Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Eweca Orb Renewal - September 2019

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 8, 2019
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    I'm sorry your server is having enchant scroll supply problems. I can see how this compounds your situation, making this decision they did potentially even worse for you - if you even care about getting those enchants in the first place. (I kinda suspect you don't). Pretty sure they didn't change the drop rates for those enchants in Eweca. But suuuuuuuure lets see what happens in the market. Maybe not to burns...but maybe upgraded reforged armors will see a significant increase because of this. I guess we will see eh?

Since we seem to be putting on quite a show here, this will be my last post before things get too out of hand. And all there really is for me to say is how wildly you are contradicting yourself. In this snippet above, you're talking about how this issue would be worse for us because of them making enchants exclusive, correct? And requiring burns? Yet in your next paragraph you mention how burns sold for a 3rd of the price...

And suspect all you want. Wouldn't be the first time you've made rash decisions.

But personally...
    Not only that but this hampers profits of those enchants, you can only sell a burn for a 3rd of the price of the scroll. It was always a pleasant bonus to get an enchant worth 20-30m from eweca. But now if I want to sell that enchant I have to put it on a burn item OH AND use a trade unlock potion in order to sell it. So if I don't have one on hand from an event, I would have to spend 7m or cough up an extra 6 bucks.

I can well understand not wanting to do burns. And it's unfortunate if they do fail. However from the beginning of this entire discussion, you were concerned about newer players (in a sense of being new to the veteran scene) obtaining the enchant scrolls (see quote below). And now you're sitting here and telling me you benefit from selling the enchant scrolls. Certainly not a crime! But have some shame, Crims. Surely, your outburst wasn't because of newer players. It's because you're no longer lining your pockets with gold. Why not just be honest and tell everyone what it's really about, mmm? I'm sure it'd do us a lot more good and you wouldn't be contradicting yourself mid argument.

Thank you for killing this game even more. Doing this will make those enchants EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE and thus screws out the player trying to be on par with veterans.

The space between these two quotes unsettles me so this is pointless text just to break up the quotes.

From my perspective with that said it feels like a ploy to get people to buy more Nx. Which I won't do, and I've been in discord chats about this - others are not going to either. We see through that bs and I'm not going to play into this shadiness...

Now because of people not wanting to spend extra to make these enchants available to everyone else, well we're going to see supply problems in the near future. Maybe not now from your perspective, but yeah down the road. It takes a little bit of time for things like this to catch up with us.

A small sample size, reasonably, is not good to work off of when trying to get an accurate idea of how things will change. We see this argument all the time here and nothing changes (Alexina merge). Feel free to not buy the Eweca Orbs. Nobody is forcing you. But thinking a handful of your acquaintances who likely agree with you unconditionally will drastically change whaling is laughable. Stop trying to be "woke". At the end of the day Nexon is a business and businesses need to make money. And it's okay to want to make money. Clearly that's what it's about for you too. You're playing a shady in-game market then hammering down on Nexon for trying to keep itself afloat.

Oh by the way...please do reuse my last line as a comeback to make your argument valid. Very original. Don't forget to follow it up with a Thanks. smhlol. :D

It's there so you have something to cling to when you want to dodge the argument. Thank you for biting. It gave me an idea of how much you actually cared about your cover story.

I'm human. Get over it. My apologies to Iyasenu for my outburst though. Moving on.

From everyone wanting to profit and those who want or need the enchants. It's screws us all compared to what we HAD. What they did was unnecessary (just like my outburst and other previous responses to things that piss me off). We won't be able to profit as much anymore and newer players will have a tougher time getting the enchants they want. It will be discouraging for them. There is no contradiction because I am thinking of both sides of the player base which I covered in this thread. Additional discouragement is the last thing we need. Plus once this gets out this could potentially hurt the sales of Eweca gacha.

As I said before in the past, I've only mainly purchased Eweca for easy exploration levels. It's sad that I won't be able to profit from it as much, but it's not my only source of gold because I am active player. I don't rely on gacha to make gold, (hell I just made 80m from Song Stardust this week). In fact, whenever I got those enchants I would sell them for much cheaper than what everyone else was selling them at. But I guess I will have to start tacking on 7m to my low prices from now on...

Also as I said, I guess we will see huh? I can be "woke" all I want, I wouldn't use that as a term to describe me as being aware and trying to convince others to be aware as well in order to try and change things. That's just a new age ethnic term and it's laughable you would use it in a argument.

Nexon could choose to profit without pissing us players off all the time but it seems every time they implement something new we want they negatively change something else. This being the most recent example. We wanted the eweca updated, they update it, but then they take away the tradability for scrolls that come from this gacha. This is a trend that needs to stop. Because at this point now I am going to start fearing every time they update and give us something we've always wanted. I'll start wondering, oh jeese what did they do to us now?

Nexon is indeed a business. Hey why not just give us the VIP update instead of pissing us off all of the time with these little changes? That could be some decent revenue. Oh wait, they will give us a watered down version and charge us extra for it. Calling it now because we're not other regions. 9dnGeIh.png

Something tells me this won't be your last reply especially with Buffalos at your side.
    IyasenuSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    So much drama over gacha and some enchants... Just stop playing the game and you will see how life is way less stressful. I just log in to stamp attendance and log out the same minute lol.
    HarukariAnnaysM
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Eh, RNG is RNG.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 9, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »
    Eh, RNG is RNG.

Yo dawg, I heard you like RNG.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Eh, RNG is RNG.

Noh. Nooh pls ; w ;

Anything but RNG D:

The Word triggers PTSD, I can remember the shootings, the burnings, the smell of blood with tears, the horrific screams, the moaning of despair, the sounds of failures, and AHHHH the image of nothing but sights of failures repeating an endless circle with me in it like a headless chicken bleeding out till it breaks me...I can't go on, I am beyond saving, our salvation will never come, save yourselves while you still can! steer clear from the dangers of RNG it controls you, binds you, taking advantage of your false hope of progress...it will never come to pass, its....Eternity.

Pls snap this to be perfectly balanced as it all should be. :c
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Eh, RNG is RNG.

Noh. Nooh pls ; w ;

Anything but RNG D:

The Word triggers PTSD, I can remember the shootings, the burnings, the smell of blood with tears, the horrific screams, the moaning of despair, the sounds of failures, and AHHHH the image of nothing but sights of failures repeating an endless circle with me in it like a headless chicken bleeding out till it breaks me...I can't go on, I am beyond saving, our salvation will never come, save yourselves while you still can! steer clear from the dangers of RNG it controls you, binds you, taking advantage of your false hope of progress...it will never come to pass, its....Eternity.

Pls snap this to be perfectly balanced as it all should be. :c

Too bad, you are now cursed with rng within rng.
    Wolfsinger
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'm kind of in the middle.

I hate the Rng factors, but it's no hill to die on.

Anybody who srsly wants to obtain or make a profit off these will already commit to finding a road of least resistance as a mean to its end.

Like exploiting events. *wink*

I'd be more sympathetic if Nexon erects an impossibru barrier tho.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I just thought of something...
    Was Nexon trying to tackle inflation by creating this gold sink? Because this is basically a gold sink slash profiting scheme.

This was not a good way to go about this.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    -looks in thread- o.o

-sees comments-

tenor.gif
    DraechWolfsingerRadiant DawnSebastianKitt15Sherri