you like her so far. I may adjust a few things in the final completion.
    Dbgpc.jpg
    Imaizumi
  • TheTakaTheTaka
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    Kadalyn wrote: »

Here you go. dd4240v-cd6d821a-70dc-4f80-9e6c-4a155f3e4972.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzlmNGQwNTk4LTA3ZWYtNDc2MS1hOGJhLWI3ZTY1NmJmZGQ0ZVwvZGQ0MjQwdi1jZDZkODIxYS03MGRjLTRmODAtOWU2Yy00YTE1NWYzZTQ5NzIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.vHb83_v9MaF64rT8hTjJm6vwmP5v_O9mmyXEuN2ZZvI

dd4240l-9c653376-b3fc-4176-b5d9-55c2825336f6.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzlmNGQwNTk4LTA3ZWYtNDc2MS1hOGJhLWI3ZTY1NmJmZGQ0ZVwvZGQ0MjQwbC05YzY1MzM3Ni1iM2ZjLTQxNzYtYjVkOS01NWMyODI1MzM2ZjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.KCUvTomq0JtTFzZi1_xmnAKP8evGrgLpbFsntr7WJHk

ImaizumiIon
  • KadalynKadalyn
    Hmm did this thread go a little wonky or is it just me?

Well the time has come around again and this time we're looking for an artist for Alyn! This NPC is different from the other because she has official art of her as an adult, but a proper NPC portrait would be of her as a child.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll probably be poking a few of you who have expressed interest before.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    I would like to do Alyn o: if possible.