Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hurricane Dorian

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited August 30, 2019 in General Chat
Hello, Milletians! According to the news, those of us in Florida and on the islands to the south-east are due to be hit by Hurricane Dorian (which is supposed to be a Category 4 when it hits), with the state beginning to feel the storm's effects by Sunday. Please make sure to stay safe and also check in so we know you're ok! Good luck with your storm preparations!

Things to Remember:
If you can, fill up your cars. If the gas stations go down or run out, you have no fuel.

Keep sources of fresh water. If you can get bottled water, great. If not, fill jugs of it and keep it in the fridge, if you have spare plastic bottles fill them about 2/3 full and put them in the freezer. This will act as a means to keep your freezer cool if your power is out for a while and also water. Filling your bathtub with water is another good source of fresh water!

Charge your power banks or anything rechargeable! This might mean the difference between you having a phone to call on or not! If you don't have a power bank, various stores sell them like Five Below, Ross, TJ Maxx and other stores! Five Below also carries LED lanterns so you can have some light and they usually run on either AA or AAA batteries!

If you have anything outside that's not bolted down, a storm could pick it up and chuck it at your house or your car. Get it somewhere inside!

Pick up canned food for in case your power goes out for a few days! If you have a grill, get your charcoal and propane canisters ready! This can help use any food that you might normally lose due to power outages like frozen meat.

Get a weather radio! Your phone may go down to its bare minimum due to emergency services and cell tower damage and you want to stay apprised of what's going on. During Irma, all I could do was text people, so don't be surprised if you can't do phone calls during and after the storm.

That's all I can think of off-hand. If anyone thinks of anything else, post it here! Stay safe out there, Milletians!

tumblr_pbv9b6oH0O1v1hotuo1_400.gif
Sherristarkiller1286pawcalypseKingEphy

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited August 30, 2019
    Stay safe everyone!
    Also - Stock up on medications, make sure you have enough pet food (FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS DON'T LEAVE YOUR PETS BEHIND IF YOU NEED TO EVACUATE)
    Keep get all your medical records in one place
    Take money out of the banks incase of ATM/credit machines go down.
    LeineiWolfsingerSherripawcalypsevampryn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Medical records are in the system, just make sure you have your insurance cards and ID's and other self identification documents for you and your loved ones. There is no need to panic. Ever.
    LeineiSherri
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I read the title as "Hurricane Dorren".
    pawcalypseGaby5011
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    I read the title as "Hurricane Dorren".

Came into this thread thinking just this. Anyways, take care all.
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    No matter what type of natural event there might be, always have a Plan and reserve emergency supplies. Always have key documents in easily accessible areas and be ready to pack up and go.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    That's why you have a bug out kit.
  • YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    Also if your job is still making you go to work hours before the storm,please just call out sick or tell them you are not going out to risk your life(Unless you are emergency personal). I hate to hear that people decided to go to work and then when the storm is already so bad they get stuck in their car or even worst situations..
    *I say this because I remember during Sandy,1 of my moms co-workers had his car stuck and he got sucked into a drainage tube and died*
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 30, 2019
    I remember one time there was a severe snow storm in my area. I live at a higher elevation than where the jobs are at. I called in to let them know that I won't be able to make it in because I can't see the roads. The moron of a supervisor taking calls for call offs was like "well we're fine down here, so you can't call off". WELL GOOD FOR YOU (BLEEP)!!! Don't let employers bully you. Document everything and throw it in their faces so if they do fire you - you can still collect unemployment even if they try to fight it. The STATE will be on YOUR side. You can just show them all the documentation and flip them off.

Document everything. Remember that because employers will still try to write you up even if there was serious extenuating circumstances, no matter where you are or what was happening. Sometimes some employers can be that indifferent.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited August 31, 2019
    So far Dorian is slated to hit Florida roughly between early morning Tuesday until early morning Thursday.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I'm in Florida. I just hope my area doesn't get much. I really don't wanna lose power for over a week again, or worse.
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Floridian here. I'm going to spend the duration like I spent Irma and Matthew.

With a cooler of beer, my guitar, and some tobacco. But thanks for this. I know a lot of people are worried about it, so I'll throw out that you need to reach out to your cornys (corner stores). They're more community driven than say, wally world and they have bread and canned goods available if you couldn't find any.

Also, at least over here, 1.25 a pack of 24 waters.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 31, 2019
    Sai wrote: »
    I'm in Florida. I just hope my area doesn't get much. I really don't wanna lose power for over a week again, or worse.

If you lived in a area that gets snow that would be on it within hours. But because florida is down south and doesn't have to deal with freezing temperatures they basically just get to it when they get to it. THIS IS THE TRUTH PEOPLE and it's BS!!! I've lived in southern states and restoring power takes days. But if you live up north they restore it within hours. PLUS you pay up the ass for that southern weather. I rather have snow and remain connected. It's perfect for introverts, we prefer to remain inside warm and cozy anyway.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Stay safe chosen undead...don't want you to go hallow.
    As of yesterday, it's slow spinning over the Bahamas at 5 MPH allowed it to weaken to a Cat 4 and potentially a Cat 3 by the time it gets to any part of Florida. Of course, I think some areas of eastern coastal Florida has seen bands of thunderstorms already, like the blade of a grinder slowly making cuts.
  • LeineiLeinei
    N13_trop_4_position_forecast.jpg

I think it's trolling us now. -_-
    Should still expect some heavy storms to drench the area.

Also, sometimes the projected path doesn't always stay the same.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Lived in Florida all my life. I know the drill. XD
    Leinei wrote: »
    Lived in Florida all my life. I know the drill. XD

I don't doubt ya, but there are some who don't know the drill.