Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Activity level of Nao?

ValenthValenth
Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
edited September 12, 2019 in General Chat
i haven't gone into the Nao server yet but I'm curious how the activity level and if combining servers has improved the community.

What are your thoughts?

Alexina is still very sad and very dead.
  1. Thoughts?33 votes
    1. Player activity as increased
       45% (15 votes)
    2. Player activity has remained the same
       24% (8 votes)
    3. *shrug*
       30% (10 votes)

Comments

• ValenthValenth
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    From this thread last month responded by a few people. Mostly indifferent.
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/21066/the-merge-that-created-nao

Bleh...The game is dead. :( I guess we all just got older and have other things to do now.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Valenth wrote: »

Bleh...The game is dead. :( I guess we all just got older and have other things to do now.

Enough people play and make purchases to keep it going Enough people still enjoy it. Life does get in the way for older players, but it's not like everyone has disappeared.
    pawcalypseLeineiIyasenuRadiant DawnAlchemistjk
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    At the very least you could find people on each channel catching shooting stars in all three possible star-falling areas.

Of course it's also Day 1 of a new part of the event, so who knows that'll last.
    Kensamaofmari
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    At the very least you could find people on each channel catching shooting stars in all three possible star-falling areas.

Of course it's also Day 1 of a new part of the event, so who knows that'll last.

10 days.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 12, 2019
    Meanwhile in Alexina i didn't see even a single soul in Port Ceann for a whole in-game day for now. At least in ch4. Got so many stars all for myself hehe.
    Greta wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Alexina i didn't see even a single soul in Port Ceann for a whole in-game day for now. At least in ch4. Got so many stars all for myself hehe.

That's how it should be in Port Ceann. Then again, it's still early in the day.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    There is no "Busy" channel anymore, and this was on a Saturday. There was no busy status for 1 week now. I am happy that there is 1 gold-ad spam bot unlike 8 or whatever. The reforge sellers have taken their spot in Belvast but in Nao instead. The lifeskill sellers I usually buy from are no longer around.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah, it's not like we don't have TEN CHANNELS IN NAO to span our population on. -_-
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah, it's not like we don't have TEN CHANNELS IN NAO to span our population on. -_-

Just 7.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

Just 7.

Are you talking about Alexina? Because Nao's server has ten which is why we might not have a busy channel (we're spread too far out XD).
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I've just hogged a beach full of stars on Nao, so... you know... deader than expected, but this is fine. Getting the pet will be pretty easy on both servers. (If it's another lv200 expiring pet I will scream but for some reason I have faith in this one)

People are comparing Nao with peak population Alexina, but I definitely remember this event being much more chaotic and rage-inducing in 2013 Alexina.
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    Mabinogi Rep: 330
    hardly anyone is playing mabi now that its school time... but then again, this game aint full of kids so it shouldn’t matter that much, but after x2 event, the decrease in players is noticeable... idk how lively nao is compared to alex but alex is definitely dead
    pawcalypse
  • YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    Nao has definitely died down from the hype of the server merge/name changes. The activity is like almost the same before merge announcement.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Yummei wrote: »
    Nao has definitely died down from the hype of the server merge/name changes. The activity is like almost the same before merge announcement.

It was busier when the merge was new. To what extent things are now we can't really be sure. I find it curious though that our old source of information, the activity gauges on the wiki home page, no longer work since Nexon has perhaps placed the information, to be polled, behind a firewall?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 13, 2019
    Yummei wrote: »

I disagree with that. People actually respond and arrive to party ads about phantasm and peaca abyss runs. Before on Ruairi you might get like 1-2 responses without having to spam your friends list. Now it fills up without having to do that. This also includes runs for sidhe, alban, advanced hm dungeons.

It's true the activity has waned down, but that's because school is in cession. It does tend to pick up in the evenings when people come home from school or work.

Just 7.

Are you talking about Alexina? Because Nao's server has ten which is why we might not have a busy channel (we're spread too far out XD).

Spread out over multiple dimensions in a vast world.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Just 7.

Spread out over multiple dimensions in a vast world.

I think that's Minecraft that yer talkin' 'bout, son.
    SherripawcalypseWolfsingerKensamaofmari