Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

2nd/3rd? G24 trailer (interesting story setup)

VeylaineVeylaine
Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
edited August 28, 2019 in Content from Other Regions
looks like the elves and giants from tail are fighting the tara guards?? I wonder what happens.

SherriRadiant DawnKensamaofmari

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 29, 2019
    War over a desired alchemic gem, maybe? Like a philosophers stone?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Oooooh, could this bring the return of Neamhain? =D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    War over a desired alchemic gem, maybe? Like a philosophers stone?

Definitely has philosophers stone written all over this.
    Darkpixie99
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Oh boy, an intercontinental war. Maybe, the end is near.
    Darkpixie99
    If that is Tara they are besieging and not Tail. could it be that someone else has usurped power from Eirawen through political turmoil among the humans and the giants and elves forming another coalition against the usurpers?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If that is Tara they are besieging and not Tail. could it be that someone else has usurped power from Eirawen through political turmoil among the humans and the giants and elves forming another coalition against the usurpers?

Maybe an offshoot of the Royal Alchemists who defected to the Order of the Black Moon, like Driana?

Well, maybe.
    I just see some Royal Alchemist Suits, but I can't tell whose side who is on.
    At a glance it really seems like Taillteann is charging on Tara.
    I was in Rath earlier doing G11 and unless there are changes coming to Tara Is would say that is Tailteann.

Because Rath's walls have few ramparts and the walls cannot be walked on. Also the outer walls have decorated holes in them which makes it unlikely to be Tara.

The video would look a lot more like Tailteann geographical wise.

Unless there will be a new map and new city.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited September 5, 2019
    I was in Rath earlier doing G11 and unless there are changes coming to Tara Is would say that is Tailteann.

Because Rath's walls have few ramparts and the walls cannot be walked on. Also the outer walls have decorated holes in them which makes it unlikely to be Tara.

The place shown in the video has got to be Rath Royal Castle, at least in the zoomed-out shot here, with some in-game shots to compare:
    7112d73fa4.png
    2ea08f95d9.jpg
    It shows the gate, the square-topped tower on the left, and the spired building on the right

It's on a cliff, like Rath Royal Castle, and you can even make out the enemies filing up the ramp:
    c9a8d6eb07.png
    86855e067f.jpg

The squared(ish)-hedge things:
    3bcfe8fe6d.png
    ea5ead39c8.jpg
    Though in the video it's filled with soldiers fighting.

You can even see that fountain and flower patch thingies:
    bf796b7056.png
    d1659b0202.jpg

There are a few inaccuracies in the video, such as the spired building missing its rear two spires, but as for the rampart problem, they look fine enough, at least on the front of the castle, above the gate:
    d52093a819.png
    You can reach those from the Garden.

As for the place where that sleeping person is, I'm not sure where that is what THIS is:
    Edit: This is the top of Castanea's house
    df905f7759.png
    01454223da.png
    Or where in-game you can see windows like these:
    bda524e68c.png

But since it's an Elf in the video, maybe it's somewhere in Filia?
    Iyasenu wrote: »

The place shown in the video has got to be Rath Royal Castle, at least in the zoomed-out shot here, with some in-game shots to compare:
    7112d73fa4.png
    2ea08f95d9.jpg
    It shows the gate, the square-topped tower on the left, and the spired building on the right

It's on a cliff, like Rath Royal Castle, and you can even make out the enemies filing up the ramp:
    c9a8d6eb07.png
    86855e067f.jpg

3bcfe8fe6d.png
    ea5ead39c8.jpg

bf796b7056.png
    d1659b0202.jpg

There are a few inaccuracies in the video, such as the spired building missing its rear two spires, but as for the rampart problem, they look fine enough, at least on the front of the castle, above the gate:
    d52093a819.png

As for the place where that sleeping person is, I'm not sure where that is what THIS is:
    df905f7759.png
    01454223da.png
    bda524e68c.png

Hmm... that is indeed Rath. Well, it will be a quick siege then, since they got in from Tara seemingly easily from that scene. If any logic were used, Rath is not fit to withstand simple siege assaults.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

7112d73fa4.png
    2ea08f95d9.jpg

c9a8d6eb07.png
    86855e067f.jpg

3bcfe8fe6d.png
    ea5ead39c8.jpg

bf796b7056.png
    d1659b0202.jpg

d52093a819.png

df905f7759.png
    01454223da.png
    bda524e68c.png

Hmm... that is indeed Rath. Well, it will be a quick siege then, since they got in from Tara seemingly easily from that scene. If any logic were used, Rath is not fit to withstand simple siege assaults.

I can't remember if it was a throwaway line during some storyline, but doesn't Eirawen have a secret escape tunnel somewhere, at least?
    At the very least she should be able to get out safely.

Also that Elf in the bottom picture...
    Is that Cethlenn?
    I'm not sure what other Elf has short white hair, but the part of their hair seems to be on the opposite side of Cethlenn's.

7112d73fa4.png
    2ea08f95d9.jpg

c9a8d6eb07.png
    86855e067f.jpg

3bcfe8fe6d.png
    ea5ead39c8.jpg

bf796b7056.png
    d1659b0202.jpg

d52093a819.png

df905f7759.png
    01454223da.png
    bda524e68c.png

I can't remember if it was a throwaway line during some storyline, but doesn't Eirawen have a secret escape tunnel somewhere, at least?
    At the very least she should be able to get out safely.

Also that Elf in the bottom picture...
    Is that Cethlenn?
    I'm not sure what other Elf has short white hair, but the part of their hair seems to be on the opposite side of Cethlenn's.

Well, G16 was a pretty easy siege as well.
    I think we may be in for some shockers in this new storyline though.
    Iyasenu
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Uh, that isn't Bella at 0:32, is it?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Looks like the Expeditionary Force (OG one) is attacking Tara Castle.... interesting o_o
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 23, 2019
    Arjune wrote: »
    Looks like the Expeditionary Force (OG one) is attacking Tara Castle.... interesting o_o

Alchemy and magic, what could ever go wrong?

G24 Climax Event Page
    listb_190829_uprise.jpg

First G24 video

Climax Part Two
    Event page
    listb_190816_g24t.jpg