Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hurricane Dorian

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 3, 2019
    Shouldn't this be in Town Square?
    Lock it too because it's not in their dedicated section lol.
    Why these forums are so biased...
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 3, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

Or, you know, it could be that you're comparing apples to oranges. I feel one of these threads are inherently more important and also doesn't have needless derailment.

Anyway, I don't live in Florida so I'm not up to date on the storm, but hoping everything stays well.
    LeineiSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 4, 2019
    Let me tell you some florida man stories while we wait this hurrican out... :D

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/florida-man-says-navy-should-drop-ice-in-ocean-to-stop-hurricane-dorian/
    Leinei
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »
    Let me tell you some florida man stories while we wait this hurrican out... :D

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/florida-man-says-navy-should-drop-ice-in-ocean-to-stop-hurricane-dorian/

So that's why the sea levels are rising...
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited September 4, 2019
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Or, you know, it could be that you're comparing apples to oranges. I feel one of these threads are inherently more important and also doesn't have needless derailment.

Anyway, I don't live in Florida so I'm not up to date on the storm, but hoping everything stays well.

I put it here because General gets far more traffic than Town Square does and as this is an issue that could affect our members, I wanted it seen. I've been through hurricanes before and they're terrifying like Charlie when it collapsed the back half of my house as my mother and I watched from the other side of a pair of french doors. I went through Irma which had ripped parts off of my current house (though not nearly as bad as Charlie did) and left us without power for about a week and others for over two. I wanted people to be aware of what was going as well as their friends so everyone could be prepared.

N13_trop_4_position_forecast.jpg?width=607&height=342
    This was how close it was to us before it changed direction. We had models where four out of five were taking it through the state until Monday.

dorian.png?width=669&height=470
    This is what the storm looked like yesterday.

I'm certain people have heard about how badly the storm hit the Bahamas, so I would think anyone with any sense would understand why this thread should be somewhere far more frequented than Town Square was. That's like taking a post about something that should front page news and putting it somewhere in the classifieds. It's not related to Mabinogi as in what goes on in game, but it's related to its players, and I find that making sure our fellow Milletians are informed is more important.

I mean, come on, you guys all know I always post my 'heads-ups' here in General. =D

@Sebastian I just realized I never reported the status. I'm more inland, so we only had some wind damage, but I haven't heard anything from anyone on the coast about damage, so unsure there though I assume worse. The Bahamas got hit hard so if anyone knows anyone there, check on them!

UPDATE: Dorian is heading toward the Carolina coasts.

N13_trop_4_position_forecast.jpg
    SebastianSherri
    That's still a good amount of precipitation.
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited September 4, 2019

Yep, lots of potential flooding.
    Leinei wrote: »

It's those leaning edges that spin fast and keep on pouring in the bands of thunderstorms.
    Leinei
  • LeineiLeinei

It's those leaning edges that spin fast and keep on pouring in the bands of thunderstorms.

Winds are pretty bad here and there too. Last night as the storm passed me, the rain as going sideways.

Winds are pretty bad here and there too. Last night as the storm passed me, the rain as going sideways.

What was the wind speed? Above 70 mph?
  • LeineiLeinei

Not sure. All I know is the rain was going sideways and I now have gazebo damage. =T

Not sure. All I know is the rain was going sideways and I now have gazebo damage. =T

Water damage?
  • LeineiLeinei

Water damage?

No, we didn't flood. The area I live in is next to a forest that drops off, so if anywhere floods, it's that.

Water damage?

No, we didn't flood. The area I live in is next to a forest that drops off, so if anywhere floods, it's that.

Forests help contain floods. So wind damage.
  • YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    I feel bad for anyone who lives in the Bahamas,to get struck by a Cat 5/4 Hurricane is devastating.
    Yummei wrote: »
    I feel bad for anyone who lives in the Bahamas,to get struck by a Cat 5/4 Hurricane is devastating.

Estimating 15,000 homes destroyed.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    GUYS watch out for over-quoting!

Anyway, this thread belongs in Town Square.
    Greta

I would be troubled if the hurricane slammed into town square.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

I would be troubled if the hurricane slammed into town square.

Kensa...
    05d.jpg
    KensamaofmariLeineiWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Wow, what's with all the backseat moderators? Especially with a topic like this? Yeesh.
    Anyway, I'm thinking of and praying for those affected/about to be affected by this hurricane.

Looks super floofy but it's actually floof of death >:c