Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Guilds

DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
Mabinogi Rep: 815
in General Chat
So, it's been a minute since the server merge (Sorry Alexina), but since the merge, I've seen a lot more people running around without a guild name up. I guess what I'm asking is if you are or aren't in a guild, why?

I'm not in a guild anymore. Used to run one until one by one my comrades moved on to better things in life. I still talk to them, and even met a few out in the real world.
  1. Are you in one?23 votes
    1. Yeah
       52% (12 votes)
    2. Neah
       48% (11 votes)

Comments

• KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited August 22, 2019
    Grew up on halo pc and mostly made content in halo custom edition. Hated commitment and stayed clanless. Found mabinogi and adhered strictly to guildless. It's the nature of early-2000s halo pc//xfire culture.

There'd always be a clanless dude who'd go into fully teamed servers and wipe the floor with everyone and they'd only stay for like two rounds. And it was always a different guy, and they'd always decline clan offers. So I took to that.

The idea that they'd stand on their own skill and achievements rather than sharing credit to any sort of clan for reputation

2019? Still clanless in halopc and still guildless in everything else
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    They're all alts at the jousting arena. XD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Many people are in a guild but often do not have time to play with guild members.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I'm in a guild but it hasn't been active in like years. I only joined it because my friends were in it, and I only have one who plays every now and again.
    I'm almost debating leaving to find another, but I'm not good with people and I kinda like the solo/wandering-samurai thing so....XP
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I'm in a guild but it hasn't been active in like years. I only joined it because my friends were in it, and I only have one who plays every now and again.
    I'm almost debating leaving to find another, but I'm not good with people and I kinda like the solo/wandering-samurai thing so....XP

So in a way, you're like Ains Ool Gown.
    Wolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger

So in a way, you're like Ains Ool Gown.

.....I dunno if that makes me feel better or worse XDD
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    "Ainz slowly reached a hand out, and then stopped in mid-air. It felt as though an invisible wall of glass was blocking him.

A profound sense of loneliness filled Ainz’s heart.

It felt as though the memories of the warm place where the Guardians existed was little more than an image on a monitor — and he was on the other side.

If he stepped into it, they would pledge their loyalty to him. That was a form of awe, and not the warmth he had felt when he had been with his friends.

He felt that it was a terrible shame."

It's a pretty meloncholy feeling. That's the reason I won't join another guild, unless it's a guild that I'm making out of the glory of growing and developing together.
    Wolfsinger
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited August 24, 2019
    I'm not in a guild. It's kind of a big commitment and I don't want to end up letting anyone down or end up with a crappy crowd. So, I just go it alone and turn down every random, unsolicited guild invite I get. (Note: I really hate getting random guild invites and friend requests from people who haven't said so much as 2 words to me. It's weird and off-putting and a little creepy. Like, seriously, I don't know you like that...or at all. Converse with me before you try to bring me into your social circle!)
    DreamdrinkerYummeiKingEphy
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    edited August 25, 2019
    "Ainz slowly reached a hand out, and then stopped in mid-air. It felt as though an invisible wall of glass was blocking him.

A profound sense of loneliness filled Ainz’s heart.

It felt as though the memories of the warm place where the Guardians existed was little more than an image on a monitor — and he was on the other side.

If he stepped into it, they would pledge their loyalty to him. That was a form of awe, and not the warmth he had felt when he had been with his friends.

He felt that it was a terrible shame."

It's a pretty meloncholy feeling. That's the reason I won't join another guild, unless it's a guild that I'm making out of the glory of growing and developing together.

Thank you for fixing that.
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    tend to go it alone, though I used to run a few guilds back in 2009 to 2011-ish. Since then it's been easier just dropping into SMs as a random, help out where I can. I've kinda never felt great feeling obligated to always perform consistently well with guildies and the like every time I log in. Thinking to get back to running one sometime though, enjoyed the atmosphere and having a group to run with.
    Wolfsinger
  • YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    I used to be in guilds before the merge,but nowadays I prefer to stay guildless. I hate the rule where as "if you are inactive for this amount of days you get kicked".I would rather chat with random people I meet in SMs than be in a guild.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    About every guild I've ever joined, the people seem nice at first but then they either go dead silent or turn into completely toxic people.
    So now I stay guildless unless I finally get into a guild that is decent and not infested with drama.

Also, to those people who randomly send guildless people invites out of nowhere, and even stalk them until they join (yes, this happened to me many times), STOP IT FFS.
    DanievictriaWolfsingerYummei
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    Sherri wrote: »

In the random guild's defense, I don't think they're interested in Playstation 2 huge recruiting, so the random invites are far and wide. I haven't seen anybody stalk anybody... Yet. That sounds like a Nightmare.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I had an RP guild for my alts but had to leave it because of the name change thing. I don't want to pay NX again for VIP just to remake it.